Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

but it just seems a really strange way to distribute a DLC.

I think it's come about 'due to unforeseen difficulties' of which both parties involved are royally fed up.

As I see it, this emergency method of release is a way for the community to pay for Starway's 12 months of work. You could say he's holding folks to ransom but on the other hand he's put in a big effort and deserves some reward.

I've donated too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donated to Freddy! :D

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

Donated!

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

So what do the people who have donated the $10 get that the people who didn't donate don't? I am not sure about the donation method.

I suppose this is why it's called a 'donation' and done in this way since there seems to be no simple way of protecting these files and selling them.

Ideally, the ED would ask for approval to incorporate these textures into their stock Caucasus map once the target donation amount is reached (depending also on their supposed upgrade plans for the theater).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Donated.

Starway. If we don't meet the $3000 target, what happens when 2.5 is released? Your texture pack won't work and we'll be stuck having paid for an obsolete product?

Dont worry. 2000$ reached after less than one day. 3000$ shouldn't be a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Is the mod out already? That was quick.

Not yet. Last update by starway 1890,85 $ two hours ago. So I bet the target will be reached within the next few hours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

please don't make admins close thread again. keep discussions away from here.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So what do the people who have donated the $10 get that the people who didn't donate don't? I am not sure about the donation method.

Why should I donate (which I have done BTW) when eventually everyone is going to get the map anyway (If the total amount is reached)? What happens if the $3000 target isn't reached we get the caucasus map that will be next to useless when DCSW 2.5 is released.

I have donated as I said, and I am looking forward to seeing these new textures in action, but it just seems a really strange way to distribute a DLC.

SD

I can understand your concern but i really think the $3000 mark shouldnt be a problem. Im willing to donate again if we come short.

Regarding your question about what about the people that did not donate and are still be able to play with the DLC you paid for. I can only speak for myself but at the moment i can miss the $10 Starway is asking for his work and i really like what he made so far and is about to release to this community. Sure some people will think "heck why should i pay when others are doing this" but in the end i think by heart most of the people in the DCS community are fair and honest. I cant speak for everyone but i donate for the community and not just for me. I want this Sim to move forward and achieve great things. People sometimes have to make sacrifices to reach bigger goals.

(But please lets refrain from discussion whether you should or should not donate)

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

Ideally, the ED would ask for approval to incorporate these textures into their stock Caucasus map once the target donation amount is reached (depending also on their supposed upgrade plans for the theater).

Ideally, they would have done so once it become known they couldn't offer the textures in the store after having Starway work on them for a year, and forced him to do this.

The polite thing to do, would have been to pay him for it and offer it up as a complementary update for the 10+ year old textures they sell with brand new $60 planes. :pilotfly:

Edited by CrashO

Ideally, they would have done so once it become known they couldn't offer the textures in the store after having Starway work on them for a year, and forced him to do this.

The polite thing to do, would have been to pay him for it and offer it up as a complementary update for the 10+ year old textures they sell with brand new $60 planes. :pilotfly:

Im sure they will work something out that is good and positive for everyone :smilewink:

g8PjVMw.png

This is beginning to look like the last thread, so let's not venture further in the speculation territory.

The old thread is still there so if you have any actual arguments regarding this, I'd be very interested to read more.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164817&page=80

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Donated! Great one!

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

I'm in. Here's to meeting those goals!

So how does this shake out in purely practical terms? Does it become a new button in the "theater" section of everyone's module manager with a future update, or a .zip hosted online that anyone can install manually, or are we not crossing that bridge yet?

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

dontated,

would have been nice if you could choosse the amount to donate with a minium beeing 10$

Computer HW:

CPU: i7-5930K; RAM: 32GB DDR4;GPU: 2xAsus GTX-980Ti; MotherBoard: Asus Rampage VI Extreme; Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II; Monitor: Samsung 34" S34E790C; Headphones Thurtle Beach

Controler HW:

HOTAS #1: Thrustmaster Warthog; HOTAS #2: Saitek X-65F (The best!); HOTAS #3: Saitek X-52 Pro; Pedals: MFG Crosswind

Keyboard: Saitek S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 + Logitech G-13

MFD: ThrustMaster Cougar MFD's

Mouse: Logitech G-700

Oculus Rift: CV1

This might be a stupid question - these textures will work in both 1.5x and 2.x versions, right ? ( I was right, stupid question ;) ) Donated :)

/A

Edited by Aryin

Before i donate or not , i also want to know how - will this work with the upcoming Integrity Check?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Done :)

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]