Windows 10 Thrustmaster HOTAS problems

Can anybody please help me.

I have been running DCS on a Windows 7 PC with no problems other than a bit of an old and underpowered PC. I have a Thrustamster Warthog HOTAS and a pair of Cougar F16 MFDs. Everything ran perfectly in DCS on the Windows 7 PC. DCS automatically recognised the HOTAS, and the MFDs, and correctly mapped all the buttons.

Today I took delivery of a spiffing new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed. The problem is that although Windows device manager correctly identifies the Thrustmaster devices DCS does not. If I open the Controls config panel in DCS it seems the HOTAS Throttle is correctly identified and the keys mapped correctly, but the Joystick is mapped as ‘2 axis 19 button joystick’ and none of the keys are correctly mapped. The axis control is way off as well. Similarly the two MFDs are incorrectly listed as ‘0 axis 28 button device’ and their buttons are all mapped incorrectly (in fact each MFD has the same incorrect mapping).

I have tried removing and reinstalling the devices in Windows. I have trashed my DCS file in Saved Games and letting DCS recreate a new one. I have tried all the various USB ports (front and back, USB 2 and 3). I tried connecting the kit directly, and individually, bypassing my USB port. Nothing makes DCS correctly recognise the kit.

I just booted up my old Windows 7 PC and plugged the Thrusmaster kit in and ran DCS and everything was correctly identified and was working correctly with the right key mapping, so its not a hardware problem. It seems as if something in Windows 10 is not passing the right information to DCS.

Can anybody help, does anybody know what might be causing the problem.

I am itching to play DCS on my new (and very expensive) rig :pilotfly:

The new kit spec is as follows BTW

Intel Core i7 6700K

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

32GB RAM

512GB Samsung SM951

Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mid Tower Computer Chassis with USB 3.0

• Like 2

Is the calibration and button test working in the control panel/device list menu?

• Like 2

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Did you go get the latest drivers from Thustmaster for the stick and MFD's? I run mine under Win 10 with no issues FWIW.

• Like 2

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

no issues on windows 10 either

• Like 1

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Just an update. I could not resolve the Windows 10 USB problems with the Thurstmaster kit. The Throttle was recognised and auto-configured but I could not get the stick or MFDs recognised. Everything was listed and the working in the control panel/device list so I could go through and manually allocate relevant button settings one by one in the DCS controls config panel. Tedious but its now working and DCS runs like butter on ulta settings on my new rig.

From the resaerch I did to try to fix the problem it seems Windows 10 can be very tempremental about USB. I also encounted another problem which was the ASUS USB monitor I use for my cockpit only worked using one particular USB port, using any other caused some sort of clash/error.

Ho hum

There was a bios setting that others employed, IIRC. I'm sure google can find it quickly enough for others stuck in the same situation.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1