Aluminium Joystick/HOTAS table mounts - Monster Tech

meisterolsen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Olsen,

Has this been provided for you? http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gunfighter-pro-basic-measurements

Forgive me if I'm a little too excited about having a mounting plate to match my Gunfighter! :)

MonsterTech have received Gunfighter measurements, and they have a Gunfighter Pro coming their way as soon as VKB HQ is starting to ship them.

PS: VKB HQ is hopeful that shipping might start by the end of this week - but only once I get the official confirmation can I send out a news blast confirming it. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 5 weeks later...

The Gunfighter is finally in the house. German custom service... no comment. The gimbal looks and feels great, very high quality.

I also already modded the Warthog grip with the adapter, quite easy actually but you have to take the handle apart.

Now I am going to measure the full range of motion with the standard Knüppelgriff, the Warthog grip and both with extensions. Then it's time to make the optimal mounting plate.

tavern_upload_large.jpg

tavern_upload_large.jpg

tavern_upload_large.jpg

• Like 1

I ordered a VKB Gunfighter Pro earlier this week from the European webshop. The Monster Tech mount seems to be a nice way to mount it. I have a question about it though. My desk has a round metal bar running all across the front of the desktop. I own a Thrustmaster T500RS, and when I mount it to the desk I luck out as the clamp falls exactly on the bar. This doesn't give a very secure fit.

Now my question is:

What is the distance between the back of the mount and the clamp that squeezes down on the desk ? In other words: Will the Monster Tech mount fit my desk properly and miss the bar ? Clamping either in front or behind the bar?

-----------------------------------------
|                                       |
|         bar under desktop             |
|=======================================| 2cm
|                                       | 8cm
-----------------------------------------
front of desk

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Exactly the picture I was looking for. Ordered one for the VKB Gunfighter Pro and one for my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle. Wishlist: Mounting plate for the Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

• 2 weeks later...

Received shipping confirmation for my table mount with VKB Gunfighter mounting plate last night. Soon my wait will be over :)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Received shipping confirmation for my table mount with VKB Gunfighter mounting plate last night. Soon my wait will be over :)

Please post some pics with the Gunfighter mounted... curious! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Mine just landed. Time to unpack and assemble!

EDIT:

%SYSTEM-E-DEVICE, problem between grip and mount

Monster%20Tech%20Gunfighter%20mount.jpg

Edited by DEChengst

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Hope you guys will like the mounts. Post some review or photos. :)

Hi meisterolsen,

I sure will post some pictures. I saw most of your videos and my wife and I shared some laughs watching it. You guys are funny.

Let me ask you something. My desk is made of a 1,5cm wood plank and its border is reinforced by another 1,5 "lip" that is 8cm deep. I would like to know what's the distance from the Mount to the clamp pressure point?

I estimated in 4 or 5 cm, so the my desk reincorcement lip is deep enough.

The second question: the desk wood quality is good enough (real wood), but I was thinking about putting a 1,5mm thick by 8cm deep aluminun plate under that reinforcement just to help to distribute the pressure wherever I install the Mount on the desk. Do you think it is necessary or is that an overkill?

Dank schön!

Sydy

I asked the same question as my desk has a bar under it at about 8cm from the front.

Mount fits fine on my desk and there's about two fingers between the pressure pad of the clamp and the front of the bar. I got this reply from meisterolsen:

Here is a picture of the clamping machanism.

table_mount.jpg

Edited by DEChengst

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I asked the same question as my desk has a bar under it at about 8cm from the front.

Mount fits fine one my desk and there's about two fingers between the pressure pad of the clamp and the front of the bar. I got this reply from meisterolsen:

Outstanding!!! Thank you very much for the quick answer. My desk has the same bar. I think the aluminun plate is an overkill. I'm gonna wait for the mount to arrive and try it out first.

All the best and, once again, thank you!

Sydy