DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

For me Hornets radio says FC3 and doesnt replicate the frequencies I have dialed in. Am I doing something wrong? :)
Are you sure you've got the latest version and used the installer to install? If you have an older version you'll see that :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Are you sure you've got the latest version and used the installer to install? If you have an older version you'll see that :)

EDIT: I am stupid. Sorry. :)

Edited by Silvern

Got a tiny remark on 1.5.2.0 with the Hornet:

The SRS "Radio 3" switch in the Hornet seems to activate radio 1 instead. Since there is no radio 3 in the Hornet, that's no big deal, but we had a bit of confusion when my wingman wanted to transmit on radio 2, but used radio 1 accidentally.

Other than that, SRS works great with our new toy, thanks a lot for the quick update! :thumbup:

Got a tiny remark on 1.5.2.0 with the Hornet:

The SRS "Radio 3" switch in the Hornet seems to activate radio 1 instead. Since there is no radio 3 in the Hornet, that's no big deal, but we had a bit of confusion when my wingman wanted to transmit on radio 2, but used radio 1 accidentally.

Other than that, SRS works great with our new toy, thanks a lot for the quick update!

As there is no radio for 3, when you turn on "use radio switch as PTT" it'll activate the currently selected radios ptt instead (as it can't switch)

Not a bug as such, as that's correct but slightly confusing :D

Glad it's all working though :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Is this on the latest release as of last night?

LUA changed in 2.5.1/2.5.2 release

That's is for reporting.Sorry wasn't clear - need help with 3 separate things.

SRS coding - it's not really commented but depending on your level you should be able to follow along. It's how I learnt c# :)

SRS docs - sorting out the wiki page on GitHub - needs full info of how to use, how to use with each airframe, troubleshooting guide etc

LOTATC - info on current radio integration, how many radios, how are they controlled (lotatc or via other external program), how you change transmit location etc

It might have been me not reading clearly or a combo of both. I’ll try to help with one and three if you want it it’s been a while since I looked into c#. But I’m willing to try if you’ll help me in the beginning.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Just getting back into SRS and i have serached the thread for 'voice activation' and the last mention of it was back in 2016. I'd think it would be a great addition! I get your concerns about hot micing an entire channel, but for buddies flying on a private server it would come in handy for sure. If it was implemented to be activated/deactivated under the server options i think it might meet the demands of all sides. Open and big servers simply disable it, and private small groups can enable it. What is your main concern? Technical feasebility/time investment or aforementioned 'hot mic' issue?

My SRS is failing to open once the EXE has been opened. I have 2 error logs from my event viewer and the client log for SRS attached.

Event viewer application error.txt

Event viewer error .net runtime.txt

clientlog.txt

CARRIER AIR WING EIGHT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FELIX 101

F-14D BuNo 164603

Radar Intercept Officer , Fighting Thirty One

LT W. "Mafia" Nagel

http://www.cvw-8.org

Im having an issue with people being able to hear me, but I am not able to hear them, even though every volume knob in the hornet is turned all the way up. I've fiddled with which speakers the audio is going through and i'm still not hearing anyone.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I've got 1.5.2 and was on Buddyspike if that helps

"Chops"

Just getting back into SRS and i have serached the thread for 'voice activation' and the last mention of it was back in 2016. I'd think it would be a great addition! I get your concerns about hot micing an entire channel, but for buddies flying on a private server it would come in handy for sure. If it was implemented to be activated/deactivated under the server options i think it might meet the demands of all sides. Open and big servers simply disable it, and private small groups can enable it. What is your main concern? Technical feasebility/time investment or aforementioned 'hot mic' issue?

Technical feasibility - although I think i've stumbled over a solution for that as detecting voice isn't straight forward. There are libraries that can be used and I think i've found one I could use

Hot Mic is the other worry but possibly will look at making it work for the intercom first as I think thats more common? Some aircraft (including Hornet I think) do have voice activated radio so definitely something to be done at some point - but probably server side controlled for safety

My SRS is failing to open once the EXE has been opened. I have 2 error logs from my event viewer and the client log for SRS attached.

Looks like an audio device is causing an error - try disabling all unused audio devices and that should fix it

Im having an issue with people being able to hear me, but I am not able to hear them, even though every volume knob in the hornet is turned all the way up. I've fiddled with which speakers the audio is going through and i'm still not hearing anyone.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I've got 1.5.2 and was on Buddyspike if that helps

Are you sure you can hear youself on preview audio and you were broadcasting and getting a light green ptt light and tone on the right channel?

Try restarting windows and see how it goes if it happens again and let me know if that solves it :)

Are you sure you can hear youself on preview audio and you were broadcasting and getting a light green ptt light and tone on the right channel?

Try restarting windows and see how it goes if it happens again and let me know if that solves it :)

Yup, I could hear myself and was getting the light green light.

I’ll be able to try again tomorrow morning and I’ll let you know if it works after a restart.

"Chops"

Technical feasibility - although I think i've stumbled over a solution for that as detecting voice isn't straight forward. There are libraries that can be used and I think i've found one I could use

Hot Mic is the other worry but possibly will look at making it work for the intercom first as I think thats more common? Some aircraft (including Hornet I think) do have voice activated radio so definitely something to be done at some point - but probably server side controlled for safety

Looks like an audio device is causing an error - try disabling all unused audio devices and that should fix it

That fixed it, thank you!

CARRIER AIR WING EIGHT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FELIX 101

F-14D BuNo 164603

Radar Intercept Officer , Fighting Thirty One

LT W. "Mafia" Nagel

http://www.cvw-8.org

Ciribob, was wondering if adding a new dropdown window or something of the sort for allowing the switching of PTT hotkey assignments would be a task you might be willing to undertake.

I.E. Some kind of profile I can setup and save for when I switch between aircraft.

I have quite a few modules, and I tend to try to match HOTAS diagrams as closely as possible when mapping controls for full fidelity pits, which leaves me conflicted when I switch from an FC3 aircraft to something full fidelity.

If nothing else maybe a checkbox that disables hotkey assignments in srs if the "Radio works as PTT" feature means what I think it does.

Feel free to clue me in if I'm missing something.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Hi guys, im just using SRS with hornet for the first time. I noticed the changelog says something about dcs default hotkeys for the a10c, but doesnt that apply also for the hornet?

Do I need to change the control assignments each time I fly a different aircraft?

thanks.

There are check boxes in settings for how you want to control the radios. If you choose SRS Hot key override, then the same Hot keys you added inside SRS will work for all aircraft.

If you choose DCS native controls then the radios will use the in cockpit/HOTAS controls that you setup inside DCS. With this option you will have different controls for each aircraft.

Ciribob, was wondering if adding a new dropdown window or something of the sort for allowing the switching of PTT hotkey assignments would be a task you might be willing to undertake.

I.E. Some kind of profile I can setup and save for when I switch between aircraft.

I have quite a few modules, and I tend to try to match HOTAS diagrams as closely as possible when mapping controls for full fidelity pits, which leaves me conflicted when I switch from an FC3 aircraft to something full fidelity.

If nothing else maybe a checkbox that disables hotkey assignments in srs if the "Radio works as PTT" feature means what I think it does.

Feel free to clue me in if I'm missing something.

I think i follow, so kinda the opposite of DCS controls and a disable SRS radio switch controls switch would work.

A few people have asked about different control schemes. I'll have a think about how best to do it.

Hi guys, im just using SRS with hornet for the first time. I noticed the changelog says something about dcs default hotkeys for the a10c, but doesnt that apply also for the hornet?

Do I need to change the control assignments each time I fly a different aircraft?

thanks.

The A10C I may switch back in the next patch, had a lot of people message me about it but I'll post the info of how to change the line in LUA to make the control scheme as it is now.

For SRS, it should say on the radio overlay HOTAS controls or not. If it does say HOTAS then SRS can be used to select a radio, if it doesn't you must use incockpit controls to select.

The SRS PTT binding will always work regardless of the control scheme . Hope that helps

I have the same question!
Hornet uses SRS hotkeys - currently no way to use DCS controls. Just bind radio switch keys and ptt (or turn on radio switch works as Ptt)

I think i follow, so kinda the opposite of DCS controls and a disable SRS radio switch controls switch would work.

Hey thank you for the consideration. :) It's really the only thing I struggle with when trying to use SRS.

The hatswitch I leave free for SRS in FC3 is sometimes a countermeasures switch or some other function in a full fidelity pit.

It is kind of daunting for me trying to figure out where to put those functions when most of my buttons are already used in most of the clickpits.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

No mic click sounds

Updated to 1.5.2.0 last night, all is working fine accept mic clicks when pressing PTT are no longer heard. Is there a setting Im missing? has anyone else experienced this? Happend in the Hornet but didnt check any other a/c

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Updated to 1.5.2.0 last night, all is working fine accept mic clicks when pressing PTT are no longer heard. Is there a setting Im missing? has anyone else experienced this? Happend in the Hornet but didnt check any other a/c

The 4 .wav files that are in the install package need to be placed inside a folder named AudioEffects inside the folder where SRS is installed.

i tried that and im still not hearing the clicks i did get an error when updating to 1.5.2.0 last night when i ran the installer. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and i get the same dcs SRS has stopped working when running the installer as admin.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

GOT IT WORKING........ well for some crazy reason the audioefffects folder wasnt in the SRS folder, not sure how it got removed deleted or what but it seems that the installer isnt "installing" properly or its user error on my end.

Hello everyone,

I have started using SRS again with the Hornet and i am having an issue hearing people. I have the knobs in my aircraft turned all the way up but its still hard to hear. Any help would be appreciated.

LEGS - JTF-13