A-1H Skyraider

Looking forward to this module so much. I have been around these bad boys for a while at our museums and a guy that works with me was a pilot with the Sandys during Vietnam. I was just talking to him about them today. It is a pleasure listening to his stories. Any last year teaser screens before rolling into 2017? Looking forward to this one a lot! Going to be fun using with the UH1

Very much looking forward to this, Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing what 2017 has in store :)

• Like 1

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really hope you are able to put some of the lessons you're learning on the A-4 to good use on the Skyraider. I really can't see myself flying anything else than the SPAD and Scooter once they are available. :pilotfly:

My Dad was the XO of VF-20B (later to become VF-194) in Air Group 19 when they were flying the F8F Bearcat and gave them up temporarily to be the West coast evaluation squadron for the AD-1. Next to the Bearcat, he said that the AD was the nicest flying prop plane he ever got to fly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

wow coming along great.

It be fantasitic if ED did grant you a 3rd party license of the Skyraider. Would buy a AD module ( especially A1H) in a heartbeat.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It can be done the same way it can be done for the A-4, ie as an AI, but not as a player aircraft.

Hopefully you'll find something to make it work on player planes as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• 4 months later...

Not that I would even presume to speak for Archimaede, I have asked this very question myself on more than one occasion and have been told that he is presently working with the Community A-4 project and that this is on the back burner until then. That is all the more reason for the A-4 to be released as soon as possible so that the skyraider can get finished!! As much as I would love to fly the Scooter, my true love is the AD. This is going to be the mod to end all mods!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From the last update, they said that real life studies and work have slowed progress through the summer, but some things were accomplished. So I'd assume that the same factors are present and expect the same amount of progress. I would not expect anything on the Skyraider until after the A-4 is released.

But I too cannot speak for them, just my observations from reading.

• 5 months later...

So whats the difference between a mid 1960s A1H' and a Late 60s - early 70s A1H?

I have a A1H/J manual from 1965 so im just wondering since the A1H was a fully analog aircraft till the end of its service life, and had a basic sight with mills depression for bombing. Just how much changed in the late 60s or early 70s revision?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The difference is pretty much only in the avionics and instruments (radios, tacan, etc), as well as different payloads which weren't used in the 60s.

can you be more specfic regarding pyalods ?

Or better yet if possible do you have a online site that has such a late manual from 70s on sale?

the A1H's were after all ready retired from the US NAvy USMC and US air force after their exit from Vietnam in 1973. I can imagine theres only so much they would bother changing for an aircraft that was on its way out to the scrap yards.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro