Clouds mod

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about performance?

Well as I've said in earlier posts the performance hit isn't nowhere near as bad on AMD cards as it is on nVidia ones so it's best to try it for yourself and see.

Also just a few more pics for the thread :)

(P.S: i have added these clouds along with other changes/fixes to the 104th terrain package today, see link below)

Edited by Mustang

Are there any cloud mods for DCSW 1.5.x / 2.x.x ?

I wish i had something like this :

:)

It's from another flight sim

Where are those clouds from? If I may ask...

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Tried the mod yesterday.. and even with the outlines they're a lot better compared with the vanilla ones..

I also was surprised with the performance, I tried these clouds ( without the mod, only enabling them in the cfg file ) when they launch the 2.0 and was unplayable.. and yesterday the framerates were very good..

So the performance improvement comes from the work of ED during the different updates or there is something that you have modified Mustang ?

Thanks for the great mod ! :thumbup:

What do you mean, Incontinentia ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Same here

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Two guys I know have both a GTX970. One had suddenly 5fps or something after installing this mod and the other had absolutly no performance loss. Complete different results on same card.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Just tried the mod, Nvidia user here.

External view I wasn't getting any fps drop at all, in the cockpit I was though, enough to effect gameplay but not as bad as some. FPS dropped to about 23-25 fps but only in the cockpit when looking out at the clouds. I noticed the cockpit glass effects the clouds on the horizon, as if looking at them through uneven glass. Maybe this is what's causing the fps drop (that's a guess only).

Other than that, it looks amazing and really hope you find out what is causing the problem (or ED does).

Mustang: What parameters do you use to get those small, puffy clouds? I tried messing around with the setting sliders, but no matter what I selected the clouds are huge and create near overcast conditions:)

I use the clouds from the 104th package, and no matter what density I chose (Except from 9 and 10- that are total overcast) I get this result:

EdPsfFR.jpg

OhWQulO.jpg

The good news is that it is VERY performance friendly even on my gtx 970

EDIT: Got it working when using the files from earlier in this thread:D

Edited by zionid

Well as I've said in earlier posts the performance hit isn't nowhere near as bad on AMD cards as it is on nVidia ones so it's best to try it for yourself and see.

Also just a few more pics for the thread :)

(P.S: i have added these clouds along with other changes/fixes to the 104th terrain package today, see link below)

Great looking mod, at least on screenshots!

May I ask: do you plan to release some version of this mod (maybe with some features blocked/removed) for those who do not allowed to use a link you provided?

I respect your work and decisions (for whatever reasons they made), so I do not want to fake my location/IP by using proxy. But I really interested in this mod.

Рожденный ползать летит недолго.

Hi Mustang!

Your MOD is excellent but I have a problem with aliasing.

What should I do?

hWRgGHy.jpg

INTEL Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED DDR4 - 3200 Mhz 4x8go - Be Quiet ! 850W - Hotas Warthog - Fox Spirit PGM 340 - Oculus rift S

Hi Mustang!

Your MOD is excellent but I have a problem with aliasing.

What should I do?

Are you using SweetFX/ReShade? It seems that something is exaggerating the downsampling aliasing artifacting on your end, i rarely ever see it looking so bad as that.

@zionid, do you use this mod ?

with my GTX 980 Ti, i have about 14-15 fps, average.

@zionid, do you use this mod ?

with my GTX 980 Ti, i have about 14-15 fps, average.

I have gtx770 2gb and fps results are same with you:)

it is good to be wait for the final performance tuning and official release because those clouds still at early development stage.

Edited by archer86