Gazelle Skin Thread

Mt5_Roie

I can check exactly what i did in the lua file after work, but until then, try the following:

An example

{"Mat: SA342_Camou_ADT_11", 0, "SA342_Camou_RAF_11.dds", false},

=

{"material name in the 3d file",0,"texture file name", false} (false = use local file)

To find the material name in the 3d file, open the sa342l.edm(?) with some kind of decent text editor (I use Programmer's Notepad), and search for the file name of the texture from the ZIP that you have changed. Most likely, you'll find the file name with a "Mat: " (with space after colon), "Mat:" (no space after colon) or "Tex: " prefix. Copy this text string to the first part of the lua. IIRC, the material name of the optical sight was identical to the zip texture file name, with a "Mat:" (no space) prefix.

Here's an example: I searched for "SA342_V2_Weapons_Optics" (the texture with the optical sight), and found the following in the 3d file:

attachment.php?attachmentid=143562&stc=1&d=1467732159

As you can see, the material name is listed a few characters before the texture file name. I then typed the following into my description.lua:

{"Mat:SA342_V2_Weapons_Optics", 0, "SA342_V2_Weapons_Optics.dds", false},

The flare launchers seem to be part of addons_2, so here the lua entry would be something like this:

{"Mat: SA342_ADT_Addons_2", 0, "your_file_name.dds", false},

• Like 1

@ Sleipner- Thanks Sleipner, happy landings to you too !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Yugoslavian Skin inbound:

Yugo_GAZ.thumb.jpg.fcb7d8e6ad68ab4e403867d493f84c36.jpg

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

There are no PS files for that (yet; although I hope polychop will release them later on). You'll have to get the file you want from \DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\SA342\Textures\SA342.zip and edit it the hard(-ish) way by converting the part of the image you want to edit to monochrome, play around with the curves to get a decent white background (with enough contrast for rivets and other details to show up), than add a color layer over this and use the multiply blending mode.

• Like 1

New upgrade of desert storm and cav scouts skins inbound for "M" and "L" versions.

FR and UK now 2 different packs.

Gaz_L.png

Gaz_FR_green.png

Gaz_V4_UK.png

FR Pack:http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1948642/

UK Pack: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1993709/

US Pack:http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1948651/

Edited by Sleipner

There are no PS files for that (yet; although I hope polychop will release them later on). You'll have to get the file you want from \DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\SA342\Textures\SA342.zip and edit it the hard(-ish) way by converting the part of the image you want to edit to monochrome, play around with the curves to get a decent white background (with enough contrast for rivets and other details to show up), than add a color layer over this and use the multiply blending mode.

Dr Phibes, have you released the RAF Training scheme for the L model yet, and if so where?

Edit: Disregard I've found it in 1.54 Beta. Thanks for a great skin. Well deserved Rep added :)

Edited by Loz

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there "specular" textures that can be manipulated? I would like to make the Gazelle represent a modern US Army helo drab with absolutely no shine at all.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

A US Marine Corps fantasy skin for HMLA-167, for those of us who need our Cobra fix any way we can get it. :D

sa342l_hmla167_zpsf7qwtk7e.jpg

Home Fries, are you going to release this skin? Looks really good in that scheme.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Are there "specular" textures that can be manipulated? I would like to make the Gazelle represent a modern US Army helo drab with absolutely no shine at all.

If the model has specular to it, you can indeed make your own, in the case of the Gazelle yes there is, you can simply start from your layered PSD file to create your own to get matt effect on some part and less matt on others, like decals etc..

1- In the description lua file, copy the string of the normal texture you want to modify the Specular, for exemple the tail part of the livery « Germany Fictional » would be the « {"Mat: SA342_Camou_ADT_2", 0, "SA342_Camou_GER_2.dds", false}, » Then paste it under the Texture string, but in the string, replace the « 0 » in the middle of the two name strings in between brackets, for a « 2 », « 0 » being the Textures layer if i can say so, and the « 2 » is the Specular layer.

2- Then replace the file name at the end for your Specular file name, usualy the same as the Texture one, but adding at the end something like « _Spec » just to make it easy to see what is normal and Specular chanel.

So the Normal String would look like:

{"Mat: SA342_Camou_ADT_1", 0, "SA342_Camou_GER_1.dds", false},

And the specular string below it would look like:

{"Mat: SA342_Camou_ADT_2", 2, "SA342_Camou_GER_2_SPEC.dds", false},

If you want to make a quick test to see if it works and load, simply make your Specular test with 100% White on the RED channel, 100% Black on the Green Channel and 100% White on the blue Channel.

If you don't know much about speculars, unless it changed since i've done some, channel are use as:

R: Reflection depth: (Black) = None, (White) = Yes

G: Specular: (Black) = Really bright, (White) = Not Bright at all

B: Matt/Gloss: (White) = Matt, (White) = Gloss

Usualy, the GREEN channel would be inverted from RED Channel.

Hope it helps.