You could pick, operate and maintain one plane free of charge. Which would you get?

Toxe

This is a completely hypothetical just for fun question: Let's assume that for some reason you could pick one plane without worrying about costs, maintenance, fuel, government hassle, necessary manpower or a suitable runway and you would be able to learn how to operate it. Which plane would you pick?

"Plane" in this case means any man-build, real world vehicle that can fly.

Oh and we are only talking about flying the thing. You won't be able to operate weapons so forget about vendettas by carpet bombing your neighbors house.

Most probably an EC-135, or maybe a Huey, but definitely a Whirly Bird, because these are just so fun to fly.

Besides, they have lots of practical applications, like carrying people and luggage from A to B without having to worry about traffic jams. They can land and take off virtually everywhere. And they can still make a compelling and loud argument in every neighborhood-feud. :D

F-14D hands down... Or maybe a F-18F because of the avionics and I would leave the pylons off.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Mi-24P Hind F

Second runner up is the F2G Corsair.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

OH-6 Loach. Helicopters are just too practical as a civilian. Bet I could fit it in a parking space! Its got enough room for me, a lady, and a Crew Chief with an M60. Thats all you need, right?

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

The practicality of a helo aside, I'd probably go for a de-militarized F-5F.

I'd either need a center-line MXU-648 cargo pod, or convert the nose cannon enclosure to cargo space, like you see in the civilian market L-39Cs.

With a seat for the wife, a place for luggage, and a 2000 nm ferry range, I think some travel might be in order ;)

0952571.jpg

FW-190A5. Packing 4 x 20mm and 2 x 13mm

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Dassault Rafale. Or maybe the F-22A or F-14D.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]