List all the free 3d models here:

SuperKungFu

hello,

when you speak about SFP1 3D model .. you speak about this type of models ?

Just look ...

before any release, we must request to TK (Thirdiwre manager and F-4E owner)

but SFP1 models works fine.

and other Mirage Factory models could be upgraded for LO...

:thumbup:

I dont think ThirdWire has anything to do with 3rd party mods, them all being freeware

Not unless the model is not 3rd party, but MADE by Thirdwire, as in the case of the phantom in the screenshot :music_whistling:

... And I doubt Thirdwire is going to grant permission :ermm:

I needed a break from studying, so I threw this together :) I should mention though that I don't have 3DSmax, this is being done in a CAD programme. However, CAD models are supposed to be converted into 3-view drawings ;) So if there are any volunteers that do have 3DS7 I will gladly produce detailed drawings for them including dimensions (painstakingly worked out from Google Earth and a few precious photos, lol) to make building the model as easy as possible.

Don't expect much in the coming weeks though, I have 2 exams that will require most of my time.

HEN1.thumb.jpg.2f5a5a53cc291f20211aaf233e626269.jpg

HEN2.thumb.jpg.e86dde92b108affaa17e828035b992f7.jpg

HEN3.thumb.jpg.44cf2ff1b38294c18830d91cb34b5492.jpg

• Like 1

I just dug up my old 3dmax8.0, i was wondering why my uncle gave this to me, now it has a purpose. Anyway, i just took one of my MS2004 planes but i dunno how to import it into 3dmax. I believe it has to be in a .3ds file? Is there a way to covert that or maybe I'm looking in the wrong folder of MS2004. I'm just looking within the aircraft folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SK, glad you like it :) You don't happen to have some reference material (photos of the building in the center, accurate quotes on any dimensions) on this monster, do you? I mean, it's basically your field of expertise ;) and my command of Russian, while improving, is still very basic. In particular, anything that will allow a decent estimation of the height of any part of the complex would be most gratefully received. With, for the most part, only Google Earth's top-down view of the building to work with it was quite a challenge to get my head around some of the facility's geometry (usually by examining how it casts shadows). The fact that the other high-res one at Mukachevo appears to be a slighly different version (same with the one at Olenegorsk that seems to be shown on most photos I could find) didn't help either.

I just dug up my old 3dmax8.0, i was wondering why my uncle gave this to me, now it has a purpose. Anyway, i just took one of my MS2004 planes but i dunno how to import it into 3dmax. I believe it has to be in a .3ds file? Is there a way to covert that or maybe I'm looking in the wrong folder of MS2004. I'm just looking within the aircraft folder.

Don't search any longer. the Fs9 models are .mdl.

While Microsoft released Gmax plugin to export models to .mdl format, you can not import them back.Same with Ed Plugin, one way. You can export your work but you cannot import other people's. Thats their argument.

Although for .mdl, there is an indirect long way to import them back to max, with a high % of success.

sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg

Not unless the model is not 3rd party, but MADE by Thirdwire, as in the case of the phantom in the screenshot :music_whistling:

... And I doubt Thirdwire is going to grant permission :ermm:

Yeah but alot of them models ARE 3rd party. Just so long as you dont take the ones directly from cd and use them for something else.

Don't search any longer. the Fs9 models are .mdl.

While Microsoft released Gmax plugin to export models to .mdl format, you can not import them back.Same with Ed Plugin, one way. You can export your work but you cannot import other people's. Thats their argument.

Although for .mdl, there is an indirect long way to import them back to max, with a high % of success.

Dammit, i was hoping i can add this to replace lock on's F-14

F14F13.jpg

F14F14.jpg

F14F15.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a tool wich can import and export most popular model formats.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'm afraid you will not be able to use the SFP1 models unless you have the source .max file, and they are not available at combatace... you will have to contact personally the creator of each model and request his .max file of the model (or request that he does the exporting).

Anyway I'm sure many of the modelers will provide their models or will do the process themselves ;)

I'm afraid you will not be able to use the SFP1 models unless you have the source .max file, and they are not available at combatace... you will have to contact personally the creator of each model and request his .max file of the model (or request that he does the exporting).

Anyway I'm sure many of the modelers will provide their models or will do the process themselves ;)

That would be a good idea, since I have no idea how or what to do with models or how they work. Contacting the authors of the work shouldnt be much of a problem, and them having most of the times being flight sim enthusiasts,they would more than likely be willing to toss out their models to more sims.

My tool imports MDL files from quake and half life games among dozens of others including engineering programs. I "have deep exploration" from Right hemisphere I aquired a couple of years ago for my moding hobby.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P