VFA-2 Bounty Hunters Hornet Ops

looking great, is it somehow possible to get through the integrity check on MP servers with this mod installed ?

had to remove it for that reason... tooo bad I love the flyable F18 and the carrier

Yeah as Storm mentioned we aren't really on public servers that would catch the mod. You may be able to go ahead and repackage the mod into a JGMSE format that way you can turn the mod on and off. Not sure if that will work.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Really like the new night shots.

Were you guys flying with the Oculus Rift at night using the night vision? How was it? Also, I noticed a HMD (HUD symbols where you look), is that part of night vision and how does that work with the Rift?

Do you fly CASE III CV1 approaches for your night traps?

Thanks for the info.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Really like the new night shots.

Were you guys flying with the Oculus Rift at night using the night vision? How was it? Also, I noticed a HMD (HUD symbols where you look), is that part of night vision and how does that work with the Rift?

Do you fly CASE III CV1 approaches for your night traps?

Thanks for the info.

Storm is on a monitor. Hollywood uses a Rift, haven't asked him yet how it was at night with the NVG's. I think the A model 18 Mod might have an HMD....

We have not practiced much CASE II, CASE III yet. Tend to do mostly clear weather/daytime flying in the mod.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

The HMD is simply the mini-HUD option in the game. I wanted to try it once, but didn't like it.

For that recovery, Hollywood and I both did a CASE III visual approach (straight-in) due to night ops. He boltered and had to go around.

In the end, we try and follow as close to real procedures as possible, within limits of the current sim and modules. But we're not real fighter pilots, so some concessions are made.

-Storm

Not our usual Hornet Ops pics:) Pretty much all of the Bounty Hunters have purchased the new F-5E Mod. Should make for some fun flights and some great dissimilar air combat with the Hornet! Here are some pics of Hollywood and I flying today.

2668340.jpg

2668419.jpg

2668420.jpgThe Hook will deploy in the F-5. Lol Hollywood and I both tried flying some carrier passes and it won't grab the modded carrier. Although the ILS was getting a signal.

2668339.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Nice shots! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice shots! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Are you guys getting NVG's in your modded Frankenhornets? I have been searching all over for a way to get NVG's for the F-15- but no dice. Is it possible? (Great pics also- all of them)

NVGs work in the A Model Mod.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

• 1 month later...

Been a while since we posted any photos lol...but we've still been flying just busy with other summer stuff. Flew a great mission tonight created by Gladman. Operation Maple Bacon(He's Canadian). Had two two ships, Trigger flight that was flown by Me and Sage flying CAP, and Rebel Flight which had Gladman and Gunny. Took off from the boat and refueled in route to the target. Cap flight had to clear out the airspace of hostile air and some SU-25s coming in on the Canadian ground forces. Rebel took out the enemy tanks. Some air to air refueling on the way home along with plenty of funny moments after the misson. :D

2694822.jpg

2694824.jpg

2694827.jpg

2694830.jpg

2694833.jpg

2694836.jpg

2694838.jpg

2694839.jpg

2694853.jpg

2694855.jpg

2694856.jpg

2694877.jpg

2694883.jpg

2694859.jpg

2694864.jpg

2694870.jpg

Edited by Greekbull

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

• 7 months later...

OK the Bounty Hunters are back! After a good half year or so of being relatively dormant...with moves, business openings, life etc. VFA-2 has come back to life and will be resuming flights multiple nights per week. Tonight Storm and I went up and did a bunch of traps, formation flying and went up to the tanker for some gas. Should have 4-5 of us on tomorrow doing the same:D Hope to keep this updated with pics from our flights as we do! As always for more images please see our website linked in my sig;)

2829522.jpg

2829520.jpg

2829519.jpg

2829548.jpg

2829527.jpg

Edited by Greekbull

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Another great night of flying tonight with more Carrier Quals, Formation Flying, Refueling, and some Air to Ground work..

2829958.jpg

2829942.jpg

2829934.jpg

2829961.jpg

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

• 5 months later...
Hey Guys

were looking for your site, not sure if your still active but wanted to let ya know that we are no the vVMA-231 squadron...New members and going to be very active in the DCS community...Hope to hear from ya soon

Hey Taylor!

Yep we're still kickin'. :) Had a bit of a rough summer with family, work, etc.

We've spun back up pretty well though. We went through a re-org so we weren't just focused on the F18 anymore.

We have a very active Discord now, drop by: https://discord.gg/PSSc94s

We're using VMA-223 as our Harrier squadron. We're still filling in some of the big blanks as far as SOPs and the like but we're getting there.

New address for the website is in my sig. Joint ops in the future! :)

Take care,

Sage

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Yeah Taylor we're all going strong and bigger than ever actually. Our new site is http://www.CSG-1.com hope we can share some virtual air with you guys!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Sounds great!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet