Thanks for the new external view capabilities, ED!

rrohde

Just a shoutout to ED for allowing head-tracking while using outside views (F2, etc.). This brings a whole new level of being able to get up-and-personal with my fav DCS planes.

Also, it seems as if the view in F2 is almost eye-level (almost....), and the head-tracking allows me to get closer; positioning the camera next to an aircraft results in much better screenshots to be had. The overall external view experience is much improved.

Also, head-tracking now works when ejecting and while dangling on that chute! Nice! :thumbup:

I only wish that, while inside the cockpit, the mouse would *not* move the head, simply because that leads to a slanted view with TrackIR. Otherwise, good stuff!

Before, I wasn't able to take screenshots like the ones attached using F2 - so once again, thanks ED!

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, the mouse is still in control; trackIR is just an addition. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Nice screenshots :thumbup:

That's a great addition indeed! And I'm pretty sure the skilled video editors will put that to good use for smooth and cool camera movements and angles.

It's probably still a WiP feature and we'll hopefully get a configuration option to disable it without pausing the headtracking…

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Is there a way to turn it off, honestly not a big fan with the trackIR controlling the external view.

well yea I know the mouse is also working, but the trackir is always on, I don't want to press pause all the time to stop it from tracking. I rather have that off all together.

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

At first I thought this to be cool, also. Until I happened to take a ride in Combined Arms.

When you switch to the isometric view (somehow the closest to "Commander standing in the turret") this is brilliant!

Good overview of your formation, sourroundings and lay of the land. Even quick glance at possible air threats.

Unfortunately in GUNSIGHT view this nice feature makes it virtually impossible to target anything unless you deactivate TrackIR and center the view.

It basically breaks CA in that perspective.

So we NEED two things, an option to deactivate the VR View in game(!) with a button/command AND an automatic deactivation when entering a gunner position in CA, so we can hit something. (Key option could be a workaround, but long term a automatic deactivation is better).

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why don't you use the pause function of TIR? (F9 by default)

Great feature, thanks ED! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a way to turn it off, honestly not a big fan with the trackIR controlling the external view.

+1

So we NEED two things, an option to deactivate the VR View in game(!) with a button/command AND an automatic deactivation when entering a gunner position in CA, so we can hit something. (Key option could be a workaround, but long term a automatic deactivation is better).

As I wrote in other thread this will be loved or hated feature. For that reason it should be controlled by an option.

Saying I love it and have those that don't forced to pause the TrackIR every single time when going to external view is just not fair.

More or less for those that dont want to use it, it will be the same feature as having to hit enter to reset view to default every time when entering the pit. Actully even more frustrating as it happens much often.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Just a shoutout to ED for allowing head-tracking while using outside views (F2, etc.). This brings a whole new level of being able to get up-and-personal with my fav DCS planes.

Also, it seems as if the view in F2 is almost eye-level (almost....), and the head-tracking allows me to get closer; positioning the camera next to an aircraft results in much better screenshots to be had. The overall external view experience is much improved.

Also, head-tracking now works when ejecting and while dangling on that chute! Nice! :thumbup:

I only wish that, while inside the cockpit, the mouse would *not* move the head, simply because that leads to a slanted view with TrackIR. Otherwise, good stuff!

Before, I wasn't able to take screenshots like the ones attached using F2 - so once again, thanks ED!

+1

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Because I have only two hands, need to switch from "Commander" into the gunner's seat, keep driving the damn Tank, acquire the target, deactivate TrackIR (SHIFT+F9), then center the view NUM5, in parallel lase/range the target, select the munition, still keep driving the Tank and then shoot before the enemy does, which already has tremendous advantage through omnivisual AI seeing through everything, once they know I'm there?

I really like the option, but at least in the CA gunner seat this needs to be deactivated by default!

Imagine everytime you get into a Jet the default view is HUD only and you need to "just press F1" to get back into the 3D cockpit... I mean really every time you have a look at the F10 map or use a snapview! :joystick:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It's nice in external views. However it seems that the same behavior is in the cockpit view. Can the the behavior for the cockpit be reverted? I can't look all the way back any more and if I move the mouse (su-27) the center of the view changes. Also is it me or is the cockpit z axis not working?

I can't look all the way back any more and if I move the mouse (su-27) the center of the view changes. Also is it me or is the cockpit z axis not working?

Same here in the Su-27 but I think it's a known issue. I didn't have the time to fix it on my version but that thread should tell you how to do it.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Does pressing LAlt+C helps with mouse-interference issues? (don't have beta installed, just proposing a workaround) EDIT: I was thinking of in airplane cockpit view.

Edited by Pitot

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

I have the Track IR Pause and Center commands mapped to my mouse side buttons, especially for CA.

WC

This is a workaround, not a solution.

It has been added to the bugtracker.

I have no problem with this in CA in general.

But in gunsight view the sight moves with your head which is certainly a bug!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

I will double check and report any issues w/ combined arms view handing tonight, (will also double check w/ VR)

to Sum up the issue:

in Combined Arms, TrackIR and Mouse both fight and control the turret views?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I only wish that, while inside the cockpit, the mouse would *not* move the head, simply because that leads to a slanted view with TrackIR.

Have you tried to edit view.lua from Config folder within your DCS folder installation? It has a line (4):

CockpitMouse = true --false

You can make it and usually disables it:

CockpitMouse = false --true

I don't have the latest beta but I think people could search a bit within the files before jumping of the window because a novelty. Or maybe is WIP as suggested above and surely a toggleable function will be added.

For example there is a line (34):

ExternalMouse = true

That activates/deactivates the use of mouse in external view so maybe now there is another one for TIR/Headtracking.

Also you could check the default.lua files from input/Headtracking or input/TrackIr folder within each module. It cold have new axes added for this feature.

And finally those axes could show directly in axes controls in TIR/Headtracking column and they can be removed.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I will double check and report any issues w/ combined arms view handing tonight, (will also double check w/ VR)

to Sum up the issue:

Edit: this has already been reported.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Have you tried to edit view.lua from Config folder within your DCS folder installation? It has a line (4):

I don't have the latest beta but I think people could search a bit within the files before jumping of the window because a novelty. Or maybe is WIP as suggested above and surely a toggleable function will be added.

LALT+C will toggle mouse from Axes control to Cursor to stop for now until a fix is made.

to Sum up the issue:

Groove already added it in Mantis.

Details: the mouse still controls the turret/aiming point of the gun, while the TrackIR controls the view. Unfortunately in gunsight view (F1, no isometric) the range scale and target cross is linked and moved with the TrackIR, while the gun fires at the point the mouse is aiming at.

That makes it impossible to aim at anything until you pause TrackIR and center your viewpoint again with NUM5...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

For example there is a line (34):

ExternalMouse = true

That activates/deactivates the use of mouse in external view so maybe now there is another one for TIR/Headtracking.

Also you could check the default.lua files from input/Headtracking or input/TrackIr folder within each module. It cold have new axes added for this feature.

And finally those axes could show directly in axes controls in TIR/Headtracking column and they can be removed.

Again, this is a workaround, not a solution.

I like the feature, it simply introduced a severe bug to the gunners view in CA.

The view option is brilliant and fantastic in isometric view, giving you a commander standing in the turret view.

Just the F1 gunsight needs to deactivate the VR view so the range scale and target cross is linked to the mouse, only, not to the head movement!

Shagrat

Just the F1 gunsight needs to deactivate the VR view so the range scale and target cross is linked to the mouse, only, not to the head movement!

I agree with this.

I think DCS used to mix the axes set in General Tab with the ones in Ground Unit, maybe it's still the case and axes assignation should be checked on both.

As I said I don't have latest 1.54 beta and I can't test but in principle I like the feature... minus the nuisances that will be solved one way or the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least