Yugoslavia/Balkans

Pitot

Yugoslavia/Balkans  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Yugoslavia/Balkans

• Yes
    • No
    • This is stupid waste of time.

I've reworked a map from googlemaps.it... next time I will use googlemaps.com, so no more "misspelled" country names in my native language:megalol:

• Like 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Nice, guys. Let's keep this thread alive and well - and try to make it very busy and interesting to admins/devs. In the following days I might try to gather some data about all the airfields that were operational in the ex-YU and post it here.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

I voted Yes!

Among other reasons I would add one more.

- we have very interesting terrain configuration here. Sea, many islands, mountains, rivers and flat land. Ideal for wide range of mission scenarios.

... and more important, I would really like to land Huey in my backyard ;)

• Like 1
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

• 3 weeks later...

I hope some 3rd party start work on Balkans soon, since ED stated that the next planned terrains for TBS(military version of DCS) will be Afghanistan and Ukraine/Crimea.

Sincerely, I don't know why Eagle Dynamics is snobbing the perfect environment for a "Total Battle Simulator"(not misspelled, I know that TBS is The Battle Simulator...) as has been the Balkans theater, that have seen air/sea/ground forces (KFOR) employed.

Moreover, they are making F-18, LN is working on carrier and F-14, planes that are perfectly suitable for this theater...

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

• 2 weeks later...

1st of all - I am not so much surprised that none of people who can say anything in the name of ED had said anything on this thread, even with a poll that has ATM 90.91% of positive votes - because I know that companies don't discuss new moments on the go, but at serious meetings where multiple subjects are discussed and roadmap is revised/amended/set.

Also, we don't know what exact plans do they have on releasing tools for 3rd party developers for creating theaters. If ED decides that they would prefer someone else making this theater, since they have enough workload as it is, they could/will tell us that when developer tools for creating terrain are ready. That way, any interested 3rd party developers could apply with a development plan for a licence to create this theater.

Also, take note that ED had learned that giving casual estimates on what will they release and when had caused a lot of trouble in public relations for them and that they decided (and this next are words I've read from one of moderators at this forum) that they will not make such estimates in the future. Personally, I think that way is more fair than saying "we'll release this and that - by then" given that development of this simulator is a pretty volatile environment.

P. S. If you or anyone else happen to think I am defending ED or being a fanboy, be advised that I have permanent warn for a reason here. I am just being reasonable.

But, in the end, it would be very nice to have, let's say, Wags reply to this thread with "we will discuss this subject at undefined point in time, as a sign of paying attention to the voice of the community". No more than that, but at least that much. I clearly understand that it is not a moment to make bold statements (I mean - not for ED) regarding this subject, but seeing that they pay attention to one of most positively voted polls on forums would be a very nice gesture.

Edited by Pitot

It is a nice area and would be good to see in the new modern graphics engine.... but for sure it is a start from scratch project as the old 1.5 map is no where near the new 2.0 standard.

But as I said, It is a superb region and our choppers would love it.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes, plenty of diverse helicopter operations are possible and fit good into the original and derived scenarios. On top of that, a guy above was quite right when mentioning F18, F14 etc.

• 5 months later...

I voted Yes but "the other sim" have a fresh Balkans theater updated for 4.33 U3 and extremely good and realistic airbases as a WIP mod made by nove. Somehow I feel that it is hard to meet that standard? But if we should have Balkans, then we really need an DCS F-16 too.

I personally would have first a Vietnamwar theater with carrier ops and a Phantom, Intruder, Skyraider etc. Then Balkans. Well a man had to have his dreams. Happy new year :)

• 3 months later...

This poll is near end of life, a revival is needed now that in another thread are speaking about what theater should follow Strict of Hormuz map...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, aside all the real reasons (need F/16 etc) for this theater to be put aside in development, I believe this is one of the most positively voted polls in the history of these forums. Ignoring that fact would, in my humble opinion, be a big waste.

I voted YES for sure why not lets do it now why the delay LoL

:doh:

A huh, Stuff it, just make a Global World Map and all this chatter about one area in the world is dealt with, in a fine artistic swoop I might add! :smilewink::megalol:

Further to add for air craft I posted here......... https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3125391&postcount=7

All done we will never have to post again in Forum, mods can go on holidays......... hahaha

Now I'm going to have a beer and relax......... :beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Well, aside all the real reasons (need F/16 etc) for this theater to be put aside in development, I believe this is one of the most positively voted polls in the history of these forums. Ignoring that fact would, in my humble opinion, be a big waste.

IMO, there's no point in asking "would you want this theatre". What you should do is create a poll which pits different theatres against each other. Would I want a balkan theatre? Yes, of course, but I'd rather have a Korea, Vietnam, or Kuwait/Iraq theatre.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

IMO, there's no point in asking "would you want this theatre". What you should do is create a poll which pits different theatres against each other. Would I want a balkan theatre? Yes, of course, but I'd rather have a Korea, Vietnam, or Kuwait/Iraq theatre.

It wouldn't make a difference "This vs That" either as they are all needed :smilewink:

People in past have wanted the entire Europe region, Balkans, Vietnam, Middle East, Guam..... etc

Like this thread for example:- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99134

I also would want an Australian region to train in and join in joint force operations with neighboring countries and NATO like for example:-

Once they release the DCS-F/A-18C, hence why its sometimes better to actually type better to work on a "Global MAP" like other flight sims.

We all want so much and also fly and train from our own countries in Red vs Blue Forces operational missions. :thumbup:

It would be far better to introduce an entire world (DCS WORLD) of aviation and embrace the wider flight sim aviation community to be in one place.

Although first ED-DCS is a "Air Combat Simulation" where the missing feature is in the whole air war through the mission phase, that is missing and by implementing a "List of Dynamic Campaign Theaters" to chose from will allow you to realistically participate in real world operations until the war is won or lost depending on results as a pilot in combat.

Implementing this would make the DCS simulation more entertaining like a strategic game of war or chess for that matter.

Anyway this has been discussed to death on the Forums just use the:- https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php

or here to make it easier........... https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=15119703

Its not going to happen now maybe in future they will see the need to do it.

But all I wanted to say is, that pitting one verses another would just make the thread messy anyway, put it to the test and prove me wrong if you like.

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg