Oculus Rift and Buttkicker?

I use OR CV1 and gametrix seat. Before Oculus Rift I also used Biutkicker (bass assist). However, now with OR, I am not able to use the Buttkicker Y-cable for bass signal splitting any longer. Any ideas? OR CV1 and Gametrix Seat Map is awesome, but additional BK-rumble would be cool.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I already have 2 soundcards. However, Game sound goes to default device "Rift". That is okay, I just need the game sound to go to a second device at the same time. That device could then be the source for BK. But Windows cannot send game sound to two devices simultaneousely, AFAIK.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

In SimShaker software you can select what sound source/device you want to use, so just select the second sound card for it. You are not supposed to send game sounds to BK, SimShaker will read game events and create its own sounds for the BK, that will be send to the BK via the sound source/device you specify in SimShaker settings.

No longer active in DCS...

• 1 month later...

If your computer has a Realtek sound chip you might want to check the Youtube guides below.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

You can use the Realtek chip as your primary soundcard and mix the audio through to the Oculus Rift.

I have it setup now but I am still awaiting delivery of the Buttkicker Gamer 2 unit...

I just downloaded and bought the sim shaker software. $23 for the full unlock, definitely worth it. Hardly any fiddling around, just make sure your buttkicker/ducer is plugged up right and you select the sound card it's connected to. No need to dupe audio signals or screw around with low-pass filters or eq settings, it seems to work similar to simvibe (if familiar with that for sim racing) in that it outputs it's own unique tones to trigger the buttkicker when needed. Works very well with DCS 1.5 - the only thing I don't notice is rumble when going down the runway in the A10C, which it says is a supported effect. In the 2.0alpha there are a lot of effects missing though. All I seem to have is stall rumble and weapon release/cannon fire. May be a fix though I'm just starting with the software. I definitely would recommend trying the software out. I've been looking for a good DCS rumble machine for ages, I can't believe this has been under my nose the whole time.

I used Virtual Audio Cable to split game sound into three devices: Rift, BK (on built-in Realtek) and TV/Receiver (NVidia HDMI). And I have 2 bat files to turn it on and off. Works great with all sims, not just DCS.

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

To those interested, I found a better solution: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/index.htm#DownloadVoicemeeter

The advantage over Virtual Audio Cable is that it can join left and right stereo channels to produce mono sound. This is better for buttkicker, otherwise the engine vibration depends on which way I'm looking.

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

I already use simshaker with a "jetseat". Can I use it with Jetseat and BK simultaneousely? Need to have a look into that.

SimShaker can use BK and JetSeat simultaneously!

• 2 years later...

I use voicemeeter to run my buttkicker. Rift audio mirroring off (adds latency and echoes), voicemeeter as default audio device and Rift as default communications device.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I use voicemeeter to run my buttkicker. Rift audio mirroring off (adds latency and echoes), voicemeeter as default audio device and Rift as default communications device.

So voicemeeter mixes the BK and my odyssey headset sound together ?

So voicemeeter mixes the BK and my odyssey headset sound together ?

Voicemeeter allows your audio out 3.5 mm socket ( green one that you plug buttkicker amp into) to be used in conjunction with the Rift USB headphones, which are the real culprit here.

USB headphones cut all other audio channels out other than on the USB socket in use, including hdmi audio (which is why Oculus had to hurriedly introduce audio mirroring). Why Oculus went for USB headphones I do not know, but it was a bad move in my opinion.

I have no idea what config the Odyssey has.

Voicemeeter is two channel out audio - sends to rift usb and buttkicker amp.

Voicemeeter Banana is three channel - can send to rift usb, buttkicker and monitor speakers.

Both are shareware with free download and an optional donation page if it works for you.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Voicemeeter allows your audio out 3.5 mm socket ( green one that you plug buttkicker amp into) to be used in conjunction with the Rift USB headphones, which are the real culprit here.

USB headphones cut all other audio channels out other than on the USB socket in use, including hdmi audio (which is why Oculus had to hurriedly introduce audio mirroring). Why Oculus went for USB headphones I do not know, but it was a bad move in my opinion.

I have no idea what config the Odyssey has.

Voicemeeter is two channel out audio - sends to rift usb and buttkicker amp.

Voicemeeter Banana is three channel - can send to rift usb, buttkicker and monitor speakers.

Both are shareware with free download and an optional donation page if it works for you.

Thanks for the info...

What does “SimShaker” software i keep reading about do ?

Thanks for the info...

What does “SimShaker” software i keep reading about do ?

Sorry, I have no experience or real knowledge of the Simshaker app. I think it supports in game telemetry for activating multiple transducers, but not sure.

I operate my two BK's through windows 10.

Go to Sound Control Panel- Right click Recording- Hit Show disabled devices-Right click Stereo Mix and enable-Right click Stereo Mix again-Properties-Listen-Tick Listen to this device-Select second soundcard from drop down list-Apply-OK-Hit playback tab-Check both soundcards are enabled-Properties-Check second sound card has volume- Should be good to go.

This works very well, albeit with a little delay.

These settings can reset after Windows Updates. I have found that disabling and re-enabling the second sound card in the Sound Control Panel fixes this.

Hope this helps

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.