How many people here fly the Su25t?

:pilotfly:I pretty much only fly the 25's, and the A10 a bit, I just love the ground pounding role. I have just modded my X45 stick with a 14" extension and I swear it has improved the control of the 25t no end. Basic geometry, longer stick=smoother control/smaller increments. I recommend it!

I like to set up small practice missions with some AAA covered tanks and trucks in interesting terrain.

The 25 is a better handle than the 25t, sure, but I like all the bells and whistles with the Schkval systems.

Never been big on jet-fighter dogfighting, prefer the Il2 variety for that, but haven't done much since Lock on appeared. Dont get online really, bit nervous of it.

And very much looking forward to the Black Shark....:megalol:

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Since I love the Tornado (and would (almost ;) ) give my right hand to see it in LockOn) - I love the 25T ... it can be flown the same way (except for the missing supersonic speed): one needs a detailed flight-path to follow, run in low and fast, acquire targets fast, drop bombs and get the **** out of there :music_whistling:

Together with the AntiRadar-capability it is quiet a good attacker - and fugly ;)

What I still dont get is how to survive a SAM-rich environment (esp. Stinger/Igla) - besides dropping flares, there isnt much one can do (??) :disgust:

And I would really love to see the A-10 with AFM. After flying 25T for some hours the A-10 feels like on rails: rock-stable, no shaking, 9g maneuvers, tight turns with hardly any control-loss, etc.

Maybe it is really (in reality) such a difference between the two planes!?

basic

for translators ...

While I would love to fly Su25T, and I am really trying to, but from the plane handling, I really question the validy of the FM. Dive acceleration is way too optimistic when you look what speed you need to stay level. It just does not make sense when you put it all together.

If you want to have standard 30deg dive attack run, you must practically stall the plane and put airbrakes out, if you do not want to compress too soon.

Just because it is more hard to fly, it does not mean it is more real.

GG: Thanks for the recommendation...we try our best in the Frogs (our best mission is still the 6-ship attack on the Moscow on 169th server....and me gunzoing two Su-33s...in my FROG T!)

Mizzy: Lots of great advice here from some very experienced fliers (GG, Wolverine, Blackwidow, Big Tonka and Star80...although he's a freak and likes the vanilla....pah...I like a HUD!).

Anyways, I almost exclusively fly the 25T and use the 25A/K (vanilla) when I want a joyride. In a nutshell, start your AFM flying with an empty aircraft (or really light load) and just practise taking off, flying around for a while, and landing. For landing, OBEY THE ILS...it will get you down in one piece!

For combat, like other recommendations, fly a sensible payload (i usually carry 2x Vikr, 2xgunpods, 4x rbk250 and R-60s + the fantasmagoria pod...as you can easily take out Roland ADS with vikr...no need for 25MPUs etc) and just fly smoothly...thats the key, smooooothly. Any harsh movements of the stick and the "flying pig" will let you know you've mistreated her...continue to abuse her and she'll wallow, flip and crash you in the ground.

The 504 BW (Bomber Wing) have training on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 2000z...where we practise basic skills in the 25A/K, you're welcome to come along. If flying with most of the 504 BW puts you off a bit, I'd be happy to try some 1-to-1 training on either of those evenings.

Anyways, once you've got to grips with the AFM....you're unlikely to fly many of the other A/C...its almost like they're radio controlled (except for the Su-33...which Im rubbish in and always crash cos I get over-enthused!).

Hope you take me up on the offer of a flight...PM me via the forums if you're interested.

Brewber signing off (soon to be 25T Training Officer in 504).

The 504 has a dedicated bomber wing which flies Su-25T's all the time and they're fairly expert at using them, so I suggest looking up the 504 :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

If flying with most of the 504 BW puts you off a bit, ...

I wouldnt worry about that too much - just jump in and fly... we're an easy going bunch (right lads?) and we'll make you feel welcome - anyways flying with 504th BW can be the most fun you'll have with your stick in your hand!! :joystick: (oo er missus!)

Brewber signing off (soon to be 25T Training Officer in 504).

*cough* *cough* just let me know when mate :)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

Slight hijacking of the thread, for those that fly the SU25, is anyone using the trim axis?

(I apologise now if this has already been discussed). Assigning trim to an axis works a treat for the A10 and F15, but for whatever reason it doesn't appear to do a thing on the SU25 or SU25-T.

TIA

Peter

If you want to have standard 30deg dive attack run, you must practically stall the plane and put airbrakes out, if you do not want to compress too soon.

The manual stated, that the T is even heavier than the "old" Su-25. Maybe that fact also contributes to the (indeed amazing) acceleration?

Unless I already know the targets (and the ingress went as planned) I use the following procedure for CAS with clear skies: turn into target-area, speed low, flaps down (fully?), line up with target-area, speed-brakes down .. aircraft shakes ... ID individual targets, line up with specific target, retract flaps ... aircraft should become faster, but now stable - and that is the time to lock on and/or fire whatever is available ;)

After retracting flaps the aircraft accelerates and at some point will start to shake again (from the speed) .. so use the time between those shaking moments :D

Salute!

basic

for translators ...

IRL Su25K/T have trim as buttons, no axis like in some aircraft. The AFM models this, so you cannot use axis for the trim.

And I still dont understand why they did this.

I guess all the modelled planes have buttons for trim and none has trim-axis (like a trim-wheel in older planes).

So why the step back? After all, it worked in pre AFM! Why not leave it to the player to decide what to use?

It is not like a keyboard-joystick-combo comes close to the real thing. So why deny more axis to control? Just makes it harder for cockpit-builders and people with additional sticks/throttles....

If it is for realism's sake - disable Labels and External views, for everyone ;)

And yeah, please, instead of taking away - give us something to brake with (no, not the "w"-key, something more "analog", even better: separated left/right-brakes) :P

basic

for translators ...

I must say that you all are quite wrong about the frog's turning. It turns great!.... on the GROUND @ 70 to 100KpH. :joystick:

lol

Yes. It's the Suzuki Samurai of aviation.

• Like 1

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats

Since I love the Tornado (and would (almost ;) ) give my right hand to see it in LockOn) - I love the 25T ... it can be flown the same way (except for the missing supersonic speed): one needs a detailed flight-path to follow, run in low and fast, acquire targets fast, drop bombs and get the **** out of there :music_whistling:

Together with the AntiRadar-capability it is quiet a good attacker - and fugly ;)

What I still dont get is how to survive a SAM-rich environment (esp. Stinger/Igla) - besides dropping flares, there isnt much one can do (??) :disgust:

Quit flying low. ;)

And I would really love to see the A-10 with AFM. After flying 25T for some hours the A-10 feels like on rails: rock-stable, no shaking, 9g maneuvers, tight turns with hardly any control-loss, etc.

Maybe it is really (in reality) such a difference between the two planes!?

Yes, the difference is that huge in reality. A-10s can turn on a dime, and their stall characteristics are very benign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I might be a little warped, but - difficult= fun.

I agree. I like the SU-25T, and I fly it regularly.:joystick: Its the plane where i use the autopilot-modes most often. They really help to handle this bird.

--------------------------------------------

i7 12700F | 64GB | RTX 4090 | Asus Z690-P WIFI D4 | 2TB SSD

exactly..... 3800m+ AGL be your friend..... take your time and kill the bad boys.... :thumbup:

The *real* bad boys are there (@3800+)!!

And most of the time they try to put a Sidewinder up my exhaust-pipe(s). Not to mention Patriots 'n stuff :music_whistling:

Altitude is a luxary a Su-25 often can not effort ;)

PS: And once in a while I'd like to catch that Stinger/Igla-boys smoking, taking a leak or just being spaced out :P

basic

for translators ...

I only really fly the SU-25. The others in handling on take off and landing seem too arcadish for me.

As others have said. The more difficult the challenge, the better the rewards of accomplishment after you return home.

However, one thing that does annoy me when i fly the 25 is......

Fighter pilots !

25, needs slow taxiing, needs a hell of a lot of runway. So i would say that most 25's adhere to the correct taxiing porceedures and use the correct runway.

I lost 2 aircraft before taking off due to having to make emergency manouvers on taxiing or take off. I even had one guy scoot onto the runway ingress half way down. Didn't look right or left then turned into me facing the wrong way as i was on take off passing 180 klms / hour. I swerved, i crashed, he took off and had fun.

On the third attempt in a row trying to take off, i was cut up on the taxiway by another fighter jock who decided he could out accelerate me from the spawn apron to the taxiway. It was when he reached the taxiway and turned towards me that i swerved an blew a tyre.

I must admit. I cracked the sh1ts at the point. Firewalled the throttle and tried (as best i could with blown tyre) to line him up and put a host of gun into his behind. Too bad i couldn't launch a heat seeker at him. (i would have if i could have).

But alas. The 25 was too unweildy at speed with no tyres. So i ground looped and ripped off a gear.

I turned off after that.

That day. It wasn't the aircraft that gave me problems.

(Rant over).:helpsmilie:

And most of the time they try to put a Sidewinder up my exhaust-pipe(s). Not to mention Patriots 'n stuff :music_whistling:

PS: And once in a while I'd like to catch that Stinger/Igla-boys smoking, taking a leak or just being spaced out :P

So, don't go near the big SAMs, and make sure you have fighter cover ... you don't -want- to fly low, period. Flying low is something you do because you must, not because it's the way things are done ... the way things are done is to fly as high as you can and out of the range of enemy SHORAD systems.

A-10's in Kosovo routinely flew well above 20000' (6000m), up to 30000'.

If you have neither, it really doesn't matter what you do since the high altitude SAMs will push you down into the SHORAD, and the fighters will chew you up and spit you out no matter where you are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yep.. the bad boys are there.. just like the picture displays..;) Have someone clear the path for you, and the air above becomes much easier to breathe..:)

ScreenShot_116.thumb.jpg.cd8493ceef3ee6c2faa49c5f02deb090.jpg

No pun intended!

Thats a very nice skin, problem is if anyone else happens to use the same scheme reference online it will stand like a sore thumb at 30 miles ONLY for you. :P

;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thats a very nice skin, problem is if anyone else happens to use the same scheme reference online it will stand like a sore thumb at 30 miles ONLY for you. :P

;)

You will not see anyone else using that skin online unless they have the same meinit.xml file which allows you to use these. The only people to have this meinit file is 504th members.

Skinmodpic1small.jpg

When we use these skins online, because you dont have the associated meinit.xml file and the .skins files you will only see the default #1 25T skin.

Anyways, the entire VVS504th 25T fleet are in the paintshops being resprayed atm. Here's a sneek peek.

NewSquadSkin.jpg

Though Igor, our chief resprayer used the wrong paint and it started to peel off on the first flight.

;)