nadir export

Hawkeye60

I thought I would see if I could export the nadir display to my second liliput monitor and it works! Just wanted to use the the extra screen space.

To do this, go to mods\aircraft\sa342\cockpit\nadir\init,lua and add

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("NADIR")

at end of file.Then make a viewport in monitor config lua for Nadir

NADIR =

{

x = 10;

y = 1100;

width = 540;

height = 540;

}

Your Position and size may vary. I need to adjust both slightly.

I now have both tv and nadir exported.

Think I'll try the radar.

Enjoy, Greg

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be a common problem on this forum, the adding of spaces in the middle of words.

I've seen it a number of other times, with the space in the same spot!

The text I used for the command was a cut and paste from a working file.

Good catch!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I tried a similar thing for the RWR, no cigar :(

Has anyone been able to export RWR?

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Can you share how you got your TV to export? I found my two 7" USB monitors and want to set one up for the TV and one for the NADIR....

I will add these exports to our list of enchacements as well to make it easier in the future.

I thought I would see if I could export the nadir display to my second liliput monitor and it works! Just wanted to use the the extra screen space.

To do this, go to mods\aircraft\sa342\cockpit\nadir\init,lua and add

try_find_assigned_viewport("NADIR")

at end of file.Then make a viewport in monitor config lua for Nadir

NADIR =

{

x = 10;

y = 1100;

width = 540;

height = 540;

}

Your Position and size may vary. I need to adjust both slightly.

I now have both tv and nadir exported.

Think I'll try the radar.

Enjoy, Greg

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Hi, Add this to the bottom of the tv init.lua

try_find_assigned_viewport("SA342_TV")

Then create the viewport in your monitor config called SA324_TV.

I find that both NADIR and RWR on same screen works well, Just turn down the NADIR and/or RWR brightness when needed. I also assigned all the NADIR controls to the cougar mfd's and have a working NADIR at hand.

Enjoy, Can't wait for more weapons, Perhaps next week?

"Has anyone been able to export RWR? "

Add this to the bottom of the RWR init.lua file,

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

try_find_assigned_viewport("GazelleRWR")

Then, make the view port in the monitor config file for GazelleRWR.

If you have any trouble I'll try to help.

Have Fun!

Just a note, the code above has been altered by a added space in "ViewportHandling" between the r and t, and will not work with it there. I do know the text was fine in the preview window before it was submitted.

Just remove the space if you cut and paste.

Ah...I have TV thinking it would work. Will try SA342_TV tomorrow and test it out.

As for weapons....I'm playing with them now making sure they work nice and well. So we'll say Soon™

Hi, Add this to the bottom of the tv init.lua

try_find_assigned_viewport("SA342_TV")

Then create the viewport in your monitor config called SA324_TV.

I find that both NADIR and RWR on same screen works well, Just turn down the NADIR and/or RWR brightness when needed. I also assigned all the NADIR controls to the cougar mfd's and have a working NADIR at hand.

Enjoy, Can't wait for more weapons, Perhaps next week?

Edited by Mt5_Roie

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

"Has anyone been able to export RWR? "

Add this to the bottom of the RWR init.lua file,

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

try_find_assigned_viewport("GazelleRWR")

Then, make the view port in the monitor config file for GazelleRWR.

If you have any trouble I'll try to help.

Have Fun!

Dammit, I missed your answer! More lines to add than NADIR, I didn't think bout the usual ones.... Thanks a ton, gotta test that asap.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 2 weeks later...

You only need to make a viewport in the monitor config file in dcsworld\config\monitorsetup

Make sure the name of the viewport matches the name given in the NADIR init.lua file.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few more exports to add to the list:

SA342L/Mistral Weapons Panel:

Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\WP1\init.lua

add the following lines to the end of the file:

try_find_assigned_viewport("SA342_WP1")

I use the dimensions 408x60 to give an idea of the proper aspect ratio

UHF Radio:

Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\Radio\Indicator\UHF\init.lua

try_find_assigned_viewport("SA342_UHF")

VHF FM Radio:

Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\Radio\Indicator\FM\init.lua

try_find_assigned_viewport("SA342_FM")

I use dimensions of 408x80 for both radios.

The UHF radio is particularly useful if you map the number keys to your keyboard (I use a modifier with them) because you can enter frequencies without having to look under the collective.

Now if only I could find a way to display the Rocket/Cannon lights in the L...

Edited by Home Fries