Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Do you need a Mod like this?

If you think THIS is useful, then I will continue and finish it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=141669&d=1464844925

attachment.php?attachmentid=141670&stc=1&d=1464844929

Very much so, brilliant idea!

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

If it could be worked into an official DCS feature (like the cockpit settings) even better. smile.gif

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

it will definetely change performance somehow, since the lua files do change some settings. it is not magic or placebo, you can just compare the old and new files.

so for example it seems that starway reduces some render distances of stuff in the mirrors, which would suggest that this might enhance performance (if you had mirrors enabled before too).

E4RGAiF.jpg

t4JX80v.jpg

he also changes a lot of stuff with the shadow settings, so this will change how shadows are rendered farther away from you etc.

i don't know how exactly these settings work, but they seem to be seperate for outside and cockpit view and he changes them for all the various option settings (shadow quality flat, low, etc).

the shadow file might have typos in them, the original ends with }, and}; but starways shadow.lua does just use } } ..... i am not fluent in lua. no idea if that is a problem or not.

g4NL4Sr.jpg

on my pictures you see the original dcs files LEFT, starways files RIGHT.

i don't know much about lua, so starway can probably explain all his changes much more detailed (excuse me, if he already did in one of the 50+ pages before in this thread :)

Done! Can Finally return to the Caucasus again... NTTR made the old map almost unplayable for me. It was like going back in time to LockOn 1 after being spoiled with Nevada. Thanks for sorting us out Starway! Now if I can just get my grubby little mitts on that Bucc...

Thank you for your hard work Starway! marvelous!

I wonder about compatibility with Mustang No Tree Shadow Mod. Does it work with these DLC or maybe we do not need it anymore? Because I had a great gain of FPS by disabling the tree shadow with Mustang mod...

Pierre

Nice mod however im finding really bad stutter, Now im not sure if its mirage related or starway texture related single mission mirage free flight with smoke, Now with smoke off its not so bad stutters here and there with smoke on its terrible, Again not sure if its starways mod or a Razbam bug?

Edit: Its worse over trees (Aslo pc specs in sig)

Edited by Coxy_99

----------------------------------

Update 3:

I am very happy to announce that the whole campaign is a full success! This morning we've crossed the $3,000 mark! This means that I will continue working on this DLC right away to make it T4 ready! The release of this update will be provided for free.

I have to say that I am really proud that I am part of this great community. You all proved yourself in having an extraordinary team spirit. I also want to thank Wags and Kuky for supporting me with this project until the end. Furthermore, a big thank you to all users who helped me out by creating alternative download links and torrents.

You are awesome!

• Like 1

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

I am very happy to announce that the whole campaign is a full success! This morning we've crossed the $3,000 mark! This means that I will continue working on this DLC right away to make it T4 ready! The release of this update will be provided for free.

I have to say that I am really proud that I am part of this great community. You all proved yourself in having an extraordinary team spirit. I also want to thank Wags and Kuky for supporting me with this project until the end.

Great news. I'd be curious to hear you thoughts on the option of ED integrating them with the stock Caucasus map now that you've released it to public domain and once it's updated to be T4 compatible.

At least from the user perspective it would seem as a very convenient thing so the mod doesn't have to be deactivated prior to each update.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Donated!

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Great news. I'd be curious to hear you thoughts on the option of ED integrating them with the stock Caucasus map now that you've released it to public domain and once it's updated to be T4 compatible.

At least from the user perspective it would seem as a very convenient thing so the mod doesn't have to be deactivated prior to each update.

Agree totally:thumbup: This should be the default. First time I've used JSGME this is top notch work Starway!

Screen_160602_184146.thumb.jpg.202376e1a9980e40b1d28c94199421c9.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Fully agree, that would make it much more practical, hope it will be fine with ED and yourself!

----------------------------------

Update 3:

I have to say that I am really proud that I am part of this great community. You all proved yourself in having an extraordinary team spirit. I also want to thank Wags and Kuky for supporting me with this project until the end. Furthermore, a big thank you to all users who helped me out by creating alternative download links and torrents.

You are awesome!

You think ED could use these textures as a default option till they upgrade their map? It's worth asking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Agree totally:thumbup: This should be the default. First time I've used JSGME this is top notch work Starway!

I agree also, but now that the obligations have been fulfilled and it is now free to the community, whats to stop ED from making this the new stock textures since it is to their standards anyway and the majority of the community prefers these textures compared to the original ED version? I would say ED should now take these textures and make them the default.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
I agree also, but now that the obligations have been fulfilled and it is now free to the community, whats to stop ED from making this the new stock textures since it is to their standards anyway and the majority of the community prefers these textures compared to the original ED version? I would say ED should now take these textures and make them the default.

+1

Great job Starway.:thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro