remove only front bort numbers on basic skins?

LcSummers

Hi skinners

is there a workaround or possibilty to disable only the front bort numbers on basic skins?

So in the lua files i have tail, front bort and rear bort numbers.

When i enable only one of it, all numbers are shown. Where is my mistake?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

please attach zip and attach your livery and I'll make LUA File adjustments for you.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi Skatezilla,

first of all you Moderators/ED Testers are fantastic. If there is any question here on tthe forum, there is always sb to help .:thumbup:

The skin is the 334fs basic. Found here.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1519817/

I manged to disable all numbers in the lua files. See attachment.

But i cant disable only the front bort numbers. I want them on the tail and rear.

Thanks alot, you are a hell off...... :thumbup:

description.lua

Please note,

While the Borts are adjusted to work for 1.5.3/2.0.2,

The Diffuse and Specular maps need to be re-exported as the positions of the Engine and some other internals have changed.

Such things are the responsibility of the original Author to update/maintain.

1881277366_ModelViewer2016-06-0613-29-13-83.thumb.png.d7d4a9f0bee150c28d8ef11720c1b036.png

214284045_ModelViewer2016-06-0613-29-18-53.thumb.png.72db7aa497d1055cb86cfce9b2148435.png

1369214517_ModelViewer2016-06-0613-29-22-45.thumb.png.c5fbcd122f97b3b2f2fcfeca2d126d11.png

Updated Description LUAs.zip

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thank you very much Skatezilla.

I am no skinner, never made one, so its out of question that i would change sth. And as you mentioned, you are right that only the author has the right to change his work. There is no question about it.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Edited by LcSummers

Skatezilla, what is the drawback to using these skins, as is, after your modification to the description.lua's? Would there be anything noticable by not having the diffuse and specular maps redone?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Skatezilla, what is the drawback to using these skins, as is, after your modification to the description.lua's? Would there be anything noticable by not having the diffuse and specular maps redone?

Look inside the Engine Intake and Exhaust.

Look inside the Engine Intake and Exhaust.

Yes, I see that. It is skewed a bit. Thanks so much for fixing these for us. :thumbup: Perhaps Bo Nidles will update these soon.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

• 6 months later...

How to remove all bort numbers

Dear all,

I would dearly love t get rid of all bort numbers on all F-86 skins because they always look out of place. In my mind at least.

For instance take this skin which would be excellent without bort numbers.

I opened description.lua as a .txt file but it looks all different from the .luas in this thread.

Can anybody help please and convert the lua for the Canadian Sabre (see link) so that all bort numbers are removed, front and tail, including the silver sticky tape they are printed on?

Thanks in advance.

Hi werki,

I'm not getting any Bort numbers displayed in either 1.5 or 2.0 with that skin. I updated all my Sabre skins a while back, after Belsimtek changed the Bort number syntax for the F-86F. Have you tried updating the skin?

I can confirm, no Bort numbers with the updated skin in my server

Dear Rob,

thank you for your quick response. It is great to see that people care. Admittedly there are worse mishaps than a bort number showing up on a fuselage, but if one does not have anything else to worry about....

That having been said, I have in fact been worried about the fact that my Canadian F-86 skins, the ones that also feature the black F-86 cockpit which, look so ugly from the outside, with the decals taped over.

I do admit that recently downloaded USAF skins have all numbers in the right places. And the corrected .lua files I got in this thread work as well.

But I want my older Canadian and Aussie skins to look nice again. And they do not, currently.

I downloaded a beautiful skin under the following URL for instance:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1410152/

(Canadair Sabre Mk.5 23182 of No. 439 "Sabre-Toothed Tiger" Squadron, No. 1 (Fighter) Wing, RCAF Station Marville, France, circa 1955)

The file that was downloaded in 2016 has the bort number glitch.

Do you mean to say that if I download the same file today, it will be corrected?

I will try right away.

Hi Jocko,

the Canadian skins do not show (such as the Canadair Sabre Mk.5 23182 of No. 439 "Sabre-Toothed Tiger" Squadron, newly downloaded).

Meaning they do not show in the mission planner nor in the mission editor.

The skins that were installed by the game and the skins by Reflected show. This is the same for the DCS World v. 1.5.5 and the Nevada Map. I put them all into the CoreMod Liveries and deleted the old ones.

Maybe I will see them again some day.

Hi Jocko,

I have not yet mastered the art of mission editing. I only tried to find out which skins show in the list of skins. There is the same list in the mission planner (which you can click before the mission starts), and as I said, only the skins (recently) provided by Belsimtek and the skins made by Reflected are in the list.

I admit that this is totally strange as just one day ago all skins showed, including the ones with the bort number glitch. I have not updated DCS since about a week ago. I leave my rig unconnected other when updating DCS.

On the other hand, my F-86 runs like a charm. I had stutters before, but now there are none.

I guess this is a good trade off.

Still it would be interesting to find out why skins suddenly do not show in the selection list.

Just to learn what is going on. It only happens with the F-86 though.

The other planes' skins which I store in CoreMods (like the Spit's) or in Bazar/Liveries (like the Bf109's, Dora's, Mustang's) are all not affected.

I created a F-86 Sabre folder in Bazar/Liveries (where I stored skins before and they also showed in the selection list) but to no avail.

Thank you in any case.

Cheers