C-Tek Flight Control Helicopter Cyclic/Collective Anyone?

Bearfoot, have you checked out Komodo Siimulations as well? But be prepared to wait if you go with Komodo Sim. I liked the fact that Komodo had the exact Huey replica.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I have the ctek rudder pedals and they are top notch kit. So much better flying helos with them than with the spring loaded rudder pedals. I looked at komodo as well but their wait times are astounding as well at over 6 months last I checked - with half up front. Sean at ctek was easy to deal with and the kit is all American made too if that matters to you. His turnaround was much more reasonable too. I think it took a little over a month for mine. I agree that ctek needs some more innovation with their products like komodo has in the replica of certain aircraft. I love that komodo huey replica cyclic but just can't and won't wait that long for one of their products.

• Like 2

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Bearfoot, have you checked out Komodo Siimulations as well? But be prepared to wait if you go with Komodo Sim. I liked the fact that Komodo had the exact Huey replica.

Yes. It is USD 856 for the cyclic. That is a lot for me and I must argue the case before the Joint Council (= me and spouse) to see whether that budget can be approved!

In the mean time, I am just looking into all the other possibilities.

I have the ctek rudder pedals and they are top notch kit. So much better flying helos with them than with the spring loaded rudder pedals. I looked at komodo as well but their wait times are astounding as well at over 6 months last I checked - with half up front. Sean at ctek was easy to deal with and the kit is all American made too if that matters to you. His turnaround was much more reasonable too. I think it took a little over a month for mine. I agree that ctek needs some more innovation with their products like komodo has in the replica of certain aircraft. I love that komodo huey replica cyclic but just can't and won't wait that long for one of their products.

Thanks. I have the VKB T-Rudder IV on pre-order, so hoping that will have the pedals covered.

You seem to have made your choice but for others I want to post my experience. I have the ctek pedals. They have a lot of slop from new. I had to add shims myself to try and fix the play. I also have a Komodo cyclic. There is a big difference in quality between the two brands. If you can stretch to the komodosim gear then that's the brand to choose.

• Like 2

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

You seem to have made your choice but for others I want to post my experience. I have the ctek pedals. They have a lot of slop from new. I had to add shims myself to try and fix the play. I also have a Komodo cyclic. There is a big difference in quality between the two brands. If you can stretch to the komodosim gear then that's the brand to choose.

Experience is always appreciated. And so thanks for sharing. It is good to know.

• 2 weeks later...
A differential from Komodo is that their cyclic base is based on hydraulic damper and not in friction to retain stick position.

Yeah, this is what has kept me away from their stuff so far. He has said he has a proper force trim system in the works, but this is what I would need to consider buying one.

• Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 11 months later...

Have BOTH the 'C-Tek' AND the 'Komodo' full set of Heli Controls...

Started out with the full set of 'C-Tek' controls a few years ago, and ordered the 'Komodo' controls last year... which took a VERY long time to arrive...

The 'C-Tek', in my opinion is hands-down the winner when it comes to feel and accuracy of flying the Huey. The 'C-Tek' controls feel more robust and feel heavier to me then the 'Komodo' controls.

Although they don't look like the real life Huey controls, as far as feeling is concerned, they feel truly solid; especially the Cyclic.

The construction of each control is solid due to all metal being used throughout the 'arms' (Cyclic and Collective, and Rudder Pedals).

On top of it all, the controls are very well balanced! All(!!) controls (Cyclic, Collective, Pedals) have good functioning friction control.

However; unlike the 'C-Tek' controls, the 'Komodo' controls do LOOK like exact replicas of the Huey Cyclic, Collective and Pedals, with all proper buttons and switches in place AND, with the (RL) Start Trigger, located at the underside of the Collective!

But since the Collective 'Friction adjustment' either makes it too sticky or too loose when flying, the Collective has a tendency to sag down when set at any certain angle. I have installed a 'damper' underneath it to stop that from happening (visible in pics).

The 'Komodo' Cyclic does not have friction control, and tends to be sticky at times, i.e. NOT a smooth movement, whereas the 'C-Tek' controls are butter smooth...

The other difference between the two controls systems is that the 'C-Tek' Collective simulates Real Life Throttle 'Idle Indent'!!

It does so by having to push a button on the collective collar, which allows the throttle to be fully closed... and as in real life, the throttle can NOT be closed fully as long as that button on the collective is not pressed down.

The 'Komodo' controls do NOT have 'Idle Detent' simulation; i.e. you can roll the throttle all the way closed without any problem.

Have been flying for a while now with the 'Komodo' controls... but am still on the fence to go back to using the 'C-Tek' controls again...

150998229_C-Tek1.thumb.jpg.e99fc944d80a4f41b766e4809e067281.jpg

1842863478_C-Tek2.thumb.jpg.8a1093872c06388893ff0e22446aab7f.jpg

358683563_Komodo1.thumb.jpg.78235400fc96b05d0647e156a844479b.jpg

1995000440_KomodoCollective.thumb.jpg.22f92b7e920edb985ba924d34c4ad16c.jpg

2042052017_KomodoCyclic1.thumb.jpg.951ad21154bb37604812203090e3b573.jpg

1795639756_KomodoCyclic2.thumb.jpg.b4f2b190ea9bf462f2f7a575f53eac2a.jpg

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• 5 months later...

My C-Tek Cyclic broke on first go, during the callibration. Didnt even get to fly with it. And no metal in this shaft, just plastic.

As for the ‘Idle Dent’ on the Collective, brand new out of the box and it doesnt work.

And despite numerous emails to them, no response!

So buyer beware!!!!

Edited by Ravemtech
Spelling

My C-Tek Cyclic broke on first go, during the callibration. Didnt even get to fly with it. And no metal in this shaft, just plastic.

As for the ‘Idle Dent’ on the Collective, brand new out of the box and it doesnt work.

And despite numerous emails to them, no response!

So buyer beware!!!!

When did you get it? I thought they had closed their doors?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Yeah all of these controls makers going out of business has me worried. My ctek pedals are solid metal and weigh a ton. They are very robust and for about 2 years now have been working great. I am worried though that if they break that I am on my own. Same with Komodo who has dropped off the planet after cooing about moving to a faster production cycle. Who else besides oe-xam are the major players now?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Yeah all of these controls makers going out of business has me worried. My ctek pedals are solid metal and weigh a ton. They are very robust and for about 2 years now have been working great. I am worried though that if they break that I am on my own. Same with Komodo who has dropped off the planet after cooing about moving to a faster production cycle. Who else besides oe-xam are the major players now?

Pro flight trainer are popular https://pro-flight-trainer-com.myshopify.com

I’ve have nothing but good things to say about Rich and Komodosim though. I’m still in touch with him and hopefully his new store will open soon. I want to replace my C-Tek gear.

C-Tek still has an open active website, just not taking orders .... or answering emails. I did get it at the end of last year so still warranty, but due to a serious accident, l only recently was able to build the helicopter sim. Then first use and it breaks in half. No wonder they closed their doors. Quality is rubbish on both the current Cyclic and Collective. Never touch them again. Obviously they moved away from metal components to plastic to save on money and quality.

I have to start questioning these small companies. Its a risk to us Flight Simmers. In December last year l also ordered new expensive yokes from ACE. They finally arrived 11 1/2 months later and broken due to poor wiring. So has to be repaired but if l send it back, may never see it again. So many others also complaining about this company of non delivery.

So who is reliable any more? And who makes Helicopter controls that work and isn’t going out of business. And deliver in a reasonable time??? I am hearing bad things about multiple Companies.

Luckily my low quality Saitek yoke for fixed wing is still working, and despite being average, it has never broken down 6 years in. May be cheap, but the old stuff made years ago is still reliable, not like today

Edited by Ravemtech
Spelling