Airfield Emergency Arrestor Cables?

Tricky11

Would it be great if ED implemented Emergency Arrestor cable systems on the airfields along with working hooks for all the aircraft. You would have to contact the tower in a emergency and tell them to get the cables set ready.:thumbup:

This was asked before the NTTR was released. I recall Wags saying it is possible, but a very low priority. Maybe once we get the new ATC, somewhere down the line.

Don't know of any russian capabilities, but the western systems are usually the BAK-12 mobile field arresting system, and the BAK-14 fixed field arresting system.

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

The f-15 tail hook animation does work.

You stop that, that's obscene. There might be children watching :huh:

:D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

I'd like to bring this up again, since we will soon get the F/A-18 it would be nice to have the arrestor cables at Nellis, Creech, Groom Lake and Tonopah. The textures are already there (at least at Nellis) but the cables are missing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

+1 would be great if they could be a static object with perhaps editable parameters.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1+ I think it is fair to say that some airbases are equipped with land bases cables. It would be nice if this would be available too

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Something to note (not sure if it has been mention).

Arresting gear has a real danger of striking or hitting aircraft when the aircraft goes over them. Because of this, in some air bases (and it is different, depending on the location and the type of arresting gear in use, aircraft, etc.) the cable that goes over the runway may only be placed on the far end of the Runway. So if landing/taking off on runway 03 (arbitrary example) the cable will likely be on the runway 21 end.

Additionally, some of this systems are only able to slow down the aircraft to a point, so if the aircraft is going over a certain speed and if it is over a certain weight, it may not stop.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Something to note (not sure if it has been mention).

Arresting gear has a real danger of striking or hitting aircraft when the aircraft goes over them. Because of this, in some air bases (and it is different, depending on the location and the type of arresting gear in use, aircraft, etc.) the cable that goes over the runway may only be placed on the far end of the Runway. So if landing/taking off on runway 03 (arbitrary example) the cable will likely be on the runway 21 end.

Additionally, some of this systems are only able to slow down the aircraft to a point, so if the aircraft is going over a certain speed and if it is over a certain weight, it may not stop.

Swiss Airbases do have cables at both ends of the runway, including emergency barricades like seen on the US carrier which can be raised to trap the aircraft as last resort.

The cables are inside the concrete of the runway in order to prevent the damage of the undercarriage of the aircrafts, like cessnas ;-)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S