Logitech 3d Pro Profiles for DCS:Flaming Cliffs and DCS:Su-25T

41oMu00v4YL._SX300_.jpg

Click here to go to the download page!

CURRENT VERSION: 2.2

AIRCRAFT SUPPORTED: Su-25T, A-10A, F-15C, MiG-29 (all versions), Su-27 (INCLUDING J-11A :D), Su-33, Su-25

READ THE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS IN FULL BEFORE YOU GET MAD AT ME AND :joystick:

INTRODUCTION

So for the longest time I've had a control map set up for the overview aircraft, which for (also) the longest time were the only aircraft I owned in DCS.

I originally struggled to find maps for the $30 twist stick most of us peasants use called the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro & predecessors. Not all of us can afford an "advanced" HOTAS setup with pedals, and so I was stuck with the least expensive "valid" option available. I found one made by a fine gentleman by the name of ZQuicksilverZ for the Su-25T. It was quite good, almost beautifully simple, and I decided to make some adjustments to it as well as translate it to the rest of the FC3 aircraft. It worked great for my needs and I thought why the hell not, I might as well share it too, which I did in late 2014.

Turns out, it's pretty popular. Downloaded over 10000 times. Holy crap, I never thought 5000 people would ever look at a youtube comment made by me, let alone download something I made, especially with my terrible reputation (I blame Canada XD). Those are pretty big numbers in DCS land, and as time has gone on I felt that while it was a decent enough profile it lacked some features and had some pointless redundancies (why is canopy close on the stick, for example?)

So I present a long overdue overhaul of the LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO profiles for DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 and DCS World: Su-25T!

NOW INCLUDING J-11A FOR DCS OPEN BETA 2.5.2!

Image of Profile (Included in ZIP)

INSTALLATION (I've tested this for each profile with no errors, if you are having red input lines, you are likely not following the instructions correctly. Don't skip any steps)

Open the ZIP File. Extract the DCS folder into your (hard drive disk)\Users\(You)\Saved Games

Don't worry about overriding anything unless you have an old version of my profiles, the only things that should be overridden are the DCS and Config folders

The included folder should be in the \DCS\Config. Inside will be

Make sure your Logitech 3d Pro is connected to the PC BEFORE you start DCS

Go to settings (Top left cog), go to controls

If you have a map of you own loaded, make sure it's saved as a separate file

Select the first plane you wish to load. Click modifiers on the bottom left, click add in the left column. Click Extreme 3d Pro (or whatever it shows up as), hit button 11, repeat for button 3.

(Either do this for all aircraft now or repeat this step before loading each profile, just make sure this is done before loading the profiles OR YOU WILL HAVE RED INPUT LINES)

Close the modifier window and click on any input line in the controller column. Click on Load Profile at the top left. Ensure you are in Users\You\Saved Games\DCS. Open Configs, select the plane you wish to load (MiG-29S reads as MiG-29C here), Open Joystick, Select and load the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro profile.

If you wish, go ahead into the axis and tweak the settings to your liking (as well as making sure it's set up properly)

If you wish, give it a quick run through to make sure everything is bound correctly using the readme or control reference image. Repeat previous step and this step until every profile you wish to be loaded is loaded. Make sure you fly out the planes to make sure everything is in order.

Note: when you load the next profile in sequence, you will be in the previously loaded profile's directory. MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOADING THE RIGHT PROFILE FOR THE RIGHT PLANE OR IT WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY

BASICS OF THE PROFILES

This is a joystick-only profile set using the default keyboard bindings. It uses 11 and 3 as modifiers

Image of Profile (Included in ZIP)

The HAT is used for Slewing the Target Cursor/Targeting Camera, with the Left Ctrl/Alt modifying what you do with it, with Ctrl being zone slew, and Alt being zone/target size

The HAT is also used for modes in conjunction with the 11 and right modifiers, as well as the trim with left shift. 11 Up is primary dogfight mode (Boresight for non-radar planes, Vertical Scan for radar planes), 11 Left Navigation mode, 11 Down air to ground mode, and 11 Right BVR mode or some secondary function. Right alt and Right/Left HAT cycles steerpoints. Shift up is your next dogfight mode (HMS RU or Bore US), Ctrl your third (Bore RU or Longi US), alt being the Russian fighters' longitudinal mode

Upper controls are where the fight is at. Trigger (Button 1) of course shoots, though for weapons release US planes use 3+Trigger. Cycle weapon with Button 2 at your thumb. 4 is unbound and reserved for communications, such as teamspeak.

5 is used for various lock and unlock functions, generally 5 being lock and 11+5 being return to search (Exception: 5+3 toggles the Su-27/33/J-11 anti-glare HUD filter). Right Shift/Ctrl is used to adjust weapons parameters in conjunction with the trigger and 2.

6 is used for enabling the gunsight, which will vary depending on the mode you're in. On Russian planes, 11+6 can be used to toggle the burst limiter. Left Shift and 6 is also used for autopilot on/off or disengage, in case it comes on by accident. Launch override is 3+Trigger in Russian planes and Right Alt+Trigger in US Planes

On lower controls, 8 is your best friend. He can be your CM Chaff/Flare (also known as SLAP), ECM switch (11+8) or continuous SLAP (3+8). Aside from it, 9 and 7 zoom the display in and out, 10 (TWS) and 12 (PRF) change radar modes. 11+9 and 7 increases or decreases HUD brightness (important for night time), 11+10 jettisons fuel tanks, and 11+12 jettisons weapons in sequence (don't get that wrong). 3+E, when rapidly pressed three times, will activate the ejection seat.

And finally the keyboard is used for everything else.

Be sure to see the reference images for additional detail and irregularities by module.

If you have any questions, concerns, or problems, feel free to post in this thread and I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

Bug reports are encouraged. Non-bug recommendations or requests are tolerated, but will not necessarily be implemented

Thanks and happy flying! :pilotfly:

Changelog:

23 May 2016: Version 2 released, moved to new thread, old thread locked by request

5 July 2018: Version 2.2, Came back to DCS after hiatus, fixed bugs and missing controls, added "proper" support for J-11A, some other things I probably forgot

Edited by hvymtal

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you ... I Think I can get it to work .. I am

a complete newbie and I have so much to learn here... Again Thank you very much.

I purchased the A-10C and also the F-86F so will be looking to see what I can also find for those.

I will be upgrading my video card soon as I also purchased a couple training modules but am unable to run them right now..

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...