Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

That's how I interpreted the silence on the project. So from the discord it looks like it's still under development. Would be happy to fly the first part of the campaign this year. :pilotfly:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 7 months later...

Why not putting it out there mission by mission? Would hapily pay for smaller parts

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I thought I'd revive this thread a bit and post some statistics I just published on my FB page regarding the campaign, that you might find interesting:
Number of missions: 12 
(actually, 10 sorties split into 12 missions for storyline and length reasons)

Number of lines recorded: 3770
(this is a rough estimate, I might have missed some)

Total length of voiceovers: 8 hours 42 minutes
(so almost 9 hours of talking non-stop!)

Total number of bugs fixed during beta-testing so far: 517 
(there surely were many more, these were just the reports from the invaluable team with Yurgon, Ed and Toxygen)

Number of coffees consumed while working: 1425

Also, a link to first short teaser: 

Stay tuned for more info, we're almost there!

• Like 14
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

@Mr_BurnsA-10C II. We'll look into adding A-10C to the campaign as well, but since there are quite a few differences between them it would be very difficult to make it fully functional for both short of making two slightly different versions of the missions, which would be too much work for very little return.

And since the campaign is now out - the trailer: 

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Question: I'm trying to use Vaicom/VoiceAttack with this Campaign, however for some reason my TX buttons (Vaicom PTT tab) are being greyed out and all I can use is the TX5 INT button.

Is this a bug or intentional? Would be so much easier to voice command all 3 radios, particularly in VR.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 hours ago, Sr. said:

Question: I'm trying to use Vaicom/VoiceAttack with this Campaign, however for some reason my TX buttons (Vaicom PTT tab) are being greyed out and all I can use is the TX5 INT button.

This never came up in testing, but I'm also not sure if any of the testers uses Vaicom; I don't. It's certainly not intentional to block it, though.

Could this be related to the latest Voice Chat update? Some people said that their usual Push-to-Talk keys no longer work with SRS, unless they use a specific SRS-related override option ("Always allow SRS hotkey" or so).

37 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

This never came up in testing, but I'm also not sure if any of the testers uses Vaicom; I don't. It's certainly not intentional to block it, though.

Could this be related to the latest Voice Chat update? Some people said that their usual Push-to-Talk keys no longer work with SRS, unless they use a specific SRS-related override option ("Always allow SRS hotkey" or so).

Not sure, as I don't even use SRS.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...

The SRS thing happened to me too. Also using VA and VP

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I used VAICOM during all of the beta testing and never saw this issue presented and was able to use all Voice commands needed as required, primarily a command to press space rather than fumble for my keyboard in VR!

I do not, and have not used SRS with it, or tried to integrate ED's own Voice Comms with it.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/30/2021 at 7:34 AM, Sr. said:

Is this a bug or intentional? Would be so much easier to voice command all 3 radios, particularly in VR.

Are you using Easy Comms? That's the only thing I can think of if the missions prohibit it, but I don't think they do. From the way you've described the PTT tab, I don't think you are...

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Highwayman-Ed said:

Are you using Easy Comms? That's the only thing I can think of if the missions prohibit it, but I don't think they do. From the way you've described the PTT tab, I don't think you are...

It did straighten itself out... not even sure how. Could have been to order I was starting, resorted to starting the apps after launching WMR.

• Thanks 1

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 months later...

Hey Dragon,

I have been flying the Iron Flag mission 3.  It appears to have many problems with it.  BIFF will not take off until I am headed to WP3.  On the second try, BIFF did the same thing, but caught up and continued the mission.  However, as I was inputting WP's, the volume of BIFF and my pilot began to get more and more quiet until I could hear no dialogue (only read it).  I built a new flight plan by reading what was being said.  When I got to Tonopah, the instructions then stopped.  I flew the remaining WP's and tried to contact Nellis Approach thru the stock ATC but no luck.  I landed, parked, and shutdown.  But the mission was a DRAW and not SUCCESS.

Are there any solutions or workarounds for this?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

3 hours ago, ouseler said:

BIFF will not take off until I am headed to WP3.

That's a known problem with the AI these days, unfortunately. I think the most common advice is to orbit after takeoff and wait for Biff to catch up.

3 hours ago, ouseler said:

However, as I was inputting WP's, the volume of BIFF and my pilot began to get more and more quiet until I could hear no dialogue (only read it).

I don't think this ever happened in testing. Unless this is a new bug with the audio system, can you double check all your radio volumes? It almost sounds like your volume was getting regulated all the way down to 0. And once it's zero, you probably wouldn't even get the subtitles, because these belong to radio messages. And when the radio is effectively off and not receiving, then the subtitles will also be missing.

So that would make sense. Is there maybe a keybind to gradually reduce the volume that you accidentally press a few times over the course of a mission?

5 hours ago, ouseler said:

Hey Dragon,

I have been flying the Iron Flag mission 3.  It appears to have many problems with it.  BIFF will not take off until I am headed to WP3.  On the second try, BIFF did the same thing, but caught up and continued the mission.  However, as I was inputting WP's, the volume of BIFF and my pilot began to get more and more quiet until I could hear no dialogue (only read it).  I built a new flight plan by reading what was being said.  When I got to Tonopah, the instructions then stopped.  I flew the remaining WP's and tried to contact Nellis Approach thru the stock ATC but no luck.  I landed, parked, and shutdown.  But the mission was a DRAW and not SUCCESS.

Are there any solutions or workarounds for this?

FYI, you'll probably do better posting any questions in this part of the forum:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/909-a-10c-iron-flag-part-i-campaign/