Modules Purchased Through Steam Gone

When I first got DCS, I purchased a bunch of modules through Steam. This was during the time when modules purchased at Steam worked on a standalone version of DCS, which I use. The modules worked until I started up DCS recently to a slew on login errors due to hardware configuration and blacklisted serial numbers. None of the many modules I purchased work and lock up the DCS program at the mission start screen.

Am I to assume that these ten modules and planes are no longer valid for some reason? That's a lot of money down the drain.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

if you bought them through steam and you still have your steam acount...the S/N's are there...then you go to DCS website, http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ Log in, and on the bottom left you will see a Licence check.. this page will tell you the status of your keys.

if you had a hardware change and you didnt run the Protect.exe then this can cause issues, you may need to run the cleaners. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/564/#1780273

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

Modules purchased through Steam still work on ED's installation. That has never changed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't access my Steam account very often and can't log into it. I contacted Steam about it about a month ago without a response. When I do the license check, they are all blacklisted. I've had no hardware configuration changes save for switching one SSD for another.

I'm not a big fan of Steam, that's why I moved to a standalone installation shortly after I bought all the modules during the Steam Holiday Sale and got to know more about DCS.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

I don't access my Steam account very often and can't log into it. I contacted Steam about it about a month ago without a response. When I do the license check, they are all blacklisted. I've had no hardware configuration changes save for switching one SSD for another.

I'm not a big fan of Steam, that's why I moved to a standalone installation shortly after I bought all the modules during the Steam Holiday Sale and got to know more about DCS.

hmm blacklisted is intresting.. i have to belive the only way your getting them back is if you have your steam acount... https://support.steampowered.com/ is the easy way.

only time i have heard of blacklisted keys is when they are bought from a Key reseller and or stolen/ other illegitimate things.

Edited by OldE24

hmm blacklisted is intresting.. i have to belive the only way your getting them back is if you have your steam acount... https://support.steampowered.com/ is the easy way.

only time i have heard of blacklisted keys is when they are bought from a Key reseller and or stolen/ other illegitimate things.

I bought the modules during the Steam Holiday Sale using PayPal. I have the invoices, but I can't do anything with them unless Steam responds to my support ticket. I'm guessing they know that...

I bought the modules during the Steam Holiday Sale using PayPal. I have the invoices, but I can't do anything with them unless Steam responds to my support ticket. I'm guessing they know that...

the site i linked...have you tried to use it to recover your steam account? they are not fast to act but they also give you alot of ways to recover your account if you choose to use them.

• ED Team

you will need to gain access to your steam account first.

That is where your proof of purchase is.

once you have that contact support http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

you will need to gain access to your steam account first.

That is where your proof of purchase is.

once you have that contact support http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Yes, I know I have to be able to access my Steam account to do anything but Steam support is slow to non-existent. The oldest support ticket for this DCS issue is over two months old. I can sign in through the Steam website, but not the Steam client. I have the PayPal invoices but no one to show them to.

DCS was the only game I had on my Steam account, I'm assuming since I moved to a standalone version of DCS and had no games on Steam, they blocked or deleted my account and blacklisted the modules. Guess I'll uninstall DCS and start from scratch with one plane. I certainly won't be buying any more modules, lesson learned about spending a lot of money on computer games.

1. Log in at http://www.steampowered.com

2. Click on Support On the Top Menu.

3. Click on "A Purchase".

4. Click on "View Complete Purchase History"

5. Click on A DCS Module Purchase

6. Click On View receipt

You cannot View CD-Keys on Steam's Website.

However if you already Activated them Before they should be in your registry

1. Start Button

2. RegEdit

3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER

4. Software

5. Eagle Dynamics

6. Module Name / key

Save keys in a safe place. (Ie at txt file somewhere).

Delete all the Module Folders from the Registry, and try to re-activate.

if you exceed hardware points, the key will no longer work as the hardware ID has changed.

Wiping the KEY and Hardware ID from the registry will re-set them, and you should be able to re-activate.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If that was the Drive Windows Was installed on, then Yes, it's considered a significant hardware change, as the Windows Volume Name and Volume Serial Number has Changed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1. Log in at www.steampowered.com

2. Click on Support On the Top Menu.

3. Click on "A Purchase".

4. Click on "View Complete Purchase History"

5. Click on A DCS Module Purchase

6. Click On View receipt

You cannot View CD-Keys on Steam's Website.

However if you already Activated them Before they should be in your registry

1. Start Button

2. RegEdit

3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER

4. Software

5. Eagle Dynamics

6. Module Name / key

Save keys in a safe place. (Ie at txt file somewhere).

Delete all the Module Folders from the Registry, and try to re-activate.

if you exceed hardware points, the key will no longer work as the hardware ID has changed.

Wiping the KEY and Hardware ID from the registry will re-set them, and you should be able to re-activate.

I can't log into the Steam client, only the support account, the user and support accounts are different. I have the serial numbers recorded but they don't work(blacklisted). As I mentioned earlier, the only hardware change has been one SSD for a larger capacity SSD.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DCS World and wound up with the stock Su-25T and TF-51D as well as a Fw 190 D-9 that I purchased through the DCS website and the A-10C that I bought from Steam. That will have to do for my DCS experience.

• ED Team

If they are blacklisted you will need proof of purchase so support can assist you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If they are blacklisted you will need proof of purchase so support can assist you.

If Steam responds to my support ticket, that's the plan. For the time being, I'll stick with what I have left and chalk it up to another wonderful Steam experience.