How many people here fly the Su25t?

I am asking only because as much as I like the advanced flight thingy, I just find it soo hard to control and fly, let alone try to fight in it. Don't get me wrong here, I love the idea of flight simulation being as close as the real experience, I would not be interested otherwise!

Anyway, moving on to my point, is there many of us here fly this aircraft on a regular basis?

I have just spent near enough 2 hours flying this aircraft and still have major problems taking off and (mostly crashing) landing.

Still, I would love the Su27 having this Advanced flight thingy most of all in a future release of Lock on, or whatever its going to be called in the future.

Btw, I have no interest in the F15 or A10, I prefer the Russian aircraft myself.

Mizzy.

First off, the Su-25T is not a very forgiving aircraft. The wheelbase is narrow, the thrust is not so great, etc. This means you have to keep control of the rudder when accelerating down the runway, and wait to build up some 300-350kph speed before you lift-off.

It is a somewhat sluggish aircraft, so your turns, climbs and dives must be made with precision. No yanking and banking.

You simply have to have the right mindset with this thing: Precision flying. Precision takeoff, precision landing ... do everything in the right parameters and you'll take-off and land every time without problems. It' not that hard.

The Su-27 with AFM would likely be quite a bit easier to take off in and land, simply due to the higher amount of thrust and wider wheelbase which makes it more stable on the ground.

And, I've every interest in the F-15 and A-10 ;)

The 'future' is an A-10 with AFM and Black-Shark tech cockpit, from what I've read on here (And I believe the Su-25 family will also get the 'pit upgrade right along with the A-10 ... the 25's are already AFM'ed)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Savages have 4 or 5 guys that fly the 25T on a fairly regular basis. If you need some help just pop on our TS server and ask questions. You are right though, its a fairly tough bird to maneuver in... especially at low speed on approach to Novo ;) (short field).

• Like 1

signaturefever7hb.jpg

A few hours should get you used to it pretty nicely :)

Remmeber, this isn't a forgiving plane: You must be a couple km's ahead of your plane. In a fighter, if you are suddenly attacked, you can break out at 9G's and run away. In that respect, a fighter is very forgiving.

In the Su-25T, all your flight must be deliberately planned. Before you get into anything you must already know:

What you're going to do, ie.:

Look for target

Attack Target

Transit

Evade Fighters

Evade SAMs

Once you know which one of those you want to do, next thing you have to think about is:

Best route to get there.

Best route to get there without being attacked by SAMs

What you're going to do if you are attacked by SAMs or Fighters

And so on. Basically you cannot afford to simply react in the 25T most of the time :)

The 504 has a dedicated bomber wing which flies Su-25T's all the time and they're fairly expert at using them, so I suggest looking up the 504 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

as almost everybody I bought it and it's probably very realistic, that's why I don't like it and I don't fly it, performance of this aircraft are far away from what I like to pilot.

gimme a flanker or fulcrum or any other muscle-aircrafts with that AFM... su-25T and blackshark are probably very well done but I hope they'll consider something more popular for the possible third "addon".. not another "what is this" aircraft..

Maybe it's more interesting for russian customers, ok nice stuff but gimme a hornet or a tomcat or whatever...

Robbie.

My favorite is when the drogue chute fails for no reason on a 1800m-runway. Yep, Good times there. Last night I had so many rounds in my airframe-I could hear them rolling around and rattling. I land at gelen (going ENTIRELY too fast only to maintain some control) I close my eyes -cause I know I will NOT hear the chute fill out- and I will be joining the tourists on the beach very soon. Pull the lever- and there it was...:huh: it worked! I open my eyes just in time to see pieces of wreckage on the runway about to void my tires' road hazard warranty..

I must say that you all are quite wrong about the frog's turning. It turns great!.... on the GROUND @ 70 to 100KpH. :joystick:

I fly it on occasions. No other Lockon a/c comes close to it as far as A/G is concerned... I just love to snipe out these EWRs and then... jump in an

Eagle. (No D/L for the other side :joystick: )

It`s not that bad, once you`re off the ground... I remember reading in some other thread or forum - RL "bus driver" :) compared flying a

frog to a lightly loaded 727... hehe, I don`t know about that ...

Another tip Mizzy,

The Su-25T is a great deal easier to handle when lightly loaded, so a good way of getting used to it without constantly crashing, is to load only the Vikhrs(all you need for tank-busting) + moderate internal fuel load and no heavy Kh-29s, external fuel ect. :) .....and of course with a lighter aircraft you are also less likely to blow tires/damage gear when making a less than perfect landing :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Mizzy- when turning- especially for performance (dare I say?) Observe & RESPECT the AoA indicator. You can take it just over the redline and maintain a max turn without too much problem. Take it a hair higher and the plane starts to shake n drop. Try not to bank too severely..

. . . . . the 504th are too busy flying the Su25T to take your call right now, please leave a message and they'll get back to you as soon as they can . . . . .

I fly it, it's a seriously fun challenge.

You don't half have to pay attention, though . . . .

Fly the thing empty and it's character is totally transformed :)

You rang....... :D

GG summed most of it up in his post. It's a pig but given time you do get used to it. I would suggest you do what we make our recruits do and spend some time with the Su-25k before progressing onto the Su-25T as it is more agile than its big brother.

Also as Alfa said, only load up with what you need to get the job done (weapons and fuel) and not like what some people do and hang everything but the kitchen sink on it.

I fly it all the time and I’ve never had a problem with the way it handles .. most likely because I fly airliners occasionally in FS9 and the Su25T handles a lot like a 737 or A320.

When taking off I set take off flaps and at the same time I trim the aircraft a little before I start adding the power, the same way you would for certain airliners. This will help to get your nose up and aid in a smooth rotation. I start rotating at about 270/280 and by 290/300 I’m airborne.

Tip; to ovoid the su25t becoming even more difficult to fly I always try to use my weapons in pairs.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Hi Mizzy,

somehow I only fly the Su25 or the T. Every time I get into another plane it feels like flying RC Planes... and yes, I am in the 504 :-) The feeling for being actual airborne is the best in this ariplane and flying this brick at the limits is most fun part. Always watch the AOA indexer when you are nearing extreme situations.

Hope you share the feeling for the plane,

BlackWidow

I think I only used the 25 1 time, online, and very rarely solo. Most of my LOMAC time is online. 99% of the time.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

. . . . . the 504th are too busy flying the Su25T to take your call right now, please leave a message and they'll get back to you as soon as they can . . . . .

actually I think we were! :)

Its very difficult to go back to anything else once youve got used to the T...

Shes a very demanding mistress, but if you treat her right youll get your rewards ;)

As BlackWidow and Konkussion said...always keep an eye on the AOA indexer - oh and never try to fight the 25T - if it doesnt want to turn, it wont.... fight it and youll end up hitting the deck! ;)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

I fly both Su-25T and Su-25 on regular basis :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Bahhhh!! With Su-25A/K in the right hands, she makes the T pointless. Although, I never said in my hands. :)

Plus, all the chicks dig it.:pilotfly:

+1,000,000!!

The Su-25 is MUCH easier to fly!! IMO the 25T is a bloated cow with an Atari 2600 bolted to the cockpit brow . . .

Get you an unarmed Su-25 and go do some freeflights, learn the steam gauges and the feel of the plane. Then start to learn to use the Klen-PS targetting for the weapons systems . . . you will then be like "Skhval WHO?" :D

apart from the a 10 and the now once in a while su 27, I love the su 25t. It honestly feels like a bathtub. I can fly around well and so on...I always have trouble keeping the pipper on target...so I take the easy route..guided missiles ...with my fav...the vikhr. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|