[REPORTED]The trim does not work in flight.

having FFB racing wheels plugged in while playing DCS has broken trim for aaaages.

I remember running into it at least a year ago when I was playing Assetto Corsa frequently.

Unplug the wheel, trim works again.

Nice to see a fix is finally in the works.

Practice makes perfect.

1.5.4.55169 friday's update.

The problem is still here.

I have to choose between rudder or trim...

I have a Warthog combo and a G940 stick with rudder. I fly modern era fighters with G940 rudder and Warthog throttle w/ stick and old WWII birds with G940 stick, warthog throttle and G940 rudder.

No problem so far until 1.5.4.

FFB tick box in option doesn't change anything.

Goz.

My french squad: http://www.3rd-wing.net

Beta-tester for http://lotatc.dartsite.org

1.5.4.55169 friday's update.

The problem is still here.

I have to choose between rudder or trim...

I have a Warthog combo and a G940 stick with rudder. I fly modern era fighters with G940 rudder and Warthog throttle w/ stick and old WWII birds with G940 stick, warthog throttle and G940 rudder.

No problem so far until 1.5.4.

FFB tick box in option doesn't change anything.

Goz.

I have exactly the same case, Warthog and G940 rudder pedals. And the problem begun with the 1.5.4 version. I can´t fly the A-10C without trim :mad:

>>> why the developers do not completely remove the function ffb <<< until they can resolve this, because it is impossible to fly. I have the Warthog and I not want to be flying without a rudder. I will not be unplugging my pc controls every time I get in the game (even more than 1.5.4 after the game lives giving crash). And worst of all, the only option we had to fly with trim that worked was the Ralt + J and does not work anymore, I am extremely disappointed. and this is the only game which a beta takes 1 week to have 1 update fix.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Again we had an update and did not have a fix for the FFB.

I would like to understand what it is for the Beta if what is reported is not fixed and is still taken to the final version with the same bugs.

Worse still took the best form of correction that was the ALT J, unfortunately I will be forced to stop reporting and even stop flying DCS.

Edited by Adail Freitas

I have stopped playing DCS since last week, come here and I feel dissappointed again seeing the trimming problem still remains. Don't know what to say now. Switching to racing for a while is an only option. See you guys next week.

• ED Team

correct, no fix yet, devs still working on it, if I have any news and I am allowed to share it I will

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm so glad I decided to take a look in this thread. I had been posting in the F-5 thread that the trim was not working. So... turns out it's a much broader issue. I have the G940 alone. No extra peripherals. I have also tested FFB on and off.

I stopped using FFB with my G940 because no one can seem to get all the aircraft to work correctly with it so I just got tired of turning it on and off. But now obviously no trim sucks.

Well I'm glad to hear that the devs are aware of it and working on the fix. I had just cleared my controls to default before this trying to figure it out. Looks like at this point I'll be downgrading back so I can actually fly.

I'm totally willing to help test to get this issue fixed if needed. Just shoot me a PM if your looking for someone to test the FFB stuff.

I have tested the F-15, Su-33, Su-27, A-10C and the F-5. None of those have working trim. Good luck and hope to see a fix soon.

I found this workaround on an inofficial "MS Vista" Forum. Works for me on Win7 64bit. No deleting or renaming of registry Files needed.

"...fixed it by disabling direct input from detecting that the stick is Force Feedback capable.

Basically, with RegEdit,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/MediaProperties/PrivateProperties/Joystick/OEM/VID_045E&PID_001B/OEMForceFeedback

I change the above keys permission to EVERYONE - {"Full Control","Read"} - DENY . Now when I run dxdiag, the stick is not detected as Force Feedback capable anymore [...] Before making the permission change, DXDIAG had a value for the Force Feedback Driver, now it's "n/a". "

I found this workaround on an inofficial "MS Vista" Forum. Works for me on Win7 64bit. No deleting or renaming of registry Files needed.

"...fixed it by disabling direct input from detecting that the stick is Force Feedback capable.

Basically, with RegEdit,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/MediaProperties/PrivateProperties/Joystick/OEM/VID_045E&PID_001B/OEMForceFeedback

I change the above keys permission to EVERYONE - {"Full Control","Read"} - DENY . Now when I run dxdiag, the stick is not detected as Force Feedback capable anymore [...] Before making the permission change, DXDIAG had a value for the Force Feedback Driver, now it's "n/a". "

Cool... I'm gonna try that right now and see if it works. Thanks for the insight.

Trimm do not work here

Trim does not work to. G940 logitech. forcefeedback On or Off, all the same - does not work. :(

It seems to me, does not work "off force feedback". Behaves like "On".

Actually, FFB doesn't work!!!

Same here with mine G940 and i have too Hotas Warthog and trim do not work, but only in multiplayer. Single player is fine.

Edited by marcoacv

Basically, with RegEdit,

It works! Thanks for the workaround!

Same problem here, but with an non ffb stick (Saitex X52)!

So the workaround won't work for me since i have nothing about ffb in my registry. Horrible times flying the gazelle right now...

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Basically, with RegEdit,

It works!! you saved my day! I've been out of SU-27 since 1.5.4! I have a G940

The thread was started by people like me, who own non-FFB sticks + other FFB controllers and suffered from inop trims, so a different problem to FFB issues reported by FFB-stick users.

All I can say is, the former case is closed, as trim functions got back to normal. No idea about FFB sticks functionality, though, You'll have to test it Yourself.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.