What is there still to be done for the Mig-21?

Jaktaz

I was wondering what Leatherneck still had on their plate for completing the Mig-21 module. Recently I've heard that the ASP sight is still a work in progress, and I've seen Leatherneck release a number of updates, one being a radar fix and another revising the lighting in the cockpit. I'm curious what fixes/adjustments Mig-21 still requires before it is 100%. I'm not talking about additional content, such as campaigns, but any knowledge on those would be nice.

I think there's the lights and some minor bugs still left but generally it's 99% done. Also I remember that dropping the BL755 cluster munitions and them impacting would cause a crash to nut I'll go check that just to make sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I think there's the lights and some minor bugs still left but generally it's 99% done. Also I remember that dropping the BL55 cluster munitions and them impacting would cause a crash to nut I'll go check that just to make sure.

Lights have been implemented recently but are still waiting to be released with the next update afaik.

see here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=166911

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ASP air to ground cannon aiming inaccuracy is certainly one of those bugs to be fixed

https://youtu.be/I5jZosfrqK4

Well are you sure that is a bug?

Is the ASP supposed to have Calculated Impact points for the cannon in the Air-ground mode (as its a pretty early system im leaning towards a probable no)

It might be one of those early sights where you manually have to adjust the sight deflection depending on speed ,range and dive angle.

Edited by mattebubben

Yeah I was just referring what is in the release version.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

At the 131 page of <DCS Mig21 . PDF> , it says :

"When in automatic mode, the ASP will draw the pipper

according to either Sapphire data (if the airborne/ground target is radar-locked), or pre-set distance,

target size and angular corrections that enable optimal use of ASP sight."

But it only works at A-G side in game

I was wondering what Leatherneck still had on their plate for completing the Mig-21 module. Recently I've heard that the ASP sight is still a work in progress, and I've seen Leatherneck release a number of updates, one being a radar fix and another revising the lighting in the cockpit. I'm curious what fixes/adjustments Mig-21 still requires before it is 100%. I'm not talking about additional content, such as campaigns, but any knowledge on those would be nice.

Major problems:

Dodgy flight model when the aircraft departs.

Broken ASP, not working as it should and in some cases being more capable than it is IRL.

RWR not working as it should.

+ plenty of other minor issues that can be found in other bugs subforum threads.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And since it isn't getting mentioned, let me add a minor one :

Unlike how it was for first half of it's existance, now cockpit tooltip labels will also be in Russian if you choose textures to be Russian.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

And since it isn't getting mentioned, let me add a minor one :

Unlike how it was for first half of it's existance, now cockpit tooltip labels will also be in Russian if you choose textures to be Russian.

I don't know if this is a bug. It might be intended to be like that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Makes sense, although, it would be nice to be able to choose between the available tool-tip languages if more are available (and on the general DCS level, not only MiG-21).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

For the first half of module's existance, it wasn't that way, and it isn't that way in other modules either. Whatever the language cockpit textures are, if my sim UI language is English, tooltips would also be English. So I doubt it is intented, and if intented I would consider that a quite strange choice.

Not a huge deal for me since I know great majority of the switches already at this point. But it would be an issue for someone just starting but doesn't want to change original look of cockpit.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I would also like to have the Russian cockpit but with tooltips in English.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Well are you sure that is a bug?

Is the ASP supposed to have Calculated Impact points for the cannon in the Air-ground mode (as its a pretty early system im leaning towards a probable no)

It might be one of those early sights where you manually have to adjust the sight deflection depending on speed ,range and dive angle.

Did you read the manual? Did you try the A-G tutorial?

878482529_.PNG.a741f0e7713cb4e06f601a7696a6b14a.PNG

1848087505_1.PNG.8800ad532ea52d35434765a4c0441f1d.PNG

Edited by Harle

Major problems:

Dodgy flight model when the aircraft departs.

Broken ASP, not working as it should and in some cases being more capable than it is IRL.

RWR not working as it should.

+ plenty of other minor issues that can be found in other bugs subforum threads.

These hit the nail on the head for me, especially the Flight Model.

There seems to be a weird jump between normal flight & stalled wing where the physics model bugs out, indeed i've managed to get trapped in the state where it appears the airflow has no bearing on the flight model whatsoever.

The asp is also a major sticking point, though it kind of half works true to life in some modes, and let's not forget the weapon selector and IR/Switch which in real life are preference selectors, not absolute as we have in the sim (this makes dogfighting much harder than it needs to be).

And the worst of all ;) the radar contact symbols are still inverted! despite being fixed, supposdley many months ago

Just as a reminder, for anyone who wants English tooltips when the cockpit is in Russian, all You need to do is edit the fifth line of "hint_localizer.lua" file, changing RU to EN. Or create a mini-mod with JSGME-selectable copy of this edited file.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Did you read the manual? Did you try the A-G tutorial?

[ATTACH]142812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]142813[/ATTACH]

I don't recall there being a sight dampening button being in the controls options. Anyone else find it?

Guys, you forgot about one of most important problem: navigation. RSBN have only little common with RL, should work like in L-39, ARK almost in the same situation. In my opinion navigation in this module should be built one more time almost from scratch.

Yup the dampening button is the lock button, got changed in a patch a while ago as before that the lock button would unlock the target if pressed again.

Guys, you forgot about one of most important problem: navigation. RSBN have only little common with RL, should work like in L-39, ARK almost in the same situation. In my opinion navigation in this module should be built one more time almost from scratch.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't have the L39 so not sure how it's supposed to work.:thumbup: