meisterolsen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Monster Tech mounts

Gents:

I like them. Because of my lower back I am unable to sit straight up. I therefore can not use them. I am going to sell my monster tech set for the Hotas Cougar. I am rebuilding my side arm mounts for my office chair..I started but the hurricane had different plans.... the side arm mounts allows me to lean back .. the arms, back of the chair and the seat tilt back together.......

I have been to busy correcting the corrosion of my bolt mounts on my storm shutters........ this project and grinding the uneven concrete brick exterior window sill will take another week .... weather permitting. Once all is corrected putting down my hurricane shutters should take no more than 3 hours for entire house....another 2 hours for the hurricane fabric on the garage door and sliding doors in patio:<) beats 2 damned days...:<!

Roland

CyStryker,

Good to read you're ok. The Mrs. and I just missed Matthew when traveling in Florida.

Not sure how your side mounts are, though perhaps an easier way -keeping the solid monstertch mounts- is to attach small horizontal plates on your arm rests. This way you can still mount/unmount the monstertechs easy and enjoy them without losing any money.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking forward to receiving my Monster-tech order for my warthog, using my wheel stand pro for throttle. I don't want to build a cockpit but I do want to have the stick comfortably centred and not on the the table, should be a perfect solution.

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I got my order today and I must say the construction is amazing! To those that do not have them already, buy a set of the hex head tools when you place your order. Here I finally got the time to sit down and put together this wonderful setup, and I will have to wait until I can go out and get a 5mm and 6mm hex head key set.

Or at the cost of $100 each for the mounts maybe the required tools for assembly could have been included in the kit. This is pretty much the standard.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Thanks guys.

We of course thought about including hex keys in the package. But a lot of people already own a hex key set and for these people we would effectively ship unneeded stuff around the world. Pretty wasteful. Also because we don't sell cheap shit like IKEA or other big companies we would include high quality hex keys that can be used more than once.

Thats the reason we have high quality single hex keys and a full set on our website if you need to get them.

I think thats the better solution.

Also a little production update: We just got new VKB Gladiator/Pro mounting plates in from the watercutting. They still need so be anodized but they will be available soon.

gladiator_1.jpg

gladiator_2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Monster TEch

Slick:

Good idea. I had all ready made side mounts for the TM HOTAS... but can not seem to find the time to construct the side panels (attach to the arms of chair) to which the side mounts would attach by bolts.

I work out 5 or 6 days a week........... got to as I am feeling my age (67) put on 10 pounds of muscle and put back the 11 I had lost...... oh well. A lot of pain ......... by end of the day cuts my useful time down :<)

The monster tech mounts are incredibly well made. I think I will list on ebay this week.

Roland

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short little update.

New T16000 FCS stick and throttle are in production right now, they will be ready in about 2-3 weeks.

Also I just got some really cool Slaw RX Viper pedals in to improve my flying game. With an additional steering dampener that I installed. Man these things are great.

slaw_viper_rx_flight_pedals_1.jpg

slaw_viper_rx_flight_pedals_2.jpg

slaw_viper_rx_flight_pedals_3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Aluminium Joystick/HOTAS table mounts - Monster Tech

I would like to chime in her and say in a very clear and concise way that I have the Monster-Tech mount for the Warthog stick and I can't recommend it enough.

To have the stick in the middle without the base plate at whatever height you want makes flying so much more fun, essentially lower and more comfortable.

It got delivered in less then a week and has made flying way more fun and feel way more natural.

I can't recommend it enough to be honest, when you get it setup and installed you will never fly without it.

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Never seen anyone who shelled out the money for these things anything but pleased with how well they work! Thanks for the update, meisterolsen. For anyone else curious, VKB has confirmed that they have supplied MonsterTech with necessary information to build a new baseplate for the Gunfighter. Hopefully it will be available early enough that it will ship at the same time as the stick! :)

Yeah we had some delays in the last few weeks. We got in a lot of orders over the holidays and our suppliers for the watercutting and anodizing were very slow.

We are back to full shipping mode now.

@PaulClift Your mounts are ready and will ship tomorrow, you will receive a DHL tracking mail soon. A refund is of course possible if you prefer. Contact us at info@monstertech.de

We do have the mounting holes for the baseplate of the gunfighter but we have to get a Gunfighter at hand so we can measure the full deflection of the stick.

Only when we have that we can make the best mounting plate.

Thankfully VKB will try to provide us with an early model.

I really really like this, and I really want to get this but I have a concern before purchasing. I have a 12cm extension and at a comfortable position for me its 38.1cm from the top of my desk to the base of the warthog. The center of the warthog needs to be ~20.32cm away from the desk so that the stick does not hit it when pushing forward. Given this, do you make an option longer than your listed 22 cm vertical range? And what is the distance of the center point to the mount?

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

At the normal length of the mount all extensions are compatible. We do make custom lengths on request.

The distance from the center of the Warthog base to the aluminium profile is 16.5cm. You can slide the mounting plate out an extra 2cm.

Send us an email to info@monstertech.de if you have more questions.