Interactive training missions

rge75

Hello,

I'm considering buying the L-39 during the summer sale. Actually, I'm not very used to modern jets (playing and loving the DCS Huey). E.g. landing the F-15 is still a Problem to me. However, I read that the L-39 includes interactive training missions but I wasn't able to find any video or other useful information about it. Searching the forum even said, that the missions disappeared after an update (but the post is from 2015)?

So my question is, if these training mission still exist (also for Nevada?) and if so, are they're worth anything? How many missions are included?

I'm not playing online which means I prefer modules with missions and/or campaigns.

• Like 1

There are a number of interactive training missions in 1.5.3 for the L-39.

Start-up, taxi and take-off; circuits and landing; flight and radio navigation; S-5 rocket pod deployment; bombing; R-3S air to air missiles; Gsh-23 gun use; and finally, the PK-3 gun pods.

There are no training missions in the 2.0.2 version (Nevada).

You may find a number of missions created for the L-39 written by members of the forum, but as yet there isn't any DLC campaign or mission pack.

I hope that helps you.

I would however recommend that you think about multi-player activity in DCS World as there is a vast resource out there, with one to one training, and no end of other benefits. It opens up the entire experience, and you will not look back once you take the plunge.

I have the module, and I really like it. I've made it through the first two training missions. They're good, although the second one is tricky. You have to fly through a bunch of hoops, and if you miss the wrong one, the next cue in the mission is not triggered.

I really like the L-39 because I feel like I'm losing some bad habits. Also, now when I fly the MiG-21bis, I appreciate what a BEAST it is.

Get the L-39! I think it is on sale too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies. The number of single player missions and campaigns for the L-39 is pretty small (there's a campaign which sais hardcore difficulty).

The reason why I'm not into multiplayer simply is because I don't think I'm a very good pilote. And with all those experienced people here, a "casual gamer" like me feels pretty lost. My last fighter "sim" was USNF and ATF which is no comparison to DCS....

And yes, it is on sale (50%). That's why it became a pretty interesting deal to me.

Thank you for your replies. The number of single player missions and campaigns for the L-39 is pretty small (there's a campaign which sais hardcore difficulty).

The reason why I'm not into multiplayer simply is because I don't think I'm a very good pilote. And with all those experienced people here, a "casual gamer" like me feels pretty lost. My last fighter "sim" was USNF and ATF which is no comparison to DCS....

And yes, it is on sale (50%). That's why it became a pretty interesting deal to me.

All the more reason to purchase it. Get online and get some backseat instruction. This is where the module really shines.

on

Well, I bought the module yesterday but I'll first have to learn the basics offline ;-) However, I wasn't patient enough today and I ended up in the Huey again *g*

I might consider the online part once, because the backseat instruction might really be interesting. I suppose I'll need to get a headset first though?