Is the IPV6 support coming soon, or is there any workaround to play with IPV6

Bobby-M.

Hello Everybody

Well me and my Friends have a problem, we cant play DCS in Multiplayer because we all have an ipv6 adresse.... The Internet Service Provider won´t switch to IPV4 because they dont have the capacity....

So my Question is : Is there a Workaround or any way to play DCS with ipv6 in Multiplayer

and when is the IPV6 support coming in DCS

Thanks

Interesting question, same matter here, ANY solution for the above standing matter? Thanks in advance

ASUS Maximus XI CODE Z390 | I9 9900K (5GHz)  | G-Skill TridentZ 32GB 4000MHz | RTX 3090Ti | Creative AE-9 | Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB | VR Headset HP Reverb G2 rev2

I had the same issue with my ISP but they finally gave in and switched me over to a true IPv4 segment.

Try harder, call them up every other day and complain. It worked on my end, depsite they said they dont have the capacity...they had...and still have..they switched all their customers back to IPv4 as too many complained.

germany, Quix Inexio IPS btw

p.s. I was double NATed and placed inside a masquearded network, reserved for large scale ISP subnets. The reason was to save expensive IPv4 addresses. IPv6 was not even fully enabled, which would have at least given me options for my own services outbound.

Some ISP's just suck big time and calling them feels like David vs Goliath...but dont stop, complain, complain and make a case out of it.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

as a side note...

my neighbour was also put on a masqueraded IPv4 Subnet lately due to "IPv4 shortage".

Long story short, they want 1,95€/month from him to set him on a public IPv4.

The letter they send after I complained on HelpDesk for him about it states that IPv6 is already available on that line, which is true. Bla Bla ..future of Internet..bla bla...we want money.

I have the same ISP ...I dont pay 1,95€/month ;) Quix Inexio ISP ( Feld und Wiesen ISP )

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Just FYI, internal version now supports IPv6 for LAN servers.

In order to support IPv6 over the Internet there is still work to do with logins and the master server.

Hey c0ff,

do you know if they made use of the "Multicast" Feature of v6 ?

This feature alone will make it worth to do the IPv6 recoding needed. A lot less traffic and overhead for the servers indeed. Better pings = better overall experience for ALL, less CPU overhead, less router stress, less everything but faster better simpler.

It really looks good looking at IPv6 from the gamers point of view.

The transition with the hicccups caused by ISP-mismanagement is a totally different story

until we reach a percentage of IPv6 usage that will make the thing tip towards v6.

Don't be afraid of IPv6, here is a freely translated statement form a Network Guru who's white paper I just read:

----------

IPv6:

There is no IP Address that you have to configure, you just plug in your device and boot it and have instant access to the net ( local and internet, to be clear ). If you exchange a router, you dont configure anything anywhere but JUST plug it in and boot it.

Even if your company gets a new IP address range assigned...you wont even notice the change that happens on the fly..no reboot..nowhere, no server or router that needs to cycle.......

Mouth watering future you could say...but why hasnt it THEN found its way into our daily lives...

--------

orig. text in german, quoted:

""

Um auf diesen Umstand noch einmal besonders hinzuweisen: bei IPv6 stellt

man keine IP-Adresse ein. Man startet sein Endgerät und hat Zugang zum

Netz. Wenn ein neuer Router im Netz installiert wird, stellt man

nirgendwo irgendwas ein und man bootet auch nicht, es funktioniert

einfach. Wenn ein Router entfernt wird, ebenfalls. Sogar wenn die

Firma einen anderen IP-Bereich zugewiesen bekommt, funktioniert das

einfach so auf allen Endgeräten. die Enduser merken nicht einmal, daß

sich etwas geändert hat.

Das sind Aussichten, bei denen heutigen Administratoren das Wasser im

Munde zusammenläuft, stellen doch bereits subtilste Veränderungen in der

Netzkonfiguration Supportabteilungen vor riesige Probleme. In manchen

Firmen werden die Rechner sogar per zentralem Schalter an der

Stromversorgung gebootet, damit sie sich morgens die aktuelle

Konfiguration per DHCP geben lassen!

Nun fragt man sich spätestens an dieser Stelle, wieso sich IPv6 noch

nicht durchgesetzt hat.

""

• 6 months later...
Hey c0ff,

do you know if they made use of the "Multicast" Feature of v6 ?

This feature alone will make it worth to do the IPv6 recoding needed. A lot less traffic and overhead for the servers indeed. Better pings = better overall experience for ALL, less CPU overhead, less router stress, less everything but faster better simpler.

It really looks good looking at IPv6 from the gamers point of view.

The transition with the hicccups caused by ISP-mismanagement is a totally different story

until we reach a percentage of IPv6 usage that will make the thing tip towards v6.

Don't be afraid of IPv6, here is a freely translated statement form a Network Guru who's white paper I just read:

----------

IPv6:

There is no IP Address that you have to configure, you just plug in your device and boot it and have instant access to the net ( local and internet, to be clear ). If you exchange a router, you dont configure anything anywhere but JUST plug it in and boot it.

Even if your company gets a new IP address range assigned...you wont even notice the change that happens on the fly..no reboot..nowhere, no server or router that needs to cycle.......

Mouth watering future you could say...but why hasnt it THEN found its way into our daily lives...

--------

orig. text in german, quoted:

""

Um auf diesen Umstand noch einmal besonders hinzuweisen: bei IPv6 stellt

man keine IP-Adresse ein. Man startet sein Endgerät und hat Zugang zum

Netz. Wenn ein neuer Router im Netz installiert wird, stellt man

nirgendwo irgendwas ein und man bootet auch nicht, es funktioniert

einfach. Wenn ein Router entfernt wird, ebenfalls. Sogar wenn die

Firma einen anderen IP-Bereich zugewiesen bekommt, funktioniert das

einfach so auf allen Endgeräten. die Enduser merken nicht einmal, daß

sich etwas geändert hat.

Das sind Aussichten, bei denen heutigen Administratoren das Wasser im

Munde zusammenläuft, stellen doch bereits subtilste Veränderungen in der

Netzkonfiguration Supportabteilungen vor riesige Probleme. In manchen

Firmen werden die Rechner sogar per zentralem Schalter an der

Stromversorgung gebootet, damit sie sich morgens die aktuelle

Konfiguration per DHCP geben lassen!

Nun fragt man sich spätestens an dieser Stelle, wieso sich IPv6 noch

nicht durchgesetzt hat.

""

So are there any news about this important topic? Wanted to host a game for a friend, but sadly we are both behind dualstack lite tunnels, which make it impossible to connect. Our isp make it a real pain in the ass to get actual dual stack(get business customer contract for 100 euros more a month).

Is there some way to play with our working and nice ipv6 addresses?

Pretty please?

EDIT:

Managed to get Hamachi to finally work after a good hour of fiddling. When it is correctly configured you can setup a server and have others join, even if you sit behind a NAT tunnel.

Edited by tranquillity

• 5 months later...
  • ED Team

FYI: DCS currently does support IPv6 except for the master server.

In order to play over IPv6-internet you have to create non-public server and connect by IP (or a domain name, if you have one).

If you play over LAN, most probably you already use IPv6 ;)

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 1 month later...

@C0ff

I' about to upgrade my isp contract to 100/6mbps in Germany and apparently, with this upgrade or change, i would automatically be given an ipv6 address only, no ipv4 anymore.

Do i understand you correctly; if my isp internet connection is ipv6 only, i would not see any multiplayer servers listed in dcs's online lobby, but would have to look up and write down server ip's on the forums/individual vfs websites, and then connect to a specific server via ip direct connect in game?

• 4 months later...

What seriously, ISPs in germany are already legally allowed to ONLY give an IPv6 adres? Lets set up a petition for the Bundesgerichtshof in Karlsruhe, guys (change.org), I'll gladly sign it guys. Current german internet policy (several new IP adresses within 24 hours and throttling to 2 Mbit after reaching 300 GB monthly are just to name a few things... this is my ISP O2 for example.)

Hope you guys find a way! :) (Btw where in Berlin u guys at? I am near Berlin too! :D )

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 years later...

Seems like hosting a server with IPv6 is possible by now (and can be deactivated through config entries). At least that's my takeaway from these ED developer comments: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4128060#post4128060

The new Voice Chat is apparently still limited to IPv4 only though (as of Dezember 2019).

Has anyone tested this yet (hosting on IPv6)?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hosting on IPv6 works ok, but your server won't be listed.

Hint: "Connect by IP" dialog accepts DNS names (and optional port number):

hostname.domain:port

Thanks, that's good to know! :thumbup:

Any plans to add IPv6 servers to the listed servers?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes.

The problems are how to 1) maintain backward compatibility 2) support dual IPv4/IPv6 servers.

I see. Thanks for the quick response! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg