A-1H Skyraider

Looks fantastic, although I agree with you on the exhaust streaks. Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of it, but this is basicly how RM205 looked when I saw it in 2011:

10704472685_d9ce3c3fb3_b.jpg

(picture is not mine)

She's definetly not a clean running brid. :)

Christ, that's after it clipped Big Beautiful Doll (which crashed after the mid-air :cry:). Look at the damage to the right wing!

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Christ, that's after it clipped Big Beautiful Doll (which crashed after the mid-air :cry:). Look at the damage to the right wing!

Yea, didn't actually notice it at first in the picture. Too bad this had to happen to her (and BBD...). She was in better shape 2 weeks before that when I watched her take to the sky safely.

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please!!

Okay, this is getting serious.:cry: If you guys keep putting out these a/c for DCSW. I won't have a life at all! :music_whistling:It seems I spend waaaay too much time at the PC already and now an AD and an A-4E.:pilotfly: I'll have to check and see if the wife still lives here with me.:( Haven't been giving her as much attention as I give DCSW and that is NOT a good thing for harmony under the roof.:smilewink: Priorities, priorities. Must keep things in priority!:D

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Very nice model! Stupid question: When I look at 5tuka picture I see a little door and window behind that USAF roundel. What is this for?

I am pretty sure this is something for maintenance.

The Skyraider pictured above is an AD4N (with an AD6 livery)

The AD4N is a 2 seater, with an avionics operator sitting in the back. (You can notice the missing dive brakes replaced by the access door)

The AD6 (aka A-1H) is a single seater :

0835865.jpg

Edited by archimaede

The Skyraider pictured above is an AD4N (with an AD6 livery)

The AD4N is a 2 seater, with an avionics operator sitting in the back. (You can notice the missing dive brakes replaced by the access door)

The AD6 (aka A-1H) is a single seater :

0835865.jpg

Ah thanks for enlighten me. Must be a very cozy desk for the avionics operator.

I can't wait to see this in DCS.Hopefully you guys can get a third party license soon.If we ever get a map of the Korean War someday.I would like to see you guys develop the AD-1 Skyraider to go with it.The H variant only served in Vietnam,so I hope we get a map of that too.

Tight.

Something like that :

AD-4N-Rear-cockpit.jpg

Was inside that rear compartment on an AD in "A" School as a structural mech. That's how we were able to inspect the condition of some of the control cables. Can't imagine squeezing two into that space, and the limited views would really make it claustrophobic.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 3 weeks later...
Was inside that rear compartment on an AD in "A" School as a structural mech. That's how we were able to inspect the condition of some of the control cables. Can't imagine squeezing two into that space, and the limited views would really make it claustrophobic.

Lol probably not any worse than the beck seat guys in the strategic bombers! That would be extremely tight!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just a quick update for you.

I had a lot of personnal matters to attend to this month, so I don't have much to show for. I've been mostly working on the animations (but I can't show them yet). However I can show you the placeholder textures in game:

bM5Fw2a.jpg

4QRfNiS.jpg

5pyrqZ3.jpg

I also got in contact with a couple of former or actual Skyraider pilots that are willing to help me. No doubt their advices will really help in the making of this aircraft for DCS.

Hopefully with personnal stuff out of the way I'll be able to dedicate more time to the Skyraider.

That's all for now, stay tuned for more later.

Edited by archimaede
  • Like 2