Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, is this Your first installation and usage of JSGME, or have You used it with other mods before already?

I have used it with other mods with it already, but this was before I had to wipe my main drive cos of my computer going through a laundry list of problems. Still one would think everything should be just fine. I will try installing another mod and see if that works.

I'm asking this, because JSGME installed in main game folder works out of the box no problem, while if installed somewhere else, there might be issues with setting up folder shortcuts/paths incorrectly (in windows shortcuts, in jsgme.ini file etc.), causing problems with making mods work (already seen that with one of my fellow flyers).

So, if You put JSGME in the DCS folder and create a subfolder there called "_mods" or "-mods", or whatever the hell You want, as long as JSGME is configured to use it (with exception of "mods" obviously, as that's one of default game folders and You don't want to touch that!). Then just unzip the whole "Starways Black Sea Map 2.0" folder right into that location, fire up JSGME, move the mod from left to right, close the JSGME and that's it - scenery works. Literally four clicks.

Cannot be more dummy-proof, It must work, if it doesn't, check if the whole package downloaded and extracted correctly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ok so I tried installing another mod through JGSME and it works. Yet no matter how many times I try to install and download this mod I honestly don't see a difference between the original and this. Anyway I screenshot the area surrounding Kutaisi with both the mod installed and without it and the two pictures dont look any different:

Original

[/img]

Can someone tell me if this is the actual mod or not?

Ok so I tried installing another mod through JGSME and it works. Yet no matter how many times I try to install and download this mod I honestly don't see a difference between the original and this. Anyway I screenshot the area surrounding Kutaisi with both the mod installed and without it and the two pictures dont look any different:

Original

[/img]

Check file structure of the mod. Sometimes the "title" folder is duplicated in the compression/decompression process.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I think both are Starway's mod.

Somehow you replaced original files (archives) and playingwith JSMGE just adds the mod on top of the mod. Adding Barthek makes it works because Barthek uses folders instead of archives and they are loaded on op of archives and they show.

I think you should do a repair. And check you don't have folders besides archives containing files (Starway's or Barthek)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hoodaya, You see no difference, because there is no difference :D. You've got Starways mod on both above screenshots. So You either posted screens from the same session twice (doubt it), or You've got the mod already installed before (maybe copying it over the original game files by mistake during Your numerous installation attempts?). This is what original Kutaisi looks like (it's easy to tell - stock textures have yellow fields, modded ones do not):

Screen_160622_070921.thumb.jpg.eac314e1ca92b486e7a37637039dfe7e.jpg

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think both are Starway's mod.

Somehow you replaced original files (archives) and playingwith JSMGE just adds the mod on top of the mod. Adding Barthek makes it works because Barthek uses folders instead of archives and they are loaded on op of archives and they show.

I think you should do a repair. And check you don't have folders besides archives containing files (Starway's or Barthek)

Definitely go with this advice; somehow you rooted Starway's mod over the original file structure. Do A repair and make sure you disabled all your mods in JSMGE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

I have no idea how the mod managed to take over the files from main game because I only used JSGME, which shouldn't overwrite the files unless I install the mod in JSGME. I will reinstall the game and go from there I guess, thanks for your help everyone.

No need to reinstall - just run the repair and it will get only the overwriten files. You should have a shortcut to the repair in you windows menu or if not it's (as afar as I can recall) located in the bin folder of the game.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Absolutely, don't reinstall. Just do a repair. It's a good chance to learn more. Then go inside the game folder at this address:

90n10dp.jpg

You should have only the archives and no folder. If you have folders delete them. In my picture I have the folders and they are modding Starways textures that are in those archives... heck... even the archives are bit modded with Starway's noise1 dds files and some more :) . But I have no problem.

It goes without saying you should disable all the mods prior to running a repair.

Why you need to check you don't have folders there after repair? Because the game only repair its original files not other things yo drop inside its structure. But those folders if they are there... they are not deleted by the repair but they are read by the game and if you have modded files in them they will be loaded by the game... repaired or not.

If you need more clarifications ask.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks for helping the guy out here.

Regarding the experiment with the new distance textures. I would say it was a success! :)

puSLdAc.jpg

T6dhuTs.jpg

Nice!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regarding the experiment with the new distance textures. I would say it was a success! :)

So, the next natural question would be: "When can we have this update?" :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for helping the guy out here.

T6dhuTs.jpg

Thx Starway. Just something wrong with the colours...., this skin (done by me) is in "sand" colour, not grey hmmmm ;). Regards.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thx Starway. Just something wrong with the colours...., this skin (done by me) is in "sand" colour, not grey hmmmm ;). Regards.

You did a great job with the Desert Storm skin and I don't wanted to disfigure your work but the thing is I love grey in grey low vis skins! And I am totally aware of it's historically incorrectness. :)

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Ok after several attempts to Download I'm about to give up.......arrrg. I DL 100'sGiig per month and without a hitch... FTP, HTTP, SFTP, Torrent you name it then to get this file ... nope...nada....zip .zilch success so far ... at some point the file arrives truncated or corrupt in some form or another. VER 2.0 was the last trial--- I'm on a slow ADSL connection 3Mbit with ethernet connection to the PC...no funny ol wireless here to mess with the last segment....

Starway, pretty please can you break the file into smaller chunks or use a file host to provide resume feature either with http or ftp DL options.

I've tried to get the file via Torrent and sending that to my torrent seedbox it does not DL after successfuly being taken into deluge either- server located in the Netherlands and I'm in New Zealand so I'd use SFTP to pull it down and if the DL failed I can resume....

any other sites to try and get the file

yes I did the donate as soon as it was available and to be honest I'd like to be able to leave the file to seed the torrent so others stand a better chance of getting it too....

I will create a new file this weekend, which will hopefully be ready for download on monday.

In the meanwhile, please try to download the via the link in the first post of this thread.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Plehmann, maybe try getting it from Mediafire link by using JDownloader? In the past, that was always my way of dealing with big files + unstable connection, though I don't know if JD works with (and supports resuming) Mediafire uploads nowadays.

Great video. Between ED's work and Starway's Mod, it will be pretty exciting to see what the BS map will eventually become.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]