A-1H Skyraider

This model will do fine with an all glossy navy blue color scheme to fit it into a Korean War scenario!! :thumbup: You asked for PM's from folks that are willing and able to help. I have no artistic or coding skills but I am ready to throw as much money at you as I have for the A-10 or the M-2000C or the P-51 or the Bf-109 or the FW-190 or the F-86 or the Mig-15 or the......... This AD would be worth as much as any one of them as far as I am concerned!! Good luck with this project, it means a lot to me. My Dad was the exec of VF-194 when they briefly gave up their F8F Bearcats to evaluate the AD-1 back around 1948 I think. I'll have a look at his logbook.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice!

The Skyraider is one of my favorites aircrafts.

Good luck!

;-)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

August '47 through Aug '48 in the AD-1 then back to the F8F Bearcat. It was "Attack Squadron 20A" and became VF-193 of Air Group 19. This was back when the navy was trying to decide between the AM-1 Martin Mauler and the AD. Douglas won the contract.

Edited by AG-51_Razor
Clarification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks mastiff for showing me this thread.

To the devs...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to it.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

You need to model the toilet payload too. :D

NgITc0Y.jpg

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Archimaede, judging from the in-game screen shots, it looks like you have a buddy pack installed on the centerline pylon. Is that the case, and if so, the next obvious question would be, are you planning on having the AD pass fuel to jets?

Also, will this plane be fully capable of carrier operations?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archimaede, judging from the in-game screen shots, it looks like you have a buddy pack installed on the centerline pylon. Is that the case, and if so, the next obvious question would be, are you planning on having the AD pass fuel to jets?

Also, will this plane be fully capable of carrier operations?

Good eye, it's indeed a refuelling pod.

If possible, I'd like buddy buddy refuelling to be a thing, but I've got no idea if it will be possible within DCS. The F/A-18C developpement could bring new things that weren't possible in DCS before, so fingers crossed.

And yes, it will be carrier capable.

Nice, love the Skyraider! Always wanted to have it in a modern sim since the day it flew past my head at an airshow. The engine is by far the loudest I've heared yet, it nearly completely drowned the P-40 and P-51 it flew in formafion with.

Would love to create some engine sounds for this, but only as a mod.

Anyway, keept it up pls., looks very promising!

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's loud!!

Nice, love the Skyraider! Always wanted to have it in a modern sim since the day it flew past my head at an airshow. The engine is by far the loudest I've heared yet, it nearly completely drowned the P-40 and P-51 it flew in formafion with.

Would love to create some engine sounds for this, but only as a mod.

Anyway, keept it up pls., looks very promising!

While going through "A" school at NAS Millington (Memphis, Tenn.) in 1960, I got to sit in the cockpit of an AD and actually start that rascal up. Instructor stood on the wing next to the cockpit and talked me through the procedure.:joystick: We were training ground crew (plane captains) to be able to taxi these birds while trying not to get fixated on the prop and actually taxi the plane into themselves. Can you say "Sliced Salami?" I thought you could.:helpsmilie: Anyway, the power and sound of that engine truly has to be experienced to get the full appreciation of its awesomeness.:pilotfly: Really looking forward to once again sitting in the cockpit of that plane. Good luck with the development.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

what a great hoggit dev announcment ! people out there are just awesome.

So many different aircraft types comin' to DCS World

DCS Sandy , hell yeah !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

what a great hoggit dev announcment ! people out there are just awesome.

So many different aircraft types comin' to DCS World

DCS Sandy , hell yeah !

It's not affiliated what so ever with HoggitDev :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

So excited for this one as well! More Carrier capable planes = more fun! Love the Skyraider too!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord