• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a vote, I vote for the C.

Not interested in minor versions.

the E is not minor.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Quick question. Not being snotty or anything, but apart from the angolan war, did the e ever see combat anywhere in the world?

Mirage III EP with Pakistan Vs India

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-air-force-mirages-during-the-1971-air-war.43385/

Mirage III EA with Argentina vs Great Britain during Falklands/ Malvinas war.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Ok, this titillates my interest. :)

And this ?

Mirage IIIE with Martel anti-radar missile, Barrax jamming pod (probably Phimat chaff pod on the other wing) and 2 x 1300L fuel tanks

Mirage3E_1988_3-JD.jpg

Fun loadout, fuel + rocket pod

Mirage3E_1972_2-EH_mc.jpg

Rocket booster:

Mirage3E_1980_2-fusee.jpg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Quick question. Not being snotty or anything, but apart from the angolan war, did the e ever see combat anywhere in the world?

Did the Viggen see combat anywhere ( Let alone get any export sales)? No. i dont think that is a reason to preclude an aircraft or a specific varation into DCS. its just the E is more capable as well as versatile, with its A2G radar, and more munition types compared to the C.

direct combat usage aside If we count the export variations for specif nations of the MIIIE than yeah it too has seen widespread service.

I think those arguments will fall flat.

i see what you did there :D

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Did the Viggen see combat anywhere ( Let alone get any export sales)? No. i dont think that is a reason to preclude an aircraft or a specific varation into DCS. its just the E is more capable as well as versatile, with its A2G radar, and more munition types compared to the C.

direct combat usage aside If we count the export variations for specif nations of the MIIIE than yeah it too has seen widespread service.

i see what you did there :D

And butthurt... engage.

I simply asked given we used them and later converted our e's in to cheetah.

I was not excluding anything. So. If you are done trollling...

And butthurt... engage.

I simply asked given we used them and later converted our e's in to cheetah.

I was not excluding anything. So. If you are done trollling...

yes i responded to give my 2 cents on the relevance of the 3E, and to answer the question. Apparently because you aren't satisfied with my answer that of course turns me into a troll somehow :doh:

Others like Jojo gave thier answers too no need to get overly sensitive against mine.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

If there's a vote, I vote for the C.

Not interested in minor versions.

The E definetly isn't a minor version, it was more produced than the C and was the main variant in France as well as many foreign costumers.

Edited by tete4/Ywis

And this ?

Mirage IIIE with Martel anti-radar missile, Barrax jamming pod (probably Phimat chaff pod on the other wing) and 2 x 1300L fuel tanks

Mirage3E_1988_3-JD.jpg

Fun loadout, fuel + rocket pod

Mirage3E_1972_2-EH_mc.jpg

Rocket booster:

Mirage3E_1980_2-fusee.jpg

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention! :D

The E definetly isn't a minor version, it was more produced than the C and was the main variant in France as well as many foreign costumers.

I was talking of the Israelis C versions, not the E.

I would so prefer a standard French C, than a "minor version" C.

I was talking of the Israelis C versions, not the E.

I would so prefer a standard French C, than a "minor version" C.

Same here.

Always prefer to have the Standard variant of the nation that designed it and used it the most then one of the export variants.

So i would also prefer the Mirage IIIC over an export CJ

(or any other Export IIIC variant)

Same here.

Always prefer to have the Standard variant of the nation that designed it and used it the most then one of the export variants.

So i would also prefer the Mirage IIIC over an export CJ

(or any other Export IIIC variant)

Same here, plus France always downgrade export equipment.

Both would be best :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Not really :music_whistling:

France never had Mirage F1 as advanced as Iraqi Mirage F1 EQ6 standard.

Mirage 2000-9 is the most advanced one.

Mirage fanatic !

For the record, the - CJ was NOT downgraded. In fact it was operationally upgraded from a pure high altitude interceptor into a multi functional fighter. It retained the original radar the French used, but only discarded the rocket pack. The late '50s and early' 60s cannot be compared to today's standards of customers getting downgraded material due to political issues.

Both would be best :).

Yeah no,Dassault actually added 2 additional hardpoint for the israeli version to feat the tactical figher conception they had of the fighter they wanted to buy (by oppostion to the strategical interceptor conception the armée de l'air had of the fighter)

Essentially hardpoints went from 3 to 5

Also, the best verison of the M2000 and Mirage F1 are export versions (respectively the M2000-9 and the Mirage F1 astrac upgrade)

In regards to the rocket pack, it wasn't even a downgrade, the israeli weren't interrested in it in the first place, they asked for it to be replaced by extra fuel.

Edited by tete4/Ywis