I'm failing all the aerobatics and I don't know why... Is there any specific thing I have to do? Any parameter? Sorry for the generic question...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Do you have sufficient airspeed for the maneuvers? I recommend trying the practice mission as it has some additional dialogue to help you execute the maneuvers.

Also this video can show you how they are done.

If you still have trouble this post explains the triggers used so you can get a sense of what the mission is checking.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 4 weeks later...

I too keep failing this mission (practice). I can complete, but I would like to be confident I can complete the maneuvers correctly.

The main issue I have is when I think I've nailed it....it tells me something was incorrect. At other times when I know I messed up, it tells me that I executed correctly.

When I try to wait to build speed for the Immelman, it tells me 'You failed to do that correctly' and I haven't initiated any move. Next time I attempt around 265 kias, which is not really enough and airspeed and I don't perform correctly at all, and it tells me excellent job. I noticed in Recon's video where he started at too slow a speed and was barely able to control plane on top of Immelman, but passed. I understand things have been updated since his videos.

Why not have the aerobatic component start at higher altitude with a split s....then you have the speed to complete the Immelman in quick succession.

[Are there specific locations in space that a maneuver has to start or occur to pass? Are there other parameters that are required that I might have missed in the documentation?]

Edit: Missed your comment below the Recon video with the link to required parameters.

Edited by Hba8103

• 3 years later...

I have not long started re-learning the A10 and am working my way through the BFT missions as part of my "training"

Strangely i just passed the Aerobatics mission...it is definitely the toughest one of the set (as far as Mission 11 anyway)

The problems are - the A10 doesn't really have enough "chops" for a neat immelman...so start with >260kts (something like 270 - 280 kts) and be prepared to wallow once your inverted...

The mission "judges you" on coming out of the maneuvers on the right bearing and (for the loop/barrel roll/cloverleaf) at the right altitude rather than how "neat" you fly them...so as long as you hit those trggers...you should get a pass...PLUS you don't need to succeed everyone maneuver - 4 (or maybe even 3) is enough to pass...

Airbag_signatur.png