How to Beat Motion Sickness

Matt18C

As someone that has suffered from motion sickness since he was a kid:

- Ginger gum (helps with nausea)

- Seabands / relief band (some people say this is BS, but I swear it helps me, maybe placebo or mind over matter?)

- Low FOV or FPS (jitteryness) and any sort of head bobbing will make it worse.

- Dramamine

I also wonder, since having the window open in a car... if a small fan blowing in your face would help... never tried it though.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

No sickness here all good but then i have never suffered from motion sickness.

I,m suffering from insomnia i can't sleep since receiving my cv1 just want to fly all the time lol anyone else.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Try ginger and mint tea :)

I managed almost a solid 8 hours in DCS the other day and never felt sick at all.

From what I've heard though, you want to try to increase your time in the Rift by a little more each time, but never let yourself get to the point where you feel like you're gonna throw up. Most people will adapt somewhat, but a few don't. The above two will help you last a bit longer. Also, don't play on an empty stomach or drink something that will cause nausea, for example strong green tea which contains tannins.

Another suggestions: have a fan blowing at you and turn the volume up a bit while playing (not too loud!).

Edited by Whoa182

When I first started using cv1 about 5 weeks ago I got nauseous easily and I could feel its effects hours after taking off the Rift unit. Now, after flying for 5 weeks at about 45 minutes a day I have almost no problems anymore. Along with a single tablet of Dramamine I really don't have problems. At worst I now feel a few seconds of discomfort at times but it only lasts a few seconds and disappears. Stuff like Dramamine does seem to help but just getting used to the unit helps even more. In another few weeks or month I don't think I'll have any problems left and the issues will be totally gone.

I noticed that some people had issues when first using TIR. I never had issues with that. Everyone responds differently to this stuff.

Edited by JustVisiting