DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Because this thread is getting beefy I am going to ask rather than search I hope you will be kind :)

I took on the role of JTAC last night using 1.2.9.1 and had the awacs radio overlay up. Everyone could hear me talking on the relevant frequencies but I could hear no reply.

I was using AAA emplacements and Hummvees to JTAC from anyone have any ideas why I had problems?

I have had the same problem as Cibit with all limiting effects disabled. Sometimes it works but then suddenly stops working. This same problem affects both AWACS and spectator audio. This problem occurs mostly between aircrafts and AWACS/Spectator. So if I can't hear transmissions from aircrafts I can still hear them from other spectators and then if I get in a plane I can hear transmissions from other planes also. But if I go back to spectator, I can't hear transmissions from planes again.

I have the same problem as Cibit and Bushmanni. :(

When you have transmissions problems are you:

• Spectator or in an actual slot
  • In an Aircraft slot using CA or just in CA specific slot
  • using the AWACS panel or the normal radio overlay

If you can give as much info as possible, that would be a great help :)

Cool!

Sorry, didn't quite understand. Are you considering porting the project to Golang?

Considering porting to Golang, it looks like an interesting language and although garbage collected / memory managed, the pauses are 1 millisecond or less now so it would be interesting to see how it worked with Audio.

Making the SR line first in the export script worked for me, but now Helios no longer seems to work so that makes sense. Had TacView removed already from the script.

TacView Fix is here (use the newest beta): http://www.tacview.net/download/beta/en/

Helios & Other export scripts Fix (not sure about DCS-Bios):

Remove the line below from the export script

os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I was in the Game master Blue slot

Using CA in MP with various airframes including Huey, MC2000, Gazelle, Su25, A10-C in the mission. I flew a huey outbound to simulate the insertion of the JTAC then changed roles/slots to Gamemaster

Exclusively using the AWACS overlay

V1.2.9.1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again, Ciribob. With Helios, Tacview, and SRS all conspiring together that was a great response. Not helped by several of my mods being well out of date - a sobering lesson learned.

Back to flying (and talking) with the lads again. (I use the word 'lads' in an inclusive and non-sexist way)

New Release Version - 1.2.9.2

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48231

This release aims to fix the intermittent radio for AWACS / Spectators that was reported and also adds the address book feature. Protocol version is the same but servers should update as soon as possible to ensure the client sync is more reliable.

Massive thanks to Hallux for implementing the address book feature! :thumbup:

Changelog

• Better Client <=> Server Sync
  • Thanks to @GylesBates for the new Address Book Feature
  • Intercom no longer has distortion applied

Thanks again for all your support, Sorry I have so little time at the moment to work on this.

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Any news about radio mix distortion?

Did a quick test earlier. Had the laptop transmitting on 3 different frequencies, with 3 radio clients, PC tuned into all 3 radios on one client and it worked fine with no distortion so still can't replicate... :/

When I have a bit more time next week maybe ill organise a quick test on a server as I guess I need different connections and more clients to replicate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great.

Ciribob, i usually have enough time to run test at my home. We have our own TS server and i could help you joining you in a MP session if you like.

I speak english well enough i think so this is not a problem. If you need my help send a PM and i will join you in your test.We need min 3 users. Two talking at the same time in two radios and one hearing at the same time this two radios to hear the distorsion.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

TacView Fix is here (use the newest beta): http://www.tacview.net/download/beta/en/

Helios & Other export scripts Fix (not sure about DCS-Bios):

Remove the line below from the export script

os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for this! I couldn't get Simple Radio to connect to dcs after the 1.5.5 update and doing both of these things resolved the issue!

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have windows 10, and installed the pre-req's. I have the steam version of DCS and it updated to 1.5.5. I installed Simple Radio, and I can connect with the client to servers (blue flag for example), but the overlay ALWAYS displays "unknown" for the freq.

I surmise that the Simple Radio client and my DCS Game are not "talking" to each other. I haven't found much in the way of troubleshooting steps for this instance, can someone help?

I have windows 10, and installed the pre-req's. I have the steam version of DCS and it updated to 1.5.5. I installed Simple Radio, and I can connect with the client to servers (blue flag for example), but the overlay ALWAYS displays "unknown" for the freq.

I surmise that the Simple Radio client and my DCS Game are not "talking" to each other. I haven't found much in the way of troubleshooting steps for this instance, can someone help?

Look at the post above yours. Fix is there.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Rottie- good playing with you tonight. Glad you got Simple Radio up and working!

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey TJ, Wish I could have done more, just really getting everything setup still...

So my fix was not exactly the same as a few posts above... Long story short I ended up having to completely delete the export.lua file from my save games, create a new one (the one liner instructions from simple radio) and that worked.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the CDU app working again (I found an iOS app that acts as your A-10C CDU). Always something to fix ;)

Sorry, but how you set now the frequencies? The first page of this thread is outdated compared with the latest software, I dont see the buttons to set the radio frequency, only No Radio and Set for encryption. And the radio is connected with the server ok.

Edited by JunMcKill

Ciribob, is there a way to make a client auto-connect without getting into a plane? Trying to setup a radio channel server side basicly for testing, maybe turn it into or add an ATIS channel one day.

And do spectators have a certain position? E: Still a valid question, i got a lot of static but even when there was no audio source playing.. changing the frequency of Virtual audio cable to 48Khz fixed it.

Edited by Coug4r

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Hey,

Is it possible to get SRS working with the KY-58 in the A-10C?

(There is a mod that can be done to allow mapping of the KY-58's switches and nobs.)

Most likely is also possible to export the data from those switches and nobs for use in the encryption part of SRS. Would be nice to do that from the cockpit since I'm all ready handling the radios from there anyway.

Is this all ready being worked on?

Thanks

sBryansGames

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, but how you set now the frequencies? The first page of this thread is outdated compared with the latest software, I dont see the buttons to set the radio frequency, only No Radio and Set for encryption. And the radio is connected with the server ok.

The controls will appear if the radio supports controls from the radio or not.

If you're seeing no radio, are you connected to a server and in a mission, either spectator or in an aircraft?

If yes, upgrade your tacview (it'll break SRS) and if you're still having trouble:

• Post Export.lua
  • Post a screenshot of your DCS Scripts folder

And i'll help you solve it :)

Ciribob, is there a way to make a client auto-connect without getting into a plane? Trying to setup a radio channel server side basicly for testing, maybe turn it into or add an ATIS channel one day.

And do spectators have a certain position? E: Still a valid question, i got a lot of static but even when there was no audio source playing.. changing the frequency of Virtual audio cable to 48Khz fixed it.

It should connect automatically when the server is first joined but for an ATIS channel, i'd just connect to the server once and leave it? Shouldn't really matter what the server is doing as long as the player that the radios attached to is in at least spectators.

Good to know about setting VAC to 48KHz!

Hey,

Is it possible to get SRS working with the KY-58 in the A-10C?

(There is a mod that can be done to allow mapping of the KY-58's switches and nobs.)

Most likely is also possible to export the data from those switches and nobs for use in the encryption part of SRS. Would be nice to do that from the cockpit since I'm all ready handling the radios from there anyway.

Is this all ready being worked on?

Thanks

sBryansGames

Check the first post of this entire thread. Its already fully supported :)

As in encryption on the Mirage, Gazelle and FC3 aircraft

Or checkout this review which also demos it in a great pit!

Now that's a simpit!! And even a thank you note :) Wonder what he does when he wants to fly an Albatros.. But anywho, was thinking more of a command line switch to autoconnect. On the other hand i suppose this is just a workaround for now, if some more features would be available server side then we could create radio channels, ATIS and whatever we can think of.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.