HMS Marulken

Cibit

Quote from an email from SubSim:)

Ahoy Cib,

Hey buddy, I trust all is well with you. I am here to report some interesting--no, some great news in the subsim arena. People ask me, "When will work on Silent Hunter 6 be started?" Who knows? At this time, Ubisoft has not revealed any interest in continuing the series. People are also asking me why Subsim cannot produce a community-based game. Well, maybe we can. I think we are actually at a point where a non-Ubisoft game could surpass SH5, because this week I spent 6 hours in the new world of a groundbreaking WWII subsim: HMS Marulken.

HMS Marulken is a lot like SH5, where you can move about the sub, but a key difference is, you interact with the controls directly, not though a user interface. For example: to change depth, you don't merely click on a dial, in Marulken you actually pull a lever that opens a flood valve and fills the tank until you reach the depth ordered (don't overshoot!). And say you want to surface and switch propulsion to the diesels; you would flip a switch that reroutes the circuit from batteries to diesels, flip another pair of switches to energize the starter circuit, and crank the big diesels to life. And then you can decide how much power you want to send to the screws, and how many volts to jam back into the batteries for your next submerged attack. That's just the tip of the iceberg as far as features go, wait till you try your hand at intercepting radio transmissions and decoding them with the Enigma, or inputting fire control data into the TDC.

HMS Marulken is still in early alpha state and the devs have many more features planned, but it is impressively detailed and functional. Subsim has asked the dev team to set up a demo, waiting for you to download and try out. It is stable, I have not experienced a single crash thus far. But that's not the really cool part....

.. this game is designed for four players to man the sub as a team! Yep, co-op subsim play may actually surface before the Terminators rise to destroy the planet.

The game has four different roles; Captain, Navigator, Chief Engineer, and Radio/Sonar Operator. And believe me, this changes everything. It's really stimulating to manage a warship as a team, as compared to single player. You are closer to simulating a submarine that ever before. Read all the details in my preview here: http://www.subsim.com/2016/preview_HMSMarulken.php

Yeah, I'm really stoked about this game, I sure hope you will have a look, tell me what you think, sir.

The forum to discuss the game is here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277

Download the playable demo here: http://hmsmarulken.se/index.html

The devs even have a Kickstarter to help them speed up development of the game, you can find it here:

I have seen the future of subsims and the brightest ray of light is HMS Marulken.

Good hunting!

Onkel Neal

SUBSIM

Sounds good

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they push out a defective SH6, the same as SH4 and 5, then forget it! Either Ubi takes the time and delivers a quality product, or give me no product at all. I've pretty much dismissed Ubisoft as competent in the simulator dept anyways.

Hmm, as much as I would love a new subsim (still playing SH3 GWX and Dangerous Waters), I'm not really convinced by HMS Marulken. A swedish submarine in a alternative history version of WW2? :huh:

I would prefer a more historically experience to be honest. So even if the gameplay might be nice, I'm not really happy with that game.

I'm still waiting for a sim for modern sub with latest graphics

This! A successor to SH3 (forget about SH4 and especially SH5) in a modern setting with modern graphics (so basically a Dangerous Waters 2) would be soooooooo awesome!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I recived this info too via email. Fingers crossed for SH six or this idea.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm still waiting for a sim for modern sub with latest graphics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see a remake of the old 688 Attack Sub sim. I see it as an equivilant of a DCS F-15 or SU-33 and a modern version of SH6 or HMS Marulken would be the equivilant of a DCS P-51.

A multiplayer capable submarine sim would definitely get my money!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HMS Marulken - Multiplayer Submarine Simulator

In my 20 years of simming, this is one to back guys. Check out the links. Please. Lets get this thing going.

Edited by BillyCrusher
Corrected YouTube link

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Quick question did you get sh3 to run in Windows 7?

@BlakeP its a community made sim. Not ubisoft or whatever its called now

SH3 will run in 7/8/10, with tweaks which can be found in Steam or Subsim.

SH4 will run in 10, no problem.

SH5, I won't waste my time with.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I'm sold for this I will donate because I love SH4. Does it feature full targeting and analysis?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm sold for this I will donate because I love SH4. Does it feature full targeting and analysis?

Hi! At this point in the development HMS Marulken does have a functional TDC. The game actually allows one player (Captain) to use the scope and call in range, bearing, AOB, and speed using the ship manual, stadimeter, and stopwatch, and he calls the data out to the Navigator, who puts the data into the TDC.

The devs have spoken about upgrading the map so that manual contacts can be an option (nothing shows on the map unless the Navigator updates it). That would be an interesting option.:)

The devs will be hosting a Q&A June 7 and 14, 20:30 EST. Hope to see ya there!

• Like 1

:O

Count me in, I love Silent hunter. Still using 3 and GWX like many. 5 was fun with the fully walkable interior but I felt something was missing. Maybe I should take another look and see what the latest mods are.

This looks great fun mind you.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi Neal, this sounds interesting. I am really happy to see Subsim on ED forums. Sold!

Hi! At this point in the development HMS Marulken does have a functional TDC. The game actually allows one player (Captain) to use the scope and call in range, bearing, AOB, and speed using the ship manual, stadimeter, and stopwatch, and he calls the data out to the Navigator, who puts the data into the TDC.

The devs have spoken about upgrading the map so that manual contacts can be an option (nothing shows on the map unless the Navigator updates it). That would be an interesting option.:)

The devs will be hosting a Q&A June 7 and 14, 20:30 EST. Hope to see ya there!

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi Neal, this sounds interesting. I am really happy to see Subsim on ED forums. Sold!

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

+1

I used to live on Subsim when I was living silent hunter, really really happy to see its still about.

Cowboy10uk

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Subsim is a great place. I spent more than just a little time there myself when I was playing SH.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Subsim is a great place. I spent more than just a little time there myself when I was playing SH.

It's easily the most polite forum on the internet.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It's easily the most polite forum on the internet.

I agree