No sound of the engine since the last update

edineygomes

same behavior as with the radar hotfix (before) the latest update (and also in 2.0) - reported by several people in the hotfix topic, also no black puffy smoke when turning off afterburner, and i think the sound for dropping fueltank might also be missing (the audible clonk).

When I fire a missile I hear the engine starter sound if that's not reported already.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Hello!

Aside from audio issues, primarily seen or heard in external view, heat blur has disappeared.

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

• 5 weeks later...

same, also no engine sounds, but afterburner sound effect still present . but loss of engine sound is only in dcs 2.0

in Dcs 1.5 when i fire missile i hear the in flight starter sound.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The real airplane does run a special function when the launch button is pressed for missiles and rockets. It probably doesn't sound exactly like starting the plane on the ground though. Missiles and rockets have a bad effect on the run of the engine. The issue is severe enough that correct procedure when firing many 50mm rockets is to turn on the air relight switch for several seconds and at idle throttle because the automatic starting process which is enough for 1 or 2 A-A missiles may not run long enough for so many rockets.

The other issues are known for the airplane in the current Open Alpha release.

• 2 weeks later...

No need to check. It's one of the old, confirmed bugs of the MiG in 2.0 version of the sim. Wait for the update, or fly it in 1.5.x for the time being.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.