What is bottlenecking my DCS ?

Yes its because CPU is under water with a rig for SLI but I have no graphic card under water at this moment ☺

What are your VGA settings (the video card you're using - Control Panel)?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Its really simple ( I don't mean to come across as rude, and its not my intention to be doing so )... please post up a screenshot of your video card settings ( from your video card/ game profile/ and a screenshot of your ingame ( options/ graphics ) settings

if you haven't adjusted any of these ( and by the seems of it, you may not have ), you could be having 'forcing' problems

Edited by Wolf Rider

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

He posted the ingame settings of DCS on page 1 but it would really help to see the NV GUI settings

as you can mess up things considerably there if misadjusted. The ones I set is MAX PERF energy mode for GPU and SingleDisplay mode as i run only 1 screen.

When left in default the GPU is constantly changing MHz and powerstates.

Install and configure MSI Afterburner with Overlay in DCS to understand what your hardware does when. I constantly I have to reset the settings as updates and upgrades constantly reset one or the other. It's not a once done fixed forever thing. Keep an eye on it !

At 4.9 GHz your CPU and GPU should run like hell ;)

Check that your Windows Energy Settings are in HIGH PERFORMANCE and that no 3rd party software has added or modified the LOWEST allowed CPU cycles in your mode. t should be 100/100 min/max....or DCS has a stutter problem.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yes I benched with a lot of settings. Here are my settings to play over Bantumi with vsync and never go under 60fps :

gxkjiTO.jpg

Ny5ZXxY.png

I changed nothing in NVidia Control Panel or NVInspector.

Edited by dureiken

reho.st doesn't work here, mate

and VGA Control Panel settings weren't... hence the question - a true side by side comparison, without having to flick back and forward between different posts

its not that hard, is it?

Edited by Wolf Rider
  • Like 1

-

Just post it up through the forum, mate - please, just put it all up after this one, this post, on your next attempt

If its 'all the default', this is what we need to check, as a start, to help you further

Edited by Wolf Rider

-

Found it mate :)

Yes I benched with a lot of settings. Here are my settings to play over Bantumi with vsync and never go under 60fps :

Ny5ZXxY.png

I changed nothing in NVidia Control Panel or NVInspector.

Okay, from my limited lingual skills...

Turn

Anticrenelage Gamma Correction: to OFF negative (this one is a frame rate killer)

Anticrenelage - Transparence: to 4x

filrtage de texture - quality: to High Quality

Distortion LOD negative, to the other option(clamp)

Optimisation Threadee to Off (negative) because the sim is an old enterprise (no offense) and doesn't take advantage of multicore processing as such

Syncronistaion vertical: to ON (if you're running DCS 2.0 you will have to run the sim in fullscreen (ALT+ENTER ) mode, edit the applicable LUA file or set an Auotexecute file)

And I don't seem to see it, but turn the Frame Buffer (for OPENGL only function to OFF)

Edited by Wolf Rider

-

I tried a lot of new tests with your advices, here are my results :

xJrGhfD.png

As we can see again, with 20 000 for trees, Noshadow brings 5 fps.

It's strange but SW2 texture pack brings some fps.

Changing NVControlPanel as you said is worse, specially with Transparence x4

As these results are strange, I tried twice every bench and I tried with another track and CPU@4.7Ghz.

Exactly same results ! :)

Changing NVControlPanel as you said is worse, specially with Transparence x4

Was about to say the same, except Threaded optimization = off does help!

And overclocking CPU does not make any difference to FPS in my case...

• Like 1

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Dial your Traffic down to low... there's one of the bugbears of another FPS killer

and I don't know what 'SW texture pack" is... so, if you're using mods, you are at their mercy

Plus you don't delineate between all settings... only some

16x Anisotropic, is way too high :)

Also... judging by your Resolution, you seem to be using more than one monitor? If you are, unfortunately, the sim is still CPU bound and there isn't much hope for that on the horizon ( my settings are based on a single 1920x 1080 monitor )

cheers

Edited by Wolf Rider

-

Sw is starway dlc. It brings me fps ☺

I use one monitor in 4k.

fair enough mate

another gave similar regarding 4k monitor... not much help I can give ya there, except to start with a fresh vanilla (no addon/ no DLC) install and take it step by step, trying all graphics options first before bringing in the 'mods' ( Starway boasts high res textures - something to consider )

Hope you get it sorted

Edited by Wolf Rider

-