Iranian Su-25T(UBK)

Mainstay

Hi all im working on a Iranian Su-25T (Its based on their UBK pattern) livery for the upcoming straight of Hormuz area.

But im having a problem in the livery description figuring out what the correct line is for the PTB-800. I dont have 3d max so i cant extract the .EDM files to see whats being used but i have the feeling the PTB-800 is being shared by the same one the Su-25 uses.....

I tried the following line for a custom PTB-800 but it doesnt work.

{"PTB-800-PAINT", 0, "PTB-800-PAINT", false},

Does anyone from the community or Eagle Dynamics team know what the line should look like for the Su-25T so i can make my own PTB-800 paint textures work ingame on the Su-25T?

O This is the livery im working on :

EnrfuNO.jpg

KxUKyXQ.jpg

g8PjVMw.png

is a practically it so having less detail the script (compiler google)

"{"PTB-800-PAINT", 0, "PTB-800-PAINT.bmp", true};"

Hi Vladislav,

Tried the above. Also many other combinations but it just wont work. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Maybe ED? :helpsmilie:

g8PjVMw.png

first argument is the material name, get it using uboats' app:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159784

2nd argument is the layer, 0 is the diffuse, 2 is spec, most others aren't used

3rd argument is the name of your file, don't need extension if it's .dds or other supported format

4th argument is true if file is retrieved from primary location, false if retrieved from the same directory as description.lua

• Like 1

first argument is the material name, get it using uboats' app:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159784

2nd argument is the layer, 0 is the diffuse, 2 is spec, most others aren't used

3rd argument is the name of your file, don't need extension if it's .dds or other supported format

4th argument is true if file is retrieved from primary location, false if retrieved from the same directory as description.lua

O nice ! Didnt know about this app Uboats made. Ill try this when im home :thumbup:

g8PjVMw.png

Used the tool looked at the material names and my first input should work but it simply doesnt.

Now i understand why non of the later added liveries have working PTB-800 textures. For exmaple check the standard added greek livery for the Su-25T. It has PTB-800 textures but they are not used and my guess is because theirs a conflict somewhere.

The custom PTB-800's work on the Su-25 and they are the same. So why doesnt the same line {"PTB-800-PAINT", 0, "PTB-800-PAINT", false}, work for the Su-25T? I mean it points to the correct file.....

g8PjVMw.png

The custom PTB-800's work on the Su-25 and they are the same. So why doesnt the same line {"PTB-800-PAINT", 0, "PTB-800-PAINT", false}, work for the Su-25T? I mean it points to the correct file.....

I'm guessing that the livery search path is loaded after the primary model texture path, so the file PTB-800-PAINT.bmp.dds matches first from Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesBMP2.zip.

Did you try giving it a different filename, like ptb-800-test.dds ?

Hey guys i just tested this again and im an idiot.

{"PTB-800-PAINT", 0, "PTB-800-PAINT-IRAF", false},

in my case just works fine ! I was looking in the modelviewer. Ingame it shows up sigh....

Sorry for the retardation ;)

g8PjVMw.png

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Hey there, did you ever finish this skin or published it? I would really like it for a mission I'm making!

No, sorry for the late reply. I lost all my previous work on a pc incident some months ago :mad:

And every time im trying to load myself up to restart i just quit within 5 minutes.

g8PjVMw.png

• 2 weeks later...
No, sorry for the late reply. I lost all my previous work on a pc incident some months ago :mad:

Sorry to hear that .. :(

Beautiful skin, thanks a lot :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB