DCS World update June 24, 2016

SkateZilla

Enjoying the new beta release, but there are 2 other issues I've noticed not discussed yet (menu at startup, view and tracking):

1. Did a random mission at dawn, and had the VR change the overall brightness depending on where I looked, in discrete and noticeable steps.. Kind of like changing the brightness of a monitor depending on where I was looking in the cockpit

2. I get a random control event usually not long after take off. It only happens once or so per mission but I'll be flying along towards my IP and suddenly there will be huge control input and the plane usually flips, or goes into a big spin. If I'm at altitude this is recoverable!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want whatever you're smoking.

• Multiplayer. New integrity check system*
  • Multiplayer. New extrapolation algorithm
  • Multiplayer. Added an input adjustment possibility

These are all *huge* improvements.

I love the new controller unplug thingy! I use complex TM profiles and would have to stop start DCS. Not any more!!!!

Great update!

I kinda like the TrackIR movement outside of the aircraft. I don't know if it's meant to be like that but I like it. Would be nice if there was an option to turn it off and on so that we can get similar options for the TrackIR like VR has.

However first of all I need my 6DOF view back. :pilotfly:

• ED Team
Sorry, very poor update :\ I hope many important issue (like the view, Track IR problems and this new VR opitions) will be solved soon.....

You sound like someone that should avoid Open Betas in the future, they are for this very reason, to identify issues before release. This build was released to the internal team not long before it was released to Open Beta. This is a phase of testing, its not for everyone.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You sound like someone that should avoid Open Betas in the future, they are for this very reason, to identify issues before release. This build was released to the internal team not long before it was released to Open Beta. This is a phase of testing, its not for everyone.
The point we are all trying to make is it's hard to identify any issues when the sim is unplayable. I'm glad you're not experiencing any problems, but 1.5.4 is not an option for many of us. I reverted with no qualms, but it's at ED's loss, not mine.

And, given you're an ED representative on these forums, a less patronizing and more understanding approach would be nice. It's even more frustrating when all we get for reporting these gamebreaking issues is snarky comments and "PS" posts on your side.

No disrespect, just a friendly suggestion. :D We're here to help with OBs, but it's hard to do so with the current circumstances.

Edited by Gliptal
  • Like 2

• ED Team
The point we are all trying to make is it's hard to identify any issues when the sim is unplayable. I'm glad you're not experiencing any problems, but 1.5.4 is not an option for many of us. I reverted with no qualms, but it's at ED's loss, not mine.

And, given you're an ED representative on these forums, a less patronizing and more understanding approach would be nice. It's even more frustrating when all we get for reporting these gamebreaking issues is snarky comments and "PS" posts on your side.

It's Open Beta, things like this are to be expected, when people make snarky comments about poor updates, of course I am going to come back. All the reports made by users on this have been noted and reported, the extra comments are not needed and not welcome.

Again, if you dont like running into things that make the game unplayable, dont play Open Beta, its simple. Nothing patronizing about it. Its a simple fact.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Really Interesting changes that improve DCS World. I believe most of people were expecting such changes. Especialy the Integrity check & MultiPlayer will be better.

Thank you ED.

Just a question.

Will be the New Caucasus textures from Starways implemented by ED to replace the Old one?

Thank you In advance.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

I can't remember the last time I got hyped so much about a feature of an update such as this rework of extrapolation algorithm. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet and probably won't for a while, but this alone could be a total game changer. If it works as I think it does then network stability will shrink in importance as you won't have people desync warping 10s of miles back and forth making any missiles fired at them immediately go dumb, and also dropping them on your sensors. It'll also rid us of the never ending annoyonce of people warping back and forth in front of your gunsight even on stable connections with no lag (IMO when it comes to dogfighting this is the most ridiculous and annoying thing). Combine this with improved server stability and this will go a very long way. Keep up the good work and don't be discouraged by all the negative talks.

Anyway that's how I imagine it, I have no idea what the actual rework of the algorithm will perform. I saw that c0ff said it'll get rid of the warps but despite all our optimisim only time and practice will tell what it really does. However I have no doubt if it isn't perfect right away, it'll evolve over time. :)

• ED Team
Really Interesting changes that improve DCS World. I believe most of people were expecting such changes. Especialy the Integrity check & MultiPlayer will be better.

Thank you ED.

Just a question.

Will be the New Caucasus textures from Starways implemented by ED to replace the Old one?

Thank you In advance.

ED is working on their own textures with 2.5 as far as I understand it, Starways' will remain an option though.

64Sig.png

No disrespect, just a friendly suggestion. :D We're here to help with OBs, but it's hard to do so with the current circumstances.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED is working on their own textures with 2.5 as far as I understand it, Starways' will remain an option though.

Thank you Sith :thumbup:

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

===============

1.5.4 Open-Beta Update

===============

If I go to Options\Controls to change aircraft, upon exiting I am greeted with a jet black screen that just is there to look at. I have to bring up Task Manager to close DCS.

Instead of going into Options\Controls and direct to Multiplayer or the other SP choices, I am fine.

It was working fine before the update as I usually am in the Open-Beta because the Snap Views function better there. (The Snap Views issues in 1.5 Stable and 2.0 was reported a few months ago, still do not work properly.)

I used the Torrents process to load the update.

Something get corrupted?

I did a repair, got the same outcome.

Can't go back, Restore did not function properly.

Now, troubleshooting the Restore issue.

Not complaining, just stating what's going on, on my end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

===============

1.5.4 Open-Beta Update

===============

If I go to Options\Controls to change aircraft, upon exiting I am greeted with a jet black screen that just is there to look at. I have to bring up Task Manager to close DCS.

Instead of going into Options\Controls and direct to Multiplayer or the other SP choices, I am fine.

It was working fine before the update as I usually am in the Open-Beta because the Snap Views function better there. (The Snap Views issues in 1.5 Stable and 2.0 was reported a few months ago, still do not work properly.)

I used the Torrents process to load the update.

Something get corrupted?

I did a repair, got the same outcome.

Can't go back, Restore did not function properly.

Now, troubleshooting the Restore issue.

Not complaining, just stating what's going on, on my end.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2821188&postcount=39

We just made another multicrew test with the albatros. We connected to servers were our ping lie between 150 and 300.

Thanks to the new multiplayer extrapolation algorithm the "jet-disassembling during lag"-'bug' seems to be totaly gone!!!

Its just plain awesome to fly multicrew now.

I think 1.5.4 was/is (one of) the most important patch since a long time ...

regards,

da WW

Edited by Wunderwolf

Am I the only one who has to select the oculus rift as the default audio output before entering DCS?

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Am I the only one who has to select the oculus rift as the default audio output before entering DCS?

Nope, I have to do that as well. I don't see it as a problem though...

However, the horizon is tilted in VR. That is a MAJOR problem. Please fix this with high priority!

And heat blur only shows in my right eye, worked in both before the update.