Mig-31 can't takeoff

Need a track file. I was unable to reproduce the bug with the limited information you provided.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Reproduce bug is simple.

In misssion editor give Mig-31 in whichever airfield in state: Start from airfield. Load mission and look what happened ...

Or load first quick mission - takeoff from Mig-21 module. There I found this problem with Mig-31. But its not wrong this mission but AI Mig-31.

This problem I tested on full version 1.5.3. (not beta)

It isn't as simple as you think :)

Open game, launch mission you stated, and the Mig-31s are unable to take off. Create new mission and try there with same result. Exit game.

Start game fresh and go to the mission editor, place Mig-31s in the same situation and load the mission. They will take-off without issue. Load the mission you stated and they take-off just fine.

Suffice to say its a strange bug.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It isn't as simple as you think :)

Open game, launch mission you stated, and the Mig-31s are unable to take off. Create new mission and try there with same result. Exit game.

Start game fresh and go to the mission editor, place Mig-31s in the same situation and load the mission. They will take-off without issue. Load the mission you stated and they take-off just fine.

Suffice to say its a strange bug.

I am going to shoot from the hip on this one, sounds similar to an issue I saw with F-16s in a few missions I was repairing, may give you a place to look.

The F-16 tried to take off from the wrong way on the runway without getting airborne and crashed, other similar missions didn't have the problem.

Through trial and error, I suspected the weather settings were to blame:

• I backed up the weather pattern in the faulty mission, reset it to the default or another saved weather condition.
  • Then I either reloaded the backed up original weather system and directions or re-set it up manually so that it was exactly the same as it was originally and the F-16's took off from the correct end of runway successfully.

Regards, Ian.

Dam I just read your message a little closer and run the original failed mission I was referring to above, and they do indeed take off correctly now.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Found F-16's now working in original mission I referred to.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 2 months later...

Same bug but with Su-27 in 1.5.4.55169. AI wingman won't pick up speed even with full AB's and eventually goes surfing like the MiG-31's above.

Seems like this has been an issue off and on for a while:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149459

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152011

Same problem with F-15:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158200

AI Su27 speed issue.trk

Edited by El Hadji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

• 3 months later...