Multiplayer friendlies in TAD

Dennis323f

Hello fellow flyers,

I'm playing DCS for a while but i'am pretty new in the multiplayer sessions (and on this forum, already lovin it:thumbup:).Maybe can some of you helping me out with the TAD.

The senario is as follow; you are flying in your "badass warthog" and you mate is in his flying machinegun. You do some formation flying and on some point you lose each other in a battle. Can you find your friend back by using the TAD? Or maybe some other friendly forces that are not directly your wingman but just in the same team?

Sorry for my bad English sometimes, I hope you guys understand my questions..:book:

You have to make sure that you guys are using the same group ID and Net ID (they are both just simply numbers, e.g. 45) and then you should see your buddy as a circle and a small line poking out of it indicating his heading on your tad. if you don't see him, zoom out a bit more, maybe he's out of the TAD's view for the certain zoom.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Yes, when you're in the TAD, find the "NET" option on the right hand side. You can then set a group ID and a own ID. Make sure your group ID is the same as your buddies, and then set own IDs. Own ID's don't really matter (just make sure your own ID's arent the same)- as long as you're in the same group, the other A-10s will appear purple on the TAD instead of green, making them much easier to find. Of course the JTRS must be on.

EDIT: Ninja'd by JazonXD

Also, to build upon what JazonXD and Kippy wrote, if you have the TAD as your SOI and slew the cursor over your wingman and press TMS up short, you will hook him and he will show up on your HUD as a dotted box.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Definitely gonna use your tip masterzelgadis. Love the way everybody helped each other on this forum.

Definitely need more practice in multiplayer to do everything right... Maybe more guys with teamspeak to learn some procedures.

Tnx everybody!