Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

Excellent news, Baltic, I'm happy you still keep A-10 in mind, after almost mastering it, I am inclined to buy any Campaign, mission or advanced story type training with surprises, for it :)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I will definitely buy this. The stock training missions do what they should, that is teach you how to operate the aircraft. However, they are very sterile and doesn't feel like real life training. I really like the idea of making the training feel more alive and real. This may very well set a new standard of how we think of training missions!

Cool, looking forward to it!!

There are still too less campaigns, and you are a motor driving the car into the right direction :)

Thx DCS for payware campaigns, big effort must be honored, so please proceed with your work baltic!

... aimed mainly at new players, containing between 15 - 18 missions with all the basic information and instructions required to master all the systems that would be useful in mostly (but not only) single player flying in the A-10.

That's a major factor for me; will definitely buy! To me, well constructed training missions are most important, and using NTTR for such a campaign is very much welcomed. :thumbup:

Question: will these mission walk the player through the sensors and how to use them, or is that knowledge already assumed in order to master these missions? Never really mastered the A-10C well enough myself.... :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's a major factor for me; will definitely buy! To me, well constructed training missions are most important, and using NTTR for such a campaign is very much welcomed. :thumbup:

Question: will these mission walk the player through the sensors and how to use them, or is that knowledge already assumed in order to master these missions? Never really mastered the A-10C well enough myself.... :music_whistling:

The idea is as follows - before every mission we will indicate the pages in the manual that player should read. We will basically go through the sensors and describe their uses, but we will assume that player has read the required part of the manual. The idea is to familiarize with the sensors, go into options that are not often used and to show some tricks that might be useful in the future.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

The idea is as follows - before every mission we will indicate the pages in the manual that player should read. We will basically go through the sensors and describe their uses, but we will assume that player has read the required part of the manual. The idea is to familiarize with the sensors, go into options that are not often used and to show some tricks that might be useful in the future.

This sounds excellent. I've been hoping for something like this in NTTR - I need a bit of a push to spend the time learning the A-10C, hopefully this will be it. :)

Referencing pages and such would also be a big help - all of this sounds great! :)

-Nick

This sounds great, just need that push to get this 'joined up' I've faffed with the A10 for years, eventually goy Mavericks workin, LGB's not so well, probably because unlike a real pilot I have lots of other planes,games. So to do this justice I need to go back over the manual,, practice my start up sequence, get to cockpit in my head and be at home, not a visitor, searching for switches, LEARN the UFC etc so when a target is ahead I don't have to make three passes to get on target...There said it lol

• 5 weeks later...

Subscribed

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

How does this compare to the Maple Flag missions? I have all three of their campaigns which, for the most part, I thought were done extremely well. Is this more sensor in depth? I'm just a little tentative on this one. You've done amazing work so I know this will be well done, just don't know if I'd be buying the same thing again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We don't want to compete with MF missions, which are great. In fact, I think both campaigns may be going together well.

There is a couple of things I want to point out:

A) This campaign won't grade your skills - yes, there will be 2-3 complex missions simulating the real battlefield that will require you to put things you have learned to test, but its main goal is not to assess you. It is to teach you. So we will go deep into functioning of sensors, systems etc. Including those which are not utilised by most of other mission designers, like correct radio frequencies use. We will also try to give some tips and tricks that might be useful during missions. You should learn all that you need to be really proficient in the more demanding SP campaigns - like TEW or (knowing his excellent work so far) upcoming Ranger79s one.

B) This will be done with great focus on storyline and characters. This campaign is set at a very specific background - preparation to participate in an emerging conflict in the Strait of Hormuz, it has defined characters (you will play a National Guard captain who has flown on A-10As and is coming for a familiarisation training on a Charlie) and it will heavily depend on atmosphere during the missions, with chit-chat from other flights, developing relationship with your IP as the campaign progresses etc.

C) This campaign is intended as a part of trilogy, using the same setting and parts of characters that will appear here, then in M-2000C Red Flag set in Mevada, and finaly in A-10C campaign in Strait of Hormuz when the map is available. There will be some parallels drawn with the stock M-2000C campaign (you will meet some of the pilots featured there).

And just to give you an example of the magnitude - we are finalising work on script for M1 and I assess that it will probably have at least 200-300 lines of VOs (probably more) and will last around 1.5-2h, with the startup and quick familiarisation flight. And it will just touch upon some of the stuff which we will go deeper into in next missions.

Hope this gives you a more clear idea!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png