Huey Playground - practice mission

Reflected

Hi All,

I created a mission that is more than just a free flight. You will start from a heli pad with your engine off. You can practice takeoffs, landings, autorotations, etc... or you can go for one of the tasks:

Slick:

- A Huey crashed South of the airfield. Pick up the crew and bring them back to the airfield.

- A LRP team is in a tight spot on the Southern edge of Chakva. under relentless NVA fire coming from the other side of the bridge. Get them out of there!

- Transport the cargos from the port of Batumi and the Northern side of Ahalsopeli back to the base.

Gunship:

- Take out the supply column East of Erge

- Take out the transport column driving to Batumi along the river. Beware of the AAA!

Enjoy, and let me know what you think. I'm not an experienced mission builder, so don't expect something too fancy, but it's a good practice scenario.

:joystick:

I tried both pickup missions, worked just fine. And the LRP-team spawned some enemies close by that I could fire at. Not too many enemies, just enough for a good training run.

Only thing is that I couldn't disembark the teams in the normal fashion, I had to disembark them through emergency disembark. Don't know if it's the mission design or the disembark feature itself that causes this (I don't trust it, I don't use it). But hey, it don't mean nothing - the pickup missions work and that's all that matters. So to conclude: a good balanced playground on the pickup part. A fine training tool for fresh pilots :)

I tried both pickup missions, worked just fine. And the LRP-team spawned some enemies close by that I could fire at. Not too many enemies, just enough for a good training run.

Only thing is that I couldn't disembark the teams in the normal fashion, I had to disembark them through emergency disembark. Don't know if it's the mission design or the disembark feature itself that causes this (I don't trust it, I don't use it). But hey, it don't mean nothing - the pickup missions work and that's all that matters. So to conclude: a good balanced playground on the pickup part. A fine training tool for fresh pilots :)

That`s a good question, I don't know how disembarking works in ME, so I always press the "Emergency disembarking" button :)

Hi

From a complete rookie :

- first pick up easy

- enemies are mean bastards

- second pick up I get lost, radio cease to function ??? I stil have problem to deal with radio then it must be me

Anyway nice job, I think a good mission for beginers.

Thanks

• 3 months later...