A-1H Skyraider

1 час назад, ST0RM сказал:

I've been looking at new 3D models online that are animated to buy and donate to someone who could bring it to life in DCS. But who to trust that will actually complete it?

Way too many that have started, but lost interest. 

Salute! I definitely can't make a model.

The animations would probably have to be redone anyway...

It's more to the what can be done with the model via the licence when brought.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

On 1/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Tirak said:

Airforce F-4s weren't carrier capable.

The only major changes to USAF F-4s that would affect carrier compatibility was the landing gear. The USAF F-4's have bigger tires, which required bumps in the wings to accommodate them compared to the F-4B/N. The tailhook remained fully functional. The automatic wing fold mechanisms were removed to reduce weight, but could still be folded manually if desired. I don't know about the ability to rig the harness to cat launch, but there was nothing that would prevent a USAF F-4 from landing safely on a CV compared to the Navy F-4, other than having different avionic fits potentially requiring a 100% manual/visual landing approach.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]