meisterolsen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you have plans for the upcoming VKB Gunfighter 2 stick and their forthcoming throttle?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi meisterolsen,

I really like the look of your products but I have some suggestions.

The problem with the joy stick mounts is they are too short and the stick ends up being too high for realistic control for a stick mounted between the pilots legs.

If you have flown a real fighter (I have done so), the stick is mounted just above thigh height (see images below). This gives a far more natural throw of the stick and importantly, when flying formation, you rest your forearm on your thigh which gives far more precise control.

So, seated in your chair, the top two thirds (maybe a bit more) of the stick grip, would be above the top of your thigh.

So, in my opinion, the adjustable height (from top of desk to base plate mount) would have to be at least 350 mm for the standard Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and for the forthcoming VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro with the extension, it would have to be at least 550 mm to allow for different seat heights and thigh heights.

Do you make custom lengths for the mounts?

See the images below.

1280px-US_Navy_110623-N-GO535-024_Lt._Cmdr._Matthew_Muggs_Maloney_secures_his_safety_harness_in_.thumb.jpg.a4aafb89892be52fc55f53a77f987ee4.jpg

pilot-controls.jpg.b455a981c5a6b862664c9970fa7f9c6b.jpg

CF-18-Hornet-Pilot-Captain-Patrick-Paco-Gobeil.thumb.jpg.43006f5162d61f73e8493b2603c63e9d.jpg

Capture.thumb.PNG.83d6324613ed83f69c1f73cf68090f8b.PNG

Edited by speedbird5

I got a set last for the X-56 and its great joy stick adjust so its level with my office chair seat for between legs then just move it over when not being used

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 3 weeks later...

Of course we will support the next Gunfighter and the new trottle. The throttle looks insane. :)

We do have a short and a long version of the table mounts:

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount-long/

monstertech_table_mount_long_vkb_gunfighter_black-1.jpg

monstertech_table_mount_long_vkb_gunfighter.jpg

Edited by meisterolsen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: We have been working on a lot of upgrades for the Table Mounts for the last few months. Here a few pictures for the just released Mouse Extension.

Developing this was actually quite the challenge. We went through many ideas on how to make it.

Luckily we found the solution with a new composite material we are now using in general instead of wood. Black all the way through, almost as hard as aluminium and we can put it in an CNC mill. The material is actually quite expensive but worth it.

Hope you guys like it.

Available here:

EU/World: https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/mouse-extension-for-table-mount/

USA: https://monstertechusa.com/product/mouse-extension-for-table-mount/

monstertech_tbm_mouse_extension_2.jpg

monstertech_tbm_mouse_extension_4.jpg

monstertech_tbm_mouse_extension_white.jpg

monstertech_tbm_mouse_extension_white_3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i have 2 questions:

I buy a hotas table mounts for my gunfighter mk2, how long is the long version for table mount, (the standard version is 22cm).?

And the other is, when i select the mounting plate appeard 2 versions gunfighter mk1/mk2 and gunfighter mk1/mk2 inverted, what does it refer to inverted version?

thanks.

Hi guys i have 2 questions:

I buy a hotas table mounts for my gunfighter mk2, how long is the long version for table mount, (the standard version is 22cm).?

And the other is, when i select the mounting plate appeard 2 versions gunfighter mk1/mk2 and gunfighter mk1/mk2 inverted, what does it refer to inverted version?

thanks.

1: If you got the Gunfighter Pro ( which has the extension) and are going to use the extension, you will need the extended Monster Tech Mount. If no plans on using the extension, the standard mount would be fine.

2: Not real sure on that one, can't image the mount being logistically any different between Mk 1 and Mk 2. AFAIK the only difference is in the plug adapters , the pins on the Mk 1 are in the base, whereas the pins on the Mk 2 are in the grip. No idea on the "inverted" part.

I have the extended Gunfighter Pro ( Mk 1 ) and Monster Tech extended mount, fantastic combination and love it. I don't recall having those options when I ordered the Monster Tech Mount, I just ordered the extended mount and Gunfighter Plate.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys,

sorry for the slow answers here. We have been incredibly busy over the last few months. We were swamped with orders starting the end of last year and just got back to a normal output again. So no more delays!

Here is an update video if you are interested.

Edited by meisterolsen

• 1 month later...

I received my monstertech desk mount for use with VPC War Brd + Hotas Warthog stick.

I can't get it work properly. After a single use the mechanism get's loose (when for example I have to move it out of my desk working area) and I have to readjust everything from the beginning.

Besides that, my main problem is that I can't get it to stay properly as shown in the various youtube videos on the desk, mine hangs little bit back, as you can see in the attached picture, which makes the use of the stick uncomfortable. Also, i can lift the mount up, and if I release it falls back. The movement is of course very small but noticeable, it happened also that during a dogfight the mount slipped further down.

I have already watched this video

Is this due to my curved desk or am I missing something (sorry i'm horrible even at simple engineering / hardware tasks)?

Any help is appreciated

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.ddf9d95b69d377837800ec8ef39b529d.jpg

Edited by jaguara5