Female tower voice

666th_birdy

towermodzl7.jpg

Get it from the download section at http://www.666th.co.uk

This ModMan5 compatible Mod, adds a female tower voice to the game. It's in the english language with a nice european accent to it icon_wink.gif

The orginal sound files (OGG format) are not overwritten but LockOn will play the added WAV files instead.

A batch file "LockOn_manual_tower-voice_switcher.bat" is also added to the same folder to let the player easily switch between the female and (original) male tower voice.

A simular batch file "LockOn_auto_tower-voice_switcher.bat" is added to enable the player to switch voices on PC re-boot, in which case the player should make a ShortCut to this batchfile and place it in the 'startup' folder.

This zip file is ModMan5 compatible but you can also simply unzip all WAV files in folder

..lockon\sounds\englishversion\usa\tower

The two batch files are optional.

Many thanks to Monique for her effort

This version was tested using LockOn v.1.12a

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Great fun and nice change! I've been switching voices during the flight for effect. Tower guy finally gets some time off. :)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 year later...

Just drop the files in lockon/sounds/english version/USA/tower folder! The files will not replace the original lockon files:)! Then in the folder you'll see two files(LockOn_manual_tower-voice_switcher.bat) and (LockOn_auto_tower-voice_switcher.bat) whit them you can switch on or off the female tower voice :)

P.S. Make back up first :)

[LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=3][B]=2ИАЕ=[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [/LEFT]

I don't see why any batch files would be created if you just drop te WAV files into the folder... :S

the batch files are in the mod! So extract it in the /tower/ folder :)

[LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=3][B]=2ИАЕ=[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [/LEFT]

rodger. i'll try it again. how do you switch between voices? i didn't understand the above directions.

1) Unzip the mod and drop the Sounds folder into your main FC directory. This will place the voice files along with the two batch (BAT) files into the right place.

2) If you do nothing else, you will now have the female tower voice for the American aircraft.

3) If you want to be able to switch back and forth between the default tower and female tower, you need to do one of two things:

• To switch manually: Find LockOn_manual_tower-voice_switcher.bat in Sounds\EnglishVersion\USA\TOWER and right-click on it. From the context menu, select Send to/Desktop. This creates a Shortcut on your desktop. When you click it, it will run that file and the voices will switch.

• To switch automatically: Find LockOn_auto_tower-voice_switcher.bat and create a shortcut as above. Copy that shortcut from your desktop and place it in your Startup folder. For most people this will probably be: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Now, whenever your computer is rebooted, the voices will switch.

EDIT: A bit of explanation about how the mod works. The sim will play a sound file with a WAV suffix before it will play one with an OGG suffix, if the file otherwise has the same name. So Bearing.wav (the female voice) will play while the default Bearing.ogg will be ignored. Run the batch file. The batch file simply renames bearing.wav to bearing.wa_. Now the default voice will be heard. Run the batch file a 2nd time and bearing.wa_ becomes bearing.wav and you get to listen to Monique's lovely voice again. So the original FC files are never touched. That 666th_Birdy is pretty slick. :)

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Allright, so is it possible to have Monique's voice in the Russian planes as well?

BTW, thanks guys! :)

Sure. Same as above EXCEPT: Copy the mod's TOWER folder and dump it in your installation's Sounds\EnglishVersion\RF folder. And, when Windows tells you that folder already exists, etc, etc, just click "Yes to all". (Of course, you should have gotten that message, too, when you dumped the Sounds folder into your installation for the American aircraft.)

Rich

_____