Gsync/Nvidia drivers

When G sync works in game, it works well, however G sync seems to pick and choose which Nvidia driver it works well with. I'm not 100% sure if my g sync is working properly; I get constant micro-stutters. For those of you with flawless G sync performance, what is the best Nvidia driver to use? Thanks!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

For me, using Starways texture package in 1.54 open beta works perfectly, and solves stutters.

I do as well, however the stutters, which occur about every 5 seconds for about 1/4 seconds, are noticeable.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I do as well, however the stutters, which occur about every 5 seconds for about 1/4 seconds, are noticeable.

I'm sorry to hear that, I have same chip and have actually taken it back to stock speeds. I didn't see any improvement except for dx9 games. And it cured some hangups.

With a system like that you must be considering adding more Ram?

It has helped others having your issue.

SLi has caused stuttering also. I would assume you do turn it off?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

With a system like that you must be considering adding more Ram?

It has helped others having your issue.

SLi has caused stuttering also. I would assume you do turn it off?

I have increased my RAM to 16gb, just forget to update my signature. I have SLi on, I haven't had stuttering issues in previous versions, but would not be surprised if this is somehow SLi related.

davidzill,

Are you using a GPU control program like EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

davidzill,

Are you using a GPU control program like EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner?

Yes indeed, EVGA Precision

So did some testing; barely noticeable 1.5.3 if just normal stutter from terrain features (trees/buildings). 1.5.4 beta single player, almost a constant rhythmic stutter, multiplayer very pronounced. I use G sync, not V sync, with SLi, SLi NVI profile is set to the correct settings for SLi.

davidzill,

You may be suffering the stutters because you have SLI enabled. SLI is currently not working in DCS world. There are people who have found settings and claiming it works for them, but for most SLI users the stutters remain and the performance gain from SLI just isn't there.

Try disabling SLI in your nvidia profile for DCS to see if the stutters go away.

Also check your hardware polling period in EVGA Precision X. I've attached a screenshot that explains this a bit. I've got mine set to 1000ms on my GTX 980ti FTW, but on my old GTX 680's I had to set this to 5000ms to stop my stutters. It's just GPU power dependent.

Hope this helps.

precision.thumb.jpg.8f9c83131b0d0a1ebf3b028b7f6cc91a.jpg

Edited by Winston 60

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

davidzill,

You may be suffering the stutters because you have SLI enabled. SLI is currently not working in DCS world. There are people who have found settings and claiming it works for them, but for most SLI users the stutters remain and the performance gain from SLI just isn't there.

Try disabling SLI in your nvidia profile for DCS to see if the stutters go away.

Also check your hardware polling period in EVGA Precision X. I've attached a screenshot that explains this a bit. I've got mine set to 1000ms on my GTX 980ti FTW, but on my old GTX 680's I had to set this to 5000ms to stop my stutters. It's just GPU power dependent.

Hope this helps.

I don't know whats worse; stuttering on SLI or without SLI. Its definately not SLi related; I been using the SLi NVI profiles for sometime with no issues. Recent 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 updates have been when the stuttering issue started

Edited by davidzill

I'm assuming you have no other programs running in the background and your Windows install is "lean and mean"? How many icons are in the lower right of your desktop tray? Too many things eating CPU cycles and system RAM can also cause stutters. Disabling unnecessary programs and features could help, and don't forget to disable anti-virus to see if that helps.

Otherwise.... well, dunno then. I just dumped my SLI 680's (never could get stutter free with SLI enabled in ver 1.5 no matter what inspector settings I tried) in favor of a single 980ti.

Lack of proper SLI support in DCS is a serious issue and may not be resolved for quite some time. I understand that you may have had it working previously, but recent patches could have exacerbated the issue even more.

I wouldn't insist on running SLI until it's properly fixed by ED. Actually, right now, there's no fps increase to be had even if you were to get SLI working. Just try disabling it altogether, increase your hardware polling in Precision, clean up any unnecessary programs that might be running and try a few flights.

Don't cost nothin' except a few minutes monkeying around.

Best of luck.