GBU12 + JTAC

stalhuth

Any tutorial out there to deploy GBU12 using laser designator?, I'm trying using the mission editor but not luck (no mark). I saw some videos on youtube but are not tutorials

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Chucks guide goes in dept regarding this subject. Just type it in on google (chuck mirage 2000).

thank you sir

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

• 1 month later...

Use an infantryman in ME instead of a vehicle and obviously set as JTAC. Make sure he designates the target with a laser, and set weapon delivery as guided bombs in the ME. When in flight ensure radar is on and set to TAS weapons set up etc. And the key you need is magic slave a/g designate. Ensure that the diamond in the hud is near the target activate you magic slave go through the JTAC procedure and it works done it just the other day with current version.

Reason for the infantryman when I used a vehicle it kept telling me it had no targets.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Thanks Westr, with the INF work fine, but I can't see the cross of the JTAC and I can't launch the GBU.

What cross do you expect to see ?

The only cross you can see in HUD is a waypoint you entered in PCN (lat/ long/ alt) and < 10Nm. It isn't automatic :smilewink:

No laser spot tracker, sorry...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No use your map to get co-ordinates hover mouse over area and I believe you will see the

co-ordinates bottom left corner then input these into the INS. There are online tutorials and it seems daunting at first but it's actually quite simple. Basically you create a new waypoint then head to this below I think 7 miles something like that it will appear on the HUD. One thing I have noticed however is when inputting the second co-ordinate East I had to put a 0 before the start of the sequence of numbers before it would accept it, like I said watch the tutorial and it will become self apparent. Good luck :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The manual says that a cross appears when laser form JTAC is spotted.

Which manual? I'm about as certain as I can be that the M-2000C manual says no such thing. I think the only aircraft this is implemented in is the A-10A (Pave Penny pod emulation). I think the A-10C is still the only high fidelity aircraft in the sim that can cue the pilot to a laser spot, by putting the LITENING targeting pod into LSS mode.

To make sure it's clear: the Mirage 2000C is not capable of detecting laser spots, and therefore is not capable of indicating the position of such spots to the pilot. Releasing a GBU-xx in the Mirage is precisely the same as releasing a slick Mk-82.

In the page 75 of Chuck guide explains how launch GBU with JTAC.

Okay, I see - it's on page 90 of the current version (which is here). But a community created guide isn't "the manual" and can contain errors or confusing statements. (Mind you, the manual can contain errors too. :))

Anyway, where it says: Put diamond close to the target and press the “MAGIC SLAVE/AG DESIGNATE” button on your HOTAS. Target will be marked with a cross and will automatically be aligned to what is being lased by the JTAC. is worded in a misleading manner, making it sound like the JTAC lasing has something to do with the cross position on your HUD.

To make it clearer, the cross appears on your HUD at the position you designate in the first step (using the diamond and pressing the AG DESIGNATE button). The JTAC laser is not involved in any way. The CCRP with Mk-82 description on page 81 is clearer - deploying the GBU-12 is exactly the same as this. The cross will only be aligned with the target the JTAC is lasing if you happen to designate the same target.

Yes, with the map we can known the coordinates of the enemy but is unrealistic.
You can convert MGRS to L/L, e.g. http://www.earthpoint.us/Convert.aspx

Not super convenient and I think there used to be a mod to make the JTAC script provide Lat/Long coordinates instead of MGRS, but you could also use the F10 map to locate the position using the MGRS grid and then read the L/L coordinates. Won't be super accurate but with practice you can probably get good enough to put an LGB close enough to guide successfully.

Depending on the mission design, you may also already have some idea of where the target is to be able to acquire it; the waypoint does not do anything special for you other than provide a cue to help you work out where to place the CCRP diamond to designate your target for the Mirage's system.

Sorry, but I can't destroy the grounds units with the JTAC.

I follow this steps:

- PCA ON

- EL1 selected

- Radar ON

- Altimeter ON

- Mode TAS

- Call to JTAC and follow all instructions

- Modify WP with the latitude and longitude of the target

- Fly under position anb block manualy the target (laser of JTAC I can't see never?

I read that I only need block the target nearest of it, because the bomb is guided by the laser of JTAC.

Somebody has destroy units with the JTAC and M2KC?

I just tested laser bombing with the M2000 last week and it worked just fine. I created a small mission, where I put 3 tanks close to each other and a JTAC nearby. I then started the mission, flew to the target area, got in contact with the JTAC and dropped a bomb on one of the tanks. It was the wrong tank, because JTAC was lasing another one, but the bomb just corrected itself and followed the laser on the other tank and destroyed it. After that I destroyed the other two tanks.

There is no need for WPs and latitudes and longtitudes and all that stuff. Keep it simple for the start to reduce possibilities for errors. You can always increase complexity later on.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can't contact the jtac...i followed the chuck s guide put the radio su manual and the frequency to 245 ( Aldo in me chance tu 245).

I don t ave any response from jtac.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00LD utilizzando Tapatalk

Make sure you put the radio to manual mode, so it uses the frequency you selected. It is set to preset mode when you start. You can confirm if you're really using the selected frequency on the frequency display on the left front panel, whichs shows the actual frequency that is used.

Also check if you can contact ATC. If not, then you haven't set up your radios properly. If yes, then there is probably something wrong with your JTAC.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

In the hotas commands there are 2 relative to the radio.

I think dei select vhf or uhf i try also that commands and see the green led on the front panel frequency switch up and down but nothing.

I put in manual mode 245000

On the me i put on the jtac 245 Mhz in am like the guide.

In the hotas commands there are 2 relative to the radio.

I think dei select vhf or uhf i try also that commands and see the green led on the front panel frequency switch up and down but nothing.

I put in manual mode 245000

On the me i put on the jtac 245 Mhz in am like the guide.

Can you contact ATC?

Tornado3 small.jpg

No

Then you haven't set up your radios properly or you're using the wrong transmit button. If the correct frequency is displayed on the front panel display, then you're probably using the wrong transmit-button. I can't tell you which one you need to use right now. I'll have to check that later.

Tornado3 small.jpg

There are a few common communication issue causes:

1. Wrong or no radio being used.

2. Wrong frequency

3. Easy comms causing 1 and/or 2.

Look at the frequency repeater gauge on the left side of the panel (green numbers). This gauge has your UHF and V/UHF currently selected frequencies (guard may also be heard) and there are two round green lights which illuminate while you are transmitting on that radio.

Before and when you transmit, look at what frequency number is displayed (is it correct?) and watch for the green xmit light to accompany your message outbound (are you using the right radio?).

There are a few common communication issue causes:

1. Wrong or no radio being used.

2. Wrong frequency

3. Easy comms causing 1 and/or 2.

Look at the frequency repeater gauge on the left side of the panel (green numbers). This gauge has your UHF and V/UHF currently selected frequencies (guard may also be heard) and there are two round green lights which illuminate while you are transmitting on that radio.

Before and when you transmit, look at what frequency number is displayed (is it correct?) and watch for the green xmit light to accompany your message outbound (are you using the right radio?).

Oh, I wasn't aware, that it illuminates the when transmitting. That's nice :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

The radio for jtac is uhf or vhf ?

On The front panel which are up or down?

It s possible that i change the frequency in manual but it s in the wrong slot...

I see the green led when i select the radio on the hotas but no response. 245 Mhz am on mossion editor.

I symply put to manual put 245000 select the green led on the 245000 slot than use the menù tu contact jtac but nothing.

When i put manually the frequence how can i put it on uhf or vhf slot?

The radio for jtac is uhf or vhf ?

On The front panel which are up or down?

It s possible that i change the frequency in manual but it s in the wrong slot...

I see the green led when i select the radio on the hotas but no response. 245 Mhz am on mossion editor.

I symply put to manual put 245000 select the green led on the 245000 slot than use the menù tu contact jtac but nothing.

When i put manually the frequence how can i put it on uhf or vhf slot?

I have to check that stuff ingame when I'm home. Can't say it out of my head. I'll respond later if no solution has occured by then.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The JTAC works in UHF and you can't change the frequency in the plane, you must program in the mission editor before starting the mission.

Something about that is not true, because when I tested it last week I gave the JTAC a custom frequency which I then manually selected in the M2000.

But as I said, I need to check the exact working in the game when I'm home later, before I can say more.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The JTAC works in UHF and you can't change the frequency in the plane, you must program in the mission editor before starting the mission.

You can program a preset on UHF radio if you like, but you can also dial the frequency on V/UHF radio and use it in "M" mode (manual), as it works both in VHF and UHF ranges...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi