DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Huh, weird worked right away now without issue. Maybe it was me... I did fly into a mountain shortly after... so maybe I was doing something goofy.

Glad its working now! I know I shouldn't but I did LOL hard at that... Pesky mountains :thumbup:

My wishlist got surpassed some weeks back so I've got to get imaginative to ask for much more, but I'm interested in when you are going to begin the crunch towards line of sight and signal strength behaviour per radio.

It does seem to be maturing at a rate almost hard to keep up with, if the pace continues, I'd love a separate autoupdater app (Launcher) with autodownloader and the installer to have a choice on installing just client related stuff or just server related parts as I manage two very seperate environments. The seperate downloader could be authorised by security once, whilst being used repeatedly to get the newest version - OK, saves about 10 clicks, you've got most of the low hanging feature-fruit. Getting everyone coordinated on the right version is important though.

I will look at an autoupdater but progress will drastically slow now to put the ground work in for the Line of Sight and power limitations.

To give an idea, the Process will be:

• Change how Data is exported from DCS to allow Power, Position and More radios
  • Sync Radio state and player positions with server
  • Basic filter for Transmission Server Side
  • Implement GCI Panel with 8 - 10 Radios
  • Implement new Encryption system with 4 character codes
  • Implement interface allow code saving and loading on overlay and GCI radio
  • Release of GCI / AWACS panel
  • Implement distance calculations client side
  • Implement server side options for toggling distance calculations
  • Implement something clientside showing current connected server side options
  • Filter transmissions based on emission strength + distance
  • Hopefully implement noise vs distance filter as transmissions near max range
  • Release Distance Filter
  • Read all about DEM, try to understand how to parse GeoTiff and do Line of sight in C#
  • Release?
  • Other stuff I've not thought of...

So basically a lot of work ahead! :)

Thank you so much! Now I got it. Can't believe I missed that the guard frequency is set by the plane. But it makes sense :)

Glad that helped! Feel free to share that doc if anyone else needs it.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

How about adding to that list sound that plays briefly before and after every radio transmission? Check this out for an example of how it sounds in real life: [ame]

[/ame]

Also, what about preventing people from talking over each other? Some sort of feedback or beep or something like that?

How about adding to that list sound that plays briefly before and after every radio transmission? Check this out for an example of how it sounds in real life:

Also, what about preventing people from talking over each other? Some sort of feedback or beep or something like that?

Yes forgot audio. All audio effects will be added after distance and line of sight including the audio for the ky-58 encryption.

For people talking over each other, I need to make it so that when you're transmitting you can't hear on that radio at all as the listen part of the circuit is disengaged when transmitting so you don't hear yourself afaik :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hello there,

First thank you for your work dude!

Quick question i've watched videos, looked on the web but no answer for me.

My teamspeak is in pusk to talk (but i've installed the stanalone version of the radio soft), I've run my own server (radio), connect to it but i'm in continious transmission and not push to talk so i'm transmitting continiously over the frequency and i would like to "push to talk" to speak over the freq.

Could you please help me out to set up that.

Thanks

PS: On the overlay i'm connected to the server, radio is recognized so it's only a matter of keybiding i guess // I've the standalone version btw

Hello there,

First thank you for your work dude!

Quick question i've watched videos, looked on the web but no answer for me.

My teamspeak is in pusk to talk (but i've installed the stanalone version of the radio soft), I've run my own server (radio), connect to it but i'm in continious transmission and not push to talk so i'm transmitting continiously over the frequency and i would like to "push to talk" to speak over the freq.

Could you please help me out to set up that.

Thanks

PS: On the overlay i'm connected to the server, radio is recognized so it's only a matter of keybiding i guess // I've the standalone version btw

Sorry you're having trouble.

What keys are your trying to bind and on what device?

To start with, press clear on every keybind in SimpleRadio Standalone (even if there's nothing there) to make sure all the current binds are cleaned out and then rebind the button you want to use. Just to double check, the button definitely isnt a toggle?

One issue that I found is if multiple channels are used at the same time SP is like switching all the time between them and it sound like it stutters

Yes I've noticed that .

Perhaps setting radio channels to audio left/right might help simultaneous playback, for two channels at least.

Some kind of mixing would be better.

Watching Blue Flag there's often GCI and 2 flight members talking over each other.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Ciribob, First and foremost, Thank you for all the work you have put into the Simple Radio project. My vSquadron has been using the Standalone Radio for a few days now. One thing I have noticed in my last two flights is that the comms seem to go to "sleep" and stop working if not used for a while. Both pilots have to reinitialize the radios by pressing all of the PTT keys for the jet to re-establish radio communications. In my case this was present in the A-10C. Sorry in advance if this has already been reported previously.

-R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

Thats really odd to see as on the 3 servers we've run it on for buddy spike we've yet to see one crash... It might be due to someone connecting with an old version?

Silly question but are you definitely running the latest version?

I'd also make sure that the .NET runtime is updated to the latest version as well. I'll keep investigating and see if I can reproduce on any of the servers available to me.

I'll get back to you on the .NET updates. 1st thing I thought of at the time.

As of this morning it's been deprecated. I'll be updating it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do I edit the M2000C radio files so I can bring up 264 UHF

Check the end lines of M-2000c.lua in coremods/aircrafts/m-2000c.

Unfortunately, if you edit this lua you will not pass the integrity check.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Hello,

I got a problem hope you guys can help.

My Overlay was working fine but is now huge!

Its filling the entire top of my screen horizontal.

I can resize it in the vertical (making it bigger) but not in the horizontal.

Tried to reinstall but that didn't work.

Thnx in advance

Hello,

Allthough installation seems to be perfect (files, export.lua etc) and I succesfully connect to the server, when I open DCS, I join to a multiplayer server and a get an A/C slot (in cockpit) unfortunately overlay radios are still marked as UNKNOWN ( i don't get freqs).

Any idea

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

Hello,

Allthough installation seems to be perfect (files, export.lua etc) and I succesfully connect to the server, when I open DCS, I join to a multiplayer server and a get an A/C slot (in cockpit) unfortunately overlay radios are still marked as UNKNOWN ( i don't get freqs).

Any idea

What aircraft were you flying and did you remember to actually bring power on and turn the radios on?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

@toxic

You can tune "264" with the V/UHF radio in manual mode.

UHF radio only works with presets.

No problems here to tune 264 in manual mode.

@Panthir.

Maybe the server doesn't allow to export data, so DCS-SR will not work.

Hello,

Any idea

Be advised SR will only work on the servers that are running the ServerClient (104th and Buddyspike atm)

Loving the new single application approach... makes it alot easier to open up SR and be ready to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, i tried su25t, f-15c and su27

The above was tried in buddyspike server

Yes I've noticed that .

Perhaps setting radio channels to audio left/right might help simultaneous playback, for two channels at least.

Some kind of mixing would be better.

Watching Blue Flag there's often GCI and 2 flight members talking over each other.

I do have it setup one on each channel and it happens the same.